My Thoughts / Suggestions

Started by dahak777, September 01, 2016, 10:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dahak777

I will start by saying I am loving this game.

I'm on my 4th colony now after learning the basics of the game. These are some observations I think could help the game

If they have been mentioned before my apologies

1 - In the category menu at the top left, if you can enable it so that when you click on the number it will expand the menu as well as clicking on the arrow. As often times I end up scrolling the window when I go to click on the Arrow

2 - Some how prioratize the benches meaning that if a pawn is going to craft at the say woodcutter table and smelter
you could tell them to prioritize one over the other or in an ideal work say somehow split time between them
so you could say 60/40 or something like that

3 - Probably already suggested, but a way to build bridges?

4 - New zone to designate cleaning, instead of the whole home area?

Thanks for a great game

Serenity

Something really needs to be done with crafting priorities. With more content being added and mods adding things there isn't enough control and you're often required to force people do certain jobs manually. Especially when you don't have a dedicated crafter.

New zone to designate cleaning, instead of the whole home area?
There is a mod for that, but it needs CCL, so it's not yet available for A15:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=21818.msg236773#msg236773

BeastNips

In terms of crafting bench priorities I suggest looking at the system in Gnomoria. It has maple layers of priorities in order to fine tune who does what and when; it really is a beautiful system. It's quite longwinded to set up initially, but once set up it massively limits micro-management.