[1.4-1.5] (WIP) Red Horse ²

Started by Chicken Plucker, February 13, 2021, 09:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What upcoming faction mod are you looking forward to most?

The Ghosts
1 (25%)
Cordis Die
0 (0%)
Bad Company
2 (50%)
XOF
1 (25%)
Umbra Company
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Chicken Plucker

1.5 Updates: Google Drive Link

Mod updates:

[RH2] Metal Gear Solid
- Missing ideology texture for FOXHOUND ideology icon fixed
- Starting scenario text having white space fixed
- FOXHOUND world logo changed to better fit vanilla
- Culture description fix and removed the term "mercenary"

[RH2] Militaires Sans Frontieres
- Hush Puppy and Mosin now craftable
- MSF trader in base now sells hush puppy, mosin and stun rod

Quote from: Skynert on April 24, 2024, 03:19:16 PMNo problem, I have stockpile of drugs for those poor drug dependend xenohumans.

Yep, it's what I would do too. Sadly drugs are a bit goofy

Chicken Plucker

Mod updates:
[RH2] Militaires Sans Frontieres
- Maxi Cola can no longer cause an overdose

Bad Company Progress:

Pawns:

G.I. Drone
Description: Ground Infantry Drone, will be carrying M60-E6. The Guardian GI Drone variant will be heavily armored, look bulkier and have a different head. Approximately 7ft tall so slightly taller than the pawns. BM420 did a kitbash of a few refs for an original model

Apparel:

FRK360 Body Armor and SAG War belt
Description: Part of SAG uniform. Yet to do their helmet, handed it over to Fiendakko, didn't realize I lost my original EXFIL files which is a pain in the butt

Weapons:

Glock 19
Description: The UCIA service pistol, will be carried by agents in caravans.

M2HB, Mk19, XM214 Microgun
Description: To be carried by Guardian GI Drones

Food:

MREs
Description: Re-purposed from Spec Ops The Line WIP mod, will just keep the old "US Army" MREs separate to our new United Commonwealth/NATCO MREs for when their respective faction comes later.

Snackers
Description: Nut and caramel filled chocolate bar. Carried by some of the Bad Company troops. Will give a mood buff. I was on the fence about adding this, because I have prepped a few knick knacks for the faction, but we'll see how you guys respond if you wanna give your thoughts on having more knick knacks.

Drugs:

Dubweiser:
Beer. Can't have an all-American dad faction without it.

Westboro Cigarettes
Description: Smokeleaf based cigarettes, same as the others. Couldn't think of a better parody name for "Marlboro" so here we are.

Bad Company to-do:
Preview.png
Tactical Cap
Headset
EXFIL LTP Helmet
(Helmet TBD)
Shemagh Scarf
Polo Shirt
SAG Uniform
M60-E6
XM214 Microgun retexture
Guardian G.I. Drone Textures
G.I. Drone Textures
all .xml coding

XOF To-do
- All apparel textures
- All weapon textures
- Sahelantrophus textures
- Skull unit textures
- Skull unit coding
- Quiet's abilities coding (same as skulls)

MSF & XOF
- Quest bug still pending fixes when factions dont exist

Deadpool To-do
- To be released before Deadpool 3 movie release
- Domino outfit (tbd)
- Psylocke set (tbd)
- Elektra set (tbd)
- Silver Sable pistol
- All .xml coding

ZomDoc

More red horse knick knacks is always a treat to me.

Skynert

More snacks = more democracy per hour. Of course we like them. And G.I Drones.

