Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Regret

Quote from: 31337 on May 22, 2015, 08:39:35 AM
I don't know if this would be quick enough to implement but my idea is for an end game type scenario.
(You need to add a new component to the ship, storage (maybe both cold and normal storage?))
Once complete and filled, the player launches the ship and is taken to start a new game (generate world or use existing, and pick a starting area).

They can then start again but with all the characters they had and any stuff they stored on their ship.
(possibly allow the ship to land instead of it being destroyed? Or explain that because of its basic construction it was unable to land and only the basic spine survives (which then ties in to resetting the research because AI was lost!) )

It might not be feasible as a quick win but it might be a good way to introduce continuity and re-playability at the same time.
+1 for continuity.

Sjaa

Colonists take x*y materials needed for x crafting jobs with them to table.

Now: Colonists have 5 runs left, each taking 10 materials.  Colonist grabs 10 from stockpile, hauls to table, finishes, hauls product back to stockpile (repeats 5 more times).

Implemented: Same as above, but colonist grabs 50 materials and hauls to table, doing 5 runs before hauling all materials back to stockpile.

It may not seem like much, but I spend a large amount of time each game making mini-stockpiles next to each crafting table that holds the ingredients needed for the jobs, just so my colonists don't walk far (can easily waste most of the day hauling otherwise)

AllenWL

More carpet colors, and dying cloth clothes.

Evilko

Instant death on direct lightning hit. And only personal shield can save, but still character would be heavily damaged and incapacitated.

gophertuna

Saw this game a long time ago. Just recently bought it. Great work, I love it.

I have plenty of suggestions, here's some of the simpler ones.

- Hook hands prosthetic. You've already got peg legs!
- Being able to "rescue" injured colonists who aren't down, but are moving slowly.
- A Closet. Similar to an equipment rack, but it's for clothing.
- Being able to change colonist's clothing selection priority between quality/temperature/defense.
- Being able to mark doors to only open for colonist/raider/visitor/prisoner.
- Lights/Heaters that turn on/off automatically when someone enters/exits room, or alternatively some kind of motion sensor trigger.

This is just a few I have many more.

Kegereneku

Quote from: gophertuna on May 25, 2015, 04:29:45 AM
- Being able to "rescue" injured colonists who aren't down, but are moving slowly.

I definitely want those.

Closet/locker/wardrobe too but I doubt that's "cheap"
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Jorlem

Also, pirate hats.  We've already got cowboy hats, but what if I want to go full pirate? (Also, the pirate factions should have a tendency to wear these.  :P )

gophertuna

I would like to have some crafted archaic armor, such as leather vest/helms, metal chest plates, metal helms. There are archaic options for weapons, but so far all armor is modern. That would see my blacksmith bench get more use too.

SSS

Quote from: Evilko on May 24, 2015, 09:04:38 PM
Instant death on direct lightning hit. And only personal shield can save, but still character would be heavily damaged and incapacitated.
You mean they don't turn into xenohumans?

Many people have survived lightning strikes in real life. Requiring a personal shield hardly seems necessary. (On the other hand, having a personal shield become supercharged by lightning strikes would be pretty cool, but it probably isn't worth the effort.)

OT:

• Pyromaniacs could set buildings and such on fire when they go berserk, rather than attacking other colonists.
• Squirrels could occasionally/opportunistically "attack" nearby buildings, and maybe prefer floors over dirt (to simulate their property-destroying habits).
• Benevolent weather could be nice. For example, windstorm could boost wind power production for awhile. Having an unusually mild spot during the summer or winter would be nice as well.

king komodo

Why has no one suggested this before, including myself!!!

This is just a good idea all around though.

Adamiks

Quote from: king komodo on May 26, 2015, 04:14:01 AM

Because EPOE 8)

Frankenbeasley

I would love to be able to sort my colonists by skill column on the priorities overview. I think the default order should be by sequence of joining the colony, but I'd also love to be able to click on Cooking, for instance, and have them appear with top chefs at the top. Although this isn't essential, once you get beyond a certain number of colonists it can be a pain having to hover over the priority boxes to compare ability.

Also, I find the injury indication strangely counter-intuitive; the closer an injured colonist gets to full health, the more red there is behind their tag. It may just be me, but I still auto-assume that the more red I see the greater the injury or illness and so I will frequently assign my doctors to prioritize treating the colonist with a bruised buttock whilst the newly renamed Legless Larry bleeds out in a bed three feet away. I would rather the red disappeared as they got better.
You live and learn. At any rate, you live.  - Douglas Adams

akiceabear

Quote from: Frankenbeasley on May 27, 2015, 04:13:35 PM
I would love to be able to sort my colonists by skill column on the priorities overview. I think the default order should be by sequence of joining the colony, but I'd also love to be able to click on Cooking, for instance, and have them appear with top chefs at the top. Although this isn't essential, once you get beyond a certain number of colonists it can be a pain having to hover over the priority boxes to compare ability.

I and others have suggested this on Reddit before - and still would love to see this implemented!

Play2Jens

Quote from: king komodo on May 26, 2015, 04:14:01 AM

This is just a good idea all around though.

+2

Another event: A nearby planet is at war. All weapons temporary go up, but you also get more money in return for selling. Can also apply to other things like food prices going up or down.

akiceabear

QuoteAnother event: A nearby planet is at war. All weapons temporary go up, but you also get more money in return for selling. Can also apply to other things like food prices going up or down.

This is a nice theme for a range of events - droughts on neighbor planets, etc. Nice idea!