[A12d] Tools for haul. Animal will help us! V1.5d 22-10-2015

Started by BBream, April 17, 2015, 06:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L.Max

is there any way to delete/destroy/deconstruct the vehicles? i made too many lol

BBream

Quote from: Turtle Dude on April 26, 2015, 09:54:19 PM
-snip

Ok, I have checked backpack's code. It will use less memory in next version.

Quote from: L.Max on April 27, 2015, 07:56:06 AM
is there any way to delete/destroy/deconstruct the vehicles? i made too many lol

No way. You should shoot and destroy it for now. I'll make way to deconstruct.

Adamiks

Quote from: L.Max on April 27, 2015, 07:56:06 AM

You can destroy them in developer mode. Or just shoot them.

Bug Report: Colonists put thing like wood in storage only for meds etc. and when they have knife and pistol in cargo and they go to armory to put pistol they also do not leave the knife. Result is that colonist with cargo walkin around.

Latta

Or a cargo can have its own filter like stockpiles do, so I can designate what to haul with this cargo e.g only bulk goods.

Turtle Dude

I wish I could be more help to find out why these memory leak spikes only happen with backpacks. All I can do at this point is give suggestions to maybe were the leak is from.

I have maybe another suggestion to possibly were the leak may be. if the backpacks aren't causing the leak could it be were they are equipped causes the leak?

BBream

Quote from: Adamiks on April 27, 2015, 09:25:35 AM
Bug Report: Colonists put thing like wood in storage only for meds etc. and when they have knife and pistol in cargo and they go to armory to put pistol they also do not leave the knife. Result is that colonist with cargo walkin around.

I can't find this bug. I'll keep watching this bug

BBream

Quote from: Canute on April 27, 2015, 11:30:53 AM
The pawn unload the things at the cargo at reverse order he pickup the stuff, that isn't realy a bug.
But when BBream can modify the hauling system, the pawn should priority on the stuff which he allready got loaded.

I would like to see an improvement at the command ability, currently when select the pawn i just could say priority hauling.
When i right click on something the pawn just haul that thing by itself and don't use the cargo. It would be nice when i right click on steel ore at example, there should be an option to haul all steel ore around.
Maybe a setting slider at the cargo how for he should look around before he should deliver the stuff.

Quote from: Latta on April 27, 2015, 11:43:25 AM
Or a cargo can have its own filter like stockpiles do, so I can designate what to haul with this cargo e.g only bulk goods.

Ok, Turtle Dude is right. It is necessary.
I have made tab for filtering. Now cargo is used for hauling just filtered item.

BBream

Quote from: Turtle Dude on April 27, 2015, 12:34:43 PM
I wish I could be more help to find out why these memory leak spikes only happen with backpacks. All I can do at this point is give suggestions to maybe were the leak is from.

I have maybe another suggestion to possibly were the leak may be. if the backpacks aren't causing the leak could it be were they are equipped causes the leak?

It is too much optimization. If you don't have serious problem with memory leak, then you can skip it. This is not olympic programming. I know you are one of great testers but I think we are ready to enjoy game.

Turtle Dude

Quote from: BBream on April 27, 2015, 11:32:12 PM
It is too much optimization. If you don't have serious problem with memory leak, then you can skip it. This is not olympic programming. I know you are one of great testers but I think we are ready to enjoy game.

What ever you did with the last update severally limited the leak, It will barely go up by 200kb after 4 seconds so wit the update the leak is almost completely stomped out.

BBream

Turtle Dude

Quote from: BBream on April 28, 2015, 12:15:32 AM
Quote from: Turtle Dude on April 27, 2015, 11:49:26 PM
-snip

I was wrong we are ready. Ok, I'll add debug code and check whether it has memory leak.

Updated my last post a little late, but It seems the last update severally limited the leak I'm only roughly 200kb 4/s leak so the update did extremely well with optimizing and stopping a lot of the issues that I did have, but it's still there and it does keep leaking even while paused. In all the last update made a massive improvement that lets me play for longer periods of time.

It's to a point that if I don't check back almost every 10 minutes i wont notice the memory going up slightly

I don't know why maybe the Stockpile list maybe be a bad thing now, they seem to use the Cargo very little for my colony is this happening for you? (They don't seem to want to use backpack space as well you have to manually make them pickup items and drop them)

BBream

Quote from: Turtle Dude on April 28, 2015, 12:43:41 AM
Quote from: BBream on April 28, 2015, 12:15:32 AM
Quote from: Turtle Dude on April 27, 2015, 11:49:26 PM
-snip

I was wrong we are ready. Ok, I'll add debug code and check whether it has memory leak.

Updated my last post a little late, but It seems the last update severally limited the leak I'm only roughly 200kb 4/s leak so the update did extremely well with optimizing and stopping a lot of the issues that I did have, but it's still there and it does keep leaking even while paused. In all the last update made a massive improvement that lets me play for longer periods of time.

It's to a point that if I don't check back almost every 10 minutes i wont notice the memory going up slightly

I don't know why maybe the Stockpile list maybe be a bad thing now, they seem to use the Cargo very little for my colony is this happening for you? (They don't seem to want to use backpack space as well you have to manually make them pickup items and drop them)

Yes, it has leak. I put debug function in backpack gizmo. Backpack gizmo request a lot of memory while it is opening. This show memory usage in every function call and it is collected every cycle. I'll find how I could use less memory.

Killaim

is there a way to change the priority of how the carts / cargo picks what to gather?

because my suggestion would be for a cargo hauler to look only at a stockpile then gather all items for that type of stock pile

then when its done pick a new stockpile and gather all those items

then atleast the cargos wont skip back and forth between stockpiles with random items picked up and get confused maybe with dropping wrong items?

though this would require picking priority on the stockpiles instead of items priority.

Turtle Dude

Quote from: Killaim on April 28, 2015, 01:46:48 AM

There possible is a way if you can bind a Cargo to the stockpile, but making them look at any given one may be delving a bit to deep into the code, because I think that would need his own custom code to do that.

thefinn

I have a CTD issue. I am not good at reading the error logs but I did post in Edb's threads as his mod seems to come up a lot in there.

He suggested I should also post here as he thinks it's some kind of interaction between this mod and his.

This happens somewhere mid-game - not early game - and because it CTD's straight away I cannot tell if it relates to a particular job or not.

[attachment deleted due to age]