Chicken Plucker

Mod updates:

Rimmu-Nation 2 - Weapons
- Launchers rebalanced, damages and armor penetration nerfed across all launchers
NOTE: All nerfs are for the 1.5 version only

Credits: Samael Gray

Rimmu-Nation 2 Security
- BGM-71 TOW damage nerf from 300 to 150. Armor pen nerf from 4 to 2
- SAM turret damage nerf from 175 to 125

Faction - Utilitarian
- Deleted Task Force 141 MREs recipe patch since it doesn't belong to this mod

Faction - Gruppa Krovi
- Nerfed armor penetration of Tesla Drone and Plasma Drone
- KV-2 cooldown for Kroha launcher and DShK increased
- Reduced armor pen for howitzer shell
- Nerfed RPG-7V2 damage from 100 to 90

Faction - Militaires Sans Frontieres
- ZEKE Railgun damage nerfed from 350 to 200. Armor pen nerfed from 4 to 2.
- Peace launcher and Zeke's launcher damage and armor pen nerfed for their respective missiles
- Cooldown increased for peace clusters, frag clusters and Zeke railgun
- Explosion delay slightly increased for peace clusters and frag clusters
- MSF Railgun damage and armor pen nerf
- MSF Rations patch fixes so they can be cookable

Storyteller: Paz Peaceful
- Rounded off Paz' cheek texture on her left since it was too angular. All previews and images re-exported to reflect changes

Plans for [RH2] Faction - Bounty Hunters

Hunter Pistol (DOOM 3 Pistol) (WIP)

Super Shotgun V3 (DOOM 3 Super Shotgun)

Planning on nerfing the faction by letting the low tier bounty hunter pawns spawn with these weapons. I get complaints all the time about these guys raiding tribals and naked start players so I'll increase combat power and add these guns. I'll also make the low tier pawns not spawn with a shield.

Will likely push the update sometime next week, it will break CE Compatibility however.

So far this Sunday, no other progress for factions are out, but the good news is I found the original Praetor Suit files so I can make the Mk2 version when I return to DOOM. I gave up on the old UAC stuff I was doing since the armors were very complex and I'm busier than I used to, so I'm outsourcing their textures as well. As for the guns? I'll redo the vectorized ones later because I don't like the quality of those now, and I'll finish the DOOM mod once we've completed a few factions from the old RH1 collection.

Then we'll finish it all off and have good old Umbra Company and War Mongrels back like the old days, add more stuff to VOID and then think about new projects and move on from the old completely.

Quote from: ZomDoc on April 27, 2024, 09:50:44 PMMore red horse knick knacks is always a treat to me.

Good to hear bro, thanks. Snackers are here to stay

Quote from: Skynert on April 28, 2024, 03:31:00 AMMore snacks = more democracy per hour. Of course we like them. And G.I Drones.

Yeah aiming to get Bad Company next week but progress has been slow for everyone. I think the team is still burned out from rushing Gruppa Krovi and all the work we did with MSF. I'm hoping by Wednesday all commissioned textures are ready, and then the rest is down to me

Mod updates:

Faction - Militaires Sans Frontieres
- MSF Railgun no longer overhead (Basically the rail charge won't disappear in mountains and ignore drop shields now)
- MSF battle dress added to traderkinds in base

Notes: forgot to fix this one, my bad.

williamb1995

"Then we'll finish it all off and have good old Umbra Company and War Mongrels back like the old days"

so good, I'm so excited

Chicken Plucker

Progress Report: Bad Company

Finally finished the preview. Was dreading it won't look good or up to par with other previews, as I usually do.. Then I finished and thought it looked a bit overkill. Someone made a joke about it being AI generated. Glad to see I still got it on these previews  8)

G.I. Drone
Done by BlackMarket420, he did a great job. Again, 7ft tall robots with heavy equipment so the boys don't have to carry it, that way they can carry more Snackers n' Beer

M60-E6
Weapon of choice for the G.I. Drones. There will be no machine gunners for Bad Company, the job will be for drones. Done by TMC, did a great job as he always does.

Guardian G.I. Drone
Currently unfinished but BM420 did a great job on these. I love its appearance, it looks like a robot gym rat

M2HB Machine Gun, Mk19 Launcher, XM214
Carried by Guardian G.I. Drones as they are on the heavy support role. The faction is lacking on anti-tank but I think it's perfect for their more specialized role compared to Gruppa Krovi. They are better when it comes to small scale, covert sneaky beaky operations while Gruppa Krovi is just a pretend PMC that acts as an army for the Soviet Federation. Ultimately in the battlefield, it's likely Bad Company would lose a head-to-head contact if GK had their tank walkers.

