[Suspended] [WIP] (Alpha 12d) Project Haloverse (Updated 10.9.2015)

Started by CB elite, December 01, 2014, 07:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB elite

Confirmed lag problem today.

Was doing some texture work earlier today, and happened to notice that there are far more pixels in the art for the covenant pawns than in the normal human pawns/armors. I draw my sprites pretty large at first for accuracy's sake, and then I shrink them down to the size they are supposed to be, but I think I messed that up with the covenant pawns.

Hopefully, with less pixels to render, the game will run more smoothly. Will update when I'm done editing all of these .pngs...

Update:

.png files have been changed for next release. each file had 4x as many pixels than what was necessary. lag has been severely reduced in my experience play testing with about a hundred grunts/elites spawned shooting at each other.

zknight

I have a problem with the covenant. Some days into playing i get this lag spike and when i looked around the map and saw a bunch of grunts spawning and when i opened the debug the menu and deleted them they just kept on spawning.  :-\

[attachment deleted due to age]

CB elite

Quote from: zknight on July 24, 2015, 06:55:39 PM
I have a problem with the covenant. Some days into playing i get this lag spike and when i looked around the map and saw a bunch of grunts spawning and when i opened the debug the menu and deleted them they just kept on spawning.  :-\

Been facing these problems myself in my playthrough. I've been patching my mistakes as I go, and it's starting to run a lot smoother. Next release will have a bunch of bug fixes for the covenant faction. Would recommend playing without that faction's mod activated for the time being. Really sorry about that :(

Before next release, I will make sure to playtest a long-term colony instead of relying on the debugger (because obviously it didn't work that great this last time :-\ )

CB elite

Progress had been really slow these last couple of days, and the covenant faction is basically unplayable for people at the moment, so I wanted to do a kind of early-release or hotfix update to the mod today. I have play tested a colony without any other mods activated (i'm not sure about comparability with other mods at this moment), and everything is running smooth for me about a year into my colony.

This update/hotfix includes the following:
- Energy Shields
- Spartans have augmentations again, and also have superior gear/weapons
- Spartans have energy shields (very hard to break at the moment, investigating code to figure out why)
- Elite units added, wield plasma rifles. Will receive a visual change next patch.

Bugfixes:
- Grunts have age generation code
- Sprite scales have been decreased dramatically to reduce lag, canvas size edited appropriately to maintain proper in-game pawn sizes
- Misc game-breaking bugs

You can download it Here

I remember I said I was gonna have more content in the next release, but again, wanted the covenant faction mod to be playable again :(

Dragoon

Quote from: CB elite on July 27, 2015, 07:54:06 PM
-snip-
I have noticed red errors about missing weapons textures for the covenant and 10,000 for the energy shield isn't that a bit much? Oh and HURRAY!!

[attachment deleted due to age]
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

CB elite

Quote from: Dragoon on July 28, 2015, 07:02:41 PM
Quote from: CB elite on July 27, 2015, 07:54:06 PM
-snip-
I have noticed red errors about missing weapons textures for the covenant and 10,000 for the energy shield isn't that a bit much? Oh and HURRAY!!

Another missed thing ._.

So yeah, basically, you're going to need to activate the weapons mod, too, for now. I simply forgot to transfer some of the files from there to the standalone faction mods. Don't worry, enemies won't spawn with any weapons that they aren't supposed to :) This will also be fixed next patch. Activating the weapons mod should not affect any active colony saves/games.

Thanks for the feedback! :D

CB elite

ANNOYING BUG FIX: So, I've been doing a playthrough with my mod to make sure everything is still functioning right. One of my guys had their liver destroyed, and I went to give them a new liver but the game wasn't showing the operation option "install liver". If you are experiencing the same issue, here's how to fix it:

1. Open: mods/unsc/defs/bodydefs/haloverse_human
2. Change the BodyDef's <defName>Human</defName> to <defName>Haloverse_Human</defName>
3. Open: mods/unsc/thingdefs/races_humanoid
4. Change <body>Human</body> to <body>Haloverse_Human</body>

This should make operations function again, while I'm working on the next update.
If operations are working fine for you, disregard this message. Just wanted to make a post acknowledging the bug :)

Dragoon

Quote from: CB elite on August 03, 2015, 03:13:47 PM
ANNOYING BUG FIX: So, I've been doing a playthrough with my mod to make sure everything is still functioning right. One of my guys had their liver destroyed, and I went to give them a new liver but the game wasn't showing the operation option "install liver". If you are experiencing the same issue, here's how to fix it:

1. Open: mods/unsc/defs/bodydefs/haloverse_human
2. Change the BodyDef's <defName>Human</defName> to <defName>Haloverse_Human</defName>
3. Open: mods/unsc/thingdefs/races_humanoid
4. Change <body>Human</body> to <body>Haloverse_Human</body>

This should make operations function again, while I'm working on the next update.
If operations are working fine for you, disregard this message. Just wanted to make a post acknowledging the bug :)

This unfortunately did not work for me.
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

CB elite

Quote from: Dragoon on August 05, 2015, 03:40:51 AM
Quote from: CB elite on August 03, 2015, 03:13:47 PM
ANNOYING BUG FIX: <snip>

This unfortunately did not work for me.

