Memory leak

Started by BattleBird, April 07, 2024, 06:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BattleBird

I have been trying to personally debug and repair a mod list I have been using for a while now but had a memory-based crash that I have attributed to a memory leak, sure enough, the memory usage climbs to 24gbs and beyond. I tried batch activating mods and marking down exact mods added and their memory usages, dev quick tests then a real play-through attempt (spawn in with chosen ideo, xeno typed pawn, make a wood house with a door, storage and a research table), at iteration 5 a memory leak occurred that was minor in scale, the logs show no signs of what's causing this however.

What's worse is at iteration 5 the 6 mods were tested individually then batched together then together and the memory leaks ceased, then when ran again this issue occurred.
although confusing I have gleaned that what is causing this is at the map generation stage, as memory usage climbs after the pawn choosing screen.

Below I will provide 6 files, 1 save file with my batch 5 test mod list, the log after the pawn spawn, and the physical save, then the same for my total mod list with all mods, a save file, mod list then a log.

Some points of note are that the rate of memory increase is either very harsh or very subtle, (no idea if that matters but I thought it was interesting), any additional information I would be glad to provide as well as any extra testing I need to conduct can and will be done.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1s5KUJ3PcV9LDhuT6-DsbNUJEI53JzAFo?usp=sharing