CDX 50 TREMOR
Bolt action AMR to be given to Bad Company marksmen alongside the G3 DMR. Thought it was necessary. It's also an old rifle from Rimmu-Nation - Weapons back in RH1, so welcome back to an old friend I suppose

XOF Progress

Not a lot progress on XOF, Fiendakko has shouldered all apparel as he has for 98% of RH2 Metal Gear mods so far. I've had a lot of revision requests to get colours and shapes right, it turns out there's a Ground Zeroes variant of an XOF unit, and a TPP variant. Two slightly unique looks apart from the games, which we will have.

TMC is doing Skull Face's attire, I asked for him to separate the shell and the onskin so this will take a little longer. It's unknown if he'll be able to do Quiet's outfit cause he's busy. He also did Paz' uniform on the MSF mod so I was hoping he'd have all the unique character stuff, if we can't then we'll have to compromise.

"20 years in the can, I wanted manicotte, instead I ate grilled cheese of the radiator." - Uncle Phil

When Bad Company is done I will give BM420 room to finish Skull parasite pawntypes and Sahelantrophus, which XOF will have.

[RH2] Rimmu-Nation 2 - Security plans

M2 Carl Gustav
Just an idea guys, a mannable M2 Carl Gustav turret? I won't overcomplicate it, and like the BGM-71 TOW it will fire a high armor penetration, long range explosive shell which will require no ammo crafting.

Would people like more additions like these? Give me your thoughts please. Don't know what else to add at the moment that won't require C#, besides another turret but I'm on the fence about a CIWS. Mainly due to its top down perspective.

Quote from: williamb1995 on April 29, 2024, 06:30:34 AM"Then we'll finish it all off and have good old Umbra Company and War Mongrels back like the old days"

so good, I'm so excited

Well these things take time bro, don't get too excited in case something happens and we get derailed  :'(

Skynert

Raider vehicles are sooner than later So I would like to see more M2 Carl Gustav like things. More guns mean more safety

Chicken Plucker

Touched up the shading and other things for the preview. Didn't feel right leaving it as it was.
(Forgot about the patches on the helmet as of this post, big oof, will sort later. May either add blood type or "SAG")

Worked on some new custom UI for this faction of course:

Mission UI

Guard Duty UI

Salary UI

Fortunately saved a ton of time re-using some old UI stuff, makes perfect sense for me to do so anyway.

Guardian GI textures:

Thoughts on giving these guys energy shielding? So troops can hide behind them in combat. It won't be much, just enough to stop the one RPG projectile or some other explosive. It will likely have the same amount of health as the soviet made Stalnoy Drones in Gruppa Krovi, while the G.I. Drones will be significantly quicker but have less HP than these heavy hitters

Weapons:

Onskin:

Re-used the template for the G2. Asking for a recolor with belts and the armor, had to ask BM420 to do the helmet because Fiendakko's computer bricked. Hopefully his PC is fine, besides the fact that it has unfinished XOF stuff in there. He did say he has the files saved but you never know if he accidentally sends his PC to some wonky tech support guy that ends up sending it in a worse state than last time

TO-DO:
- All .xml coding (Everything needs doing)
- Helmets (May have A and B, one for the SAG pawns and one for the regulars)
- Headgear textures, i.e. watch cap, baseball cap, headset, shemagh scarf, balaclavas, eye protection (x3) etc.
- Onskins: polo shirt, khakis
- Middle/shell: Suit

I also plan on getting started on Deadpool while we wait for XOF mod straight after Bad Company's release. I'm guessing XOF will be ready sometime by the end of the month, but if more stuff goes wrong like fiendakko's computer or some physical accident on myself, then we don't know when it can come out.

Quote from: Skynert on May 01, 2024, 04:24:15 AMRaider vehicles are sooner than later So I would like to see more M2 Carl Gustav like things. More guns mean more safety

Cheers bro, good to hear. No other comments about it not using ammo?

Chicken Plucker

This is Rocko Prince, the man who started Bad Company. I've based him off a certain someone you guys may recognize. I've amalgamated both the founder of Blackwater and Jocko and made a rather stoic, pragmatic and ultimately morally dubious individual who does this (Whatever Bad Company does) all in the name of Democracy, Liberty and Uncle Sam's cash.