Here, I'm going on a trip to San Diego with my girlfriend (last trip of the summer before school starts up again), and I won't be back for a few days. Soooooo, even though I have to be up in less than 5 hours, I love you so much that I've uploaded a fixed version that shouldn't affect save games  ;D After all, it is my fault that one of the best parts of the game was broken :(

You can download the fix here.

Here is proof that the attached version should work:

If, for some reason, you are still unable to use these medical procedures after downloading this version, I will do my best to assist you fix the issue. I love the medical/injury system in this game too much to let myself break it for someone else D:

P.S. If you're curious as to why my colony is set up all funny, it's because I am in the middle of a toxic fallout, and was going for a town-like feel... Fallout forced me to build walls around my houses, and pillars in random places to make my front yard into an indoor safe haven :/

Dragoon

Quote from: CB elite on August 05, 2015, 04:02:06 AM
-snip-

THANK YOU so much and have a good trip!
Also your toxic fallout base looks pretty cool.

It works fine for the ground however I must point out that for prepare carefully it's still only showing the brain operation it's a minor thing and we can wait for you after you come back  ;D

CB elite

Quote from: Dragoon on August 05, 2015, 04:47:41 AM
Quote from: CB elite on August 05, 2015, 04:02:06 AM
-snip-

THANK YOU so much and have a good trip!
Also your toxic fallout base looks pretty cool.

It works fine for the ground however I must point out that for prepare carefully it's still only showing the brain operation it's a minor thing and we can wait for you after you come back  ;D

Can confirm that prepare carefully's added body parts feature is screwy, still, which is lame.
I'll try to figure that one out when I get back, as I leave in less than 30 minutes from now :-\

See you guys soon! :)

Mr.Cross

Figured I'd let you know that out of the two maps that i've played and opened the Cryptosleep chambers, both times instead of mech's I get unarmed grunts. Not that i'm complaining as I like the easy kills. I figured it's a bug that should be squashed when ever you get around to it.
Quote from: CB elite on August 05, 2015, 04:02:06 AM-Snip-

I hope you have a good Vacation.
Claims to know most things.

shadowgod3211

hi um can you make events? like crash landings? or a flood attack or ship crash landings? (cargo,medical,weapons,people,etc) or any events that you can come up with? and also make it so people on guard duty (people who you tell to go into combat mode) to have no stress? or instead you capture forunner drones to use as guards? (that would be cool XD) and also have stun weapons? cause it would be nice to be able to stun your colonists if they go beresk or if you wanna capture the covenant (the bad ones) and hold them as prisoners or test subjects for
weapons,flood,firing range,etc (ik using covenants as test subjects is pretty messed up XD but hey it's not real life :P so it's ffffiiiinnnneeeee)

Mr.Cross

Quote from: shadowgod3211 on August 08, 2015, 12:19:55 AM-Snippet of what Shadowgod3211 said -

Alright, 1st off, Cbelite is currecntly on vacation so he will not be spending anytime currently to make improvements to this mod.
2nd This is just the very beginning of this mod, as such he only has some covenant weapons, UNSC weapons, Spartans, I believe it is ODST armour, some augmentations, a couple grunt variants, and supposedly some elites ( I say supposedly because I have not seen them yet.)
What he doesn't have is any forunner stuff (I could be wrong though) he only has the image of the flood done, not the thought process of the innards that actually make them appear.
He most likely will not take the stress out of those on duty, for the simple fact that stress is huge for those that are on duty.
I doubt he will add in any sort of stunning device, for the simple fact that I have not seen a single game/movie/book that mentions a stunning device.

And most importantly! You obviously are new to rimworld. As if you go to the general discussion, you will see a thread called human leather. That is in RL (it's donated of course.) but many people slaughter and cut up any raiders or useless colonists. Hell I'm one of the people if I get a wander join event at the beginning and he/she isn't useful they are slaughters and either butchered for money, or buried if I'm feeling nice.
So in other words, It's fine to do stuff like that. I hope you find this enlightening!
Claims to know most things.

Dragoon