[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jecrell

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 12, 2017, 01:40:08 PM
I wish you a happy birthday. And the Obivious question : Is the Conehat included ? If not, can I we have it ?
Making a birthday hat would be a legendary item. I cannot part with it. Also, my birthday hat enables me to skip the old age problems. Mwahahaha!

Also...
Arachnophobia Update

8/13/17
v1.17.1.12
New Translations:
- Français (NorX Aengell)
- Português (KaiserThurston)
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Canute

jecrell,
since you are a mastercoder. Isn't it possible to do a ingame versioncheck. When you werwolfs need a special version of jecstools, can't werwolfes check on loadup if this is install, and popup a warning or give a clear error msg. that even dump user see "Error, get newest ...." ?

I think i saw a similar msg. when i forget to activate hugslib.

Apposl

Quote from: jecrell on August 13, 2017, 12:49:27 AM
Quote from: Apposl on August 12, 2017, 09:56:16 PM
Hi, I love your mod and I am curious if anyone here has discussed other mods that are compatible or add to the atmosphere? I'd like to have that discussion if it hasn't happened already, I'm just slow going through 40 pages of thread on my 2g mobile connection.

Love the mod, basically inspired me to sign up here. Thank you for all your hard work.

PS: I just added the werewolves mod and get this error. I don't care and will just deactivate or try to play anyway and see how it goes, but just in case this helps you at all, I thought I'd share? If you need anything else from me like a mod list or anything please let me know. Thanks again! https://gist.github.com/80e17806aaaaf6c333bc4ef4087c98ad

PPS - JUST REALIZED YOU POSTED THAT TODAY AND SAID IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Thank you good fellow. Do check out this recent update for JecsTools.
https://github.com/jecrell/JecsTools/releases That should fix your problem.
Bless

Oh shoot, I noticed there was a new JecsTools about half an hour after my post to you and wondered if that could be it - thank you so much for clarifying that it was in fact the issue!

And a new Arachnaphobia update too - thank you, thank you, thank you! Hope your birthday was great!

jecrell

Quote from: Canute on August 13, 2017, 04:08:15 AM
jecrell,
since you are a mastercoder. Isn't it possible to do a ingame versioncheck. When you werwolfs need a special version of jecstools, can't werwolfes check on loadup if this is install, and popup a warning or give a clear error msg. that even dump user see "Error, get newest ...." ?

I think i saw a similar msg. when i forget to activate hugslib.

Solid idea. I'll get to it before release.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Canute

i just finished my unsuccesful 1. werwolf colony.
I created a Apini tribal with 5 pawns. I gave them all the 1. werwolf trait.
And just encounter my first full moon, and my colony got 4 death in one night. The new born werwolfs just slaughter themself.

What do you think about some warnings ingame, like pawn x is feeling a strange rage when he watch the rising moon.

I notice the 2 werwolfs traits are name same, or at last they got the same names at Prepare carefully but different tooltips.
The "unblooded" trait i couldn't see/find.

jake12116

was the error around world generation ever resolved? whenever i add jecstools to my mod order it becomes impossible to generate a world.

Apposl

Quote from: jake12116 on August 14, 2017, 05:49:37 PM
was the error around world generation ever resolved? whenever i add jecstools to my mod order it becomes impossible to generate a world.

I am new to the game and have about 50 mods, including all of the CoC/Lovecraft stuff, HugsLib, Jecstools - just get the updated versions and there is zero problem with world generation to my knowledge. My daughter and I are both playing with these mods active, zero problems.

jake12116

@apposl I'm using the steam workshop version and the only thing that causes world gen failure is adding jecstools, someone yesterday posted the exact same problem and I'm just wondering if it was ever resolved as we have the same problem.

Canute

The problem with the world generation was only a DRM version problem that got solved a while ago.
That steam user encounter this problem is new, you are the first one who report this on the forum.
Why you don't try to use the github version of jecstools and look if that fix the problem maybe.

jake12116

@canute interesting, if it was DRM related though wouldn't you see it with any mod/vanilla generation? why only one specific mod? I did try github, both current and previous versions and same problem.
Either way it got me thinking, i'm one of only a few people who seem to be having and issue so, fresh install ahoy(including appdata). Searched through all the mods and tried to find the incompatibility, turns out there isn't one, so i tried deleting and redownloading the jecstools from workshop (they are stored seperate). it then generated fine.......i honestly have no idea how that works but hey, it worked.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: jake12116 on August 14, 2017, 05:49:37 PM

I have the problem as well and circumvent it by activating jecstool after world gen.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Canute

I don't got problems and i needed the latest jecstools for the werwolfes.
Then i would say it is a modconflict.

Onasaki

Hey, Jec, so I love your Arachnophobia mod. It's one of my favorites. However, using the Cave Biome mod by Rikiki, it doesn't seem to spawn any in the caves. Is this due to how they're coded?

I've put the spawn meter up to like, 2.5x and played for at least 5-6 days ingame. I've already got the Grimoire for the cult stuff, but I haven't seen a single spider, and I think they'd be a perfect addition to the cave biome.
I have two forces by my side;
One's the truth and one's a lie;
Which one's which I cannot tell;
This enigma is my hell.

Canute

Ofcourse spiders don't spawn inside caves.
Normaly they don't have any prey insides caves, and they would starve inside caves, since all non-insect animal spawn outside.

Oblitus

Quote from: Canute on August 16, 2017, 03:16:35 AM
Ofcourse spiders don't spawn inside caves.
Normaly they don't have any prey insides caves, and they would starve inside caves, since all non-insect animal spawn outside.
I think you've missed a point. Cave biome != cave on map. Cave biome is type of map. And spiders probably don't spawn there, as well as other mod animals, since spawn chances are per-biome.