Been wanting to do an animated series for RimWorld for a long time, you guys may know, so I've actually been planning a lot of lore and characters for RH2, excluding franchise related factions and characters (While those guys have their own story on why everything is meant to be connected) so I can avoid copyright stuff.

Not a lot of progress again today, had to hand over EXFIL LTP helmet to BM420 and he's begun on it.

We've decided to add UCIA's secret soldier program in Bad Company since it's not gonna make it in NATCO.

Hunter Reactive will return as a power armor, this time it will be colorable and fully tacticool looking, done by BM420. Asked him to finish it by Monday, hopefully Bad Company will be ready next week.

Bad Company pawntype concept: Hunter
Description:
UCIA's secret weapon. While the Soviets have their own "Juggernaut" super soldier program that uses a much safer genetic engineering system to create physically enhanced men and women, back in the UCA, The "Patriot Project" begun development during WWII. Initially meant for UC Troops, it never quite kicked off and was officially closed down during the Vietnam War when the first generation of serums killed more people than it successfully enhanced. When the second Cold War kicked off, the project was re-opened, but ultimately discarded in favour of mechanized drones in the support role, which is cheaper in the long run.

Bad Company Hunters are sent in to deal with jobs that nobody in their right mind would want to do, because dead bodies of the last guys who tried, suggest that perhaps it's time to call it quits. They will be equipped with experimental power armor, move with animal-like speed and shoot with high precision.

Also I don't know if we're keeping the name "Hunter". I'd call them "Raider" but that kinda belongs to the UCMC Raiders, so we'll stick to Hunter for now. Thinking maybe "Headhunter"? may sound cooler

Armor: Hunter Reactive armor set
Description:
An experimental power armor produced in the United Commonwealth of America.

Was intended for Marine Raiders in the UCMC, but was ultimately rejected in favour of allocating the military budget on drones. The argument was that human infantry are rapidly becoming obsolete as drone technology advances further and further. While soldiers get ill, injured or deal with psychological stresses, drones that can carry even higher firepower do not. Thus, the Hunter Reactive became one of the many products of Uncle Sam that got shelved.

Laws regarding the interstellar importing and exporting of American made armors are highly restricted, especially during the recent administration, causing the Hunter Reactive to become a collector's item, almost even a myth that many thought did not "really" exist.

Features include toxic resistance, high sharp and blunt protection, enhanced movespeed, more carrying capacity when worn, has HUD in the helmet assisting with aim
(If SOS2 is enabled, works in space)

These will be colorable, worn with wolf grey fatigues. So our Bad Company Headhunters (Yeah I may just use that instead) will wear them in light grey, while the leader may wear it in full black. The fatigues will stay the same colour throughout.

Implant: Patriot Mk II Serum
Description:
The Patriot Mk II serum is the second generation of its top secret predecessor that allows the user beyond peak human capabilities. Heightened senses, heightened immunity, heightened speed and reflexes and most of all, a body that is more resistant to damage.

The reason for it never seeing the light of day among UC troops is due to the government favouring drone production over investing more on infantry that may leave the service after their contract expires. The serum's predecessor was also secret due to the high mortality rate it had, recorded to have only worked on less than 10 soldiers since during the Vietnam War.

The Mk II is a less potent and powerful version of the Patriot Serum, but it is less likely to fail and kill the person it's being implanted on.

XOF Progress:

TMX is finishing up skullface's attire, asked for the coat to be colorable. I also requested for a reskin of Skullface's onskin so we can give it to the UCIA agents in Bad Company.

XOF helmet is looking better, this is the GZ version. The TPP version will be in all black.

As always guys, feedback would be great, would appreciate some but no pressure

ZomDoc

I really like your homemade lore and factions, so I'm all for the head-hunters. As for any series you start to make, I will always have a special place in my heart for your super serious dead frontier movie, plus the Void games script was well written and charming. It would be funny to see Rocko prince as sort of a mercenary version of President Ackerman from the red alert games.

Skynert

Ammo? I dont use CE. Keep name Hunter for armor