[A12d] Enhanced Development - 0.04.00 - 07/11/2015

Started by Jaxxa, August 28, 2015, 09:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaxxa

I was actually working on fixing that and this new version I just put up should fix it. Let me know if it does not.

The other main addition is that Personal shields can now be applied to Tamed animals. It works mostly the same as my personal shields on Colonists.

Change log:
Quote00.02.00
- Update to Alpha 12D.
- Removed unneeded vent images.
- Initial version of Shielded Animals.
- Fix for Drop-pod Intercept.
- Increased Shield buildings max Shield strength.
- Unpowered Shields buildings will now discharge slowly.

Ectoplasm

Ectoplasm

I seem to be getting a few errors when I reload a saved colony (one started fresh with 0.02.00).

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Exception reading FireResistantEmbrasures.xml as XML: 'texPath' is expected  Line 31, position 6..

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Exception reading ReinforcedEmbrasure.xml as XML: 'texPath' is expected  Line 31, position 6..

Exception reading ReinforcedFireResistantEmbrasures.xml as XML: 'texPath' is expected  Line 31, position 6..

Jaxxa

Are you certain that you don't have any other mods that could be causing this?

All of my Embrasure building are in "Buildings_Embrasure.xml" I don't have FireResistantEmbrasures.xml,  ReinforcedEmbrasure.xml or ReinforcedFireResistantEmbrasures.xml

A google search for "ReinforcedFireResistantEmbrasures.xml" returns a hit for "Mechanical Defence 2" do you have that mod that could be causing the issue?

Ectoplasm

You're totally correct, sorry! I thought I had deleted that mod.. My bad.

Jaxxa

Ectoplasm

The little nano shields, are they not bought from traders anymore like in v0.01? I'm on day 206 in this colony now, and I haven't seen one trader with them :(

Jaxxa

For my Personal Nano Shields, you don't have to buy them from traders.

You build the upgrade station, put a colonist (or tamed animal) next to it and press the upgrade button.

Ectoplasm

You have the 'nanite shield modulators' which I thought you had to buy from traders, then get your pawns to wear, and then you could charge it up at the colonist station. I see now that you don't have to buy them as upgrading the colonist at the station makes a nanite shield modulator automatically. Sorry I did not realise this. I saw them on a trader in a previous colony (and bought some) And thought these nanite shield modulators had to be bought before the colonist upgrade stage.

gizmo73

First, one of my must have mods, thanks for this!

Am I missing something, but for some reason every attack of manhunters destroys my shields, I have tried powering them off via power switch, or manually with the toggle power on each one, I guess I assumed they would not be attacked like powered off turrets. Is this intended functionality and I should protect my shield generator?

Thanks!

Jaxxa

New Update:

Quote00.02.01
-Removed unneeded logging that could have a performance impact.
-Stargate can now take resources from any type of Hopper or the ground.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Jaxxa on November 01, 2015, 12:06:54 AM
New Update:

Quote00.02.01
YEEEEEES.

Jaxxa

Quote from: gizmo73 on October 05, 2015, 09:47:40 PM
First, one of my must have mods, thanks for this!

Am I missing something, but for some reason every attack of manhunters destroys my shields, I have tried powering them off via power switch, or manually with the toggle power on each one, I guess I assumed they would not be attacked like powered off turrets. Is this intended functionality and I should protect my shield generator?

Thanks!

Sorry I missed your comment.

I dont know exactly what the AI is using to decide what to attack, I will have a look into that when I get the time.

starburst98

well for the larger shields i see no reason NOT to have them at least in a little shed in case of pirates built for melee. bullet proof shields don't stop knives. and manhunters can't/wont open doors so they can't get into the shield-shed.

edit: wondering what happens if i gate out my people, add mods and new gate them into a new place. like,  don't remove any mods that would cause their gear to be invalid, but say i gate out, add Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots, and then start a new world and gate them in. could they have any data on them that results in issues? or is adding more mods perfectly safe?

tigg

Quote from: Jaxxa on November 01, 2015, 12:06:54 AM
New Update:

Quote00.02.01

Thank you!! I had to quit my last game because the lag was ridiculous but I didn't know what had caused it. In my current game I made 12 modulators at once and all of a sudden ..... jerk ... wait 2sec... jerk  etc. - completely unplayable, so I saved it and decided to forget about it for a while. I got a notification for this thread, put your update in and bam, things are back moving again.

Great mod.