Left/Right Dominance

Started by CyberTao, March 27, 2015, 06:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyberTao

So yeah, I'm a random new noob. No idea if this was suggestioned/planned/denied/etc before, but I figure I'd try anyways.

Basically, people have left/right side dominance (left or right handed for example), was wondering if there was any intention of adding something like that into RimWorld. A right handed person would have greater stat losses for damage to his right arm for example, and a slightly greater penalty for damage to the dominant eye as well.

If there ever was a left/right handed system, there could also maybe be a system for equipping things to left or right hands? Possibility for Duel wielding certain weapons like a pistol and a club so that later on weapons like (2 handed) Charge rifles aren't the absolute must for non-melee units.

I dunno, I am a noob at this game, and way to fresh to really know what was suggested before. I just really wanted to ask about this.

b0rsuk

It's not just side dominance. You can be right-handed but left-legged. Or right-handed but left-eyed, like me.

CyberTao

Quote from: b0rsuk on March 27, 2015, 06:12:37 PM
It's not just side dominance. You can be right-handed but left-legged. Or right-handed but left-eyed, like me.
I did not know that honestly, sounds kinda neat in a way. Would be nice if it could be able to work to that extent.

The idea mainly came from when I caught myself thinking about which way they hold their guns while doing bionic eye implants, since that would be the eye they use for aiming down sights/etc. Doesn't work like that though, would be nice if long ranges were dependent on a certain eye for accuracy, but that is a kinda trivial sounding request.

Igabod

Quote from: CyberTao on March 27, 2015, 06:22:36 PM
Quote from: b0rsuk on March 27, 2015, 06:12:37 PM
I did not know that honestly, sounds kinda neat in a way. Would be nice if it could be able to work to that extent.

The idea mainly came from when I caught myself thinking about which way they hold their guns while doing bionic eye implants, since that would be the eye they use for aiming down sights/etc. Doesn't work like that though, would be nice if long ranges were dependent on a certain eye for accuracy, but that is a kinda trivial sounding request.

When it comes to aiming, it doesn't matter which eye is dominant if you use proper shooting techniques. A good marksman will keep both eyes open when aiming.

BetaSpectre

Right or left handed weapons apparel ETC would be too complicated. A good shooter is a good shooter left or right shouldn't affect anything.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

hector212121

If one eye is stronger than the other, that would mean that if you lost that eye, you'd be more impaired.