[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PixelBitZombie

Quote from: sidfu on August 16, 2017, 12:27:52 PM
its caused by alien framework. mod seems to work fine thou only issue i had is that that error seems to cause bbabies to have hair. other than that everything seems to work fine

I don't have Alien Framework though, nothing at all to do with races actually.
It would seem I might have it if Mechanoids have Alien Framework.

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 16, 2017, 06:26:43 PM
For what it's worth. I had a similar problem once in one of my WIP mods (using an old version of the humanoid alien framework.

"Solved it" by putting the vanilla head texture in the right location in my own mod folder

Same as above I'm not running anything race related or something that would use Alien Framework.

as reference these are what I'm running. if for whatever reason one or multiple of these use Alien Framework than I'm sorry, I've never noticed it.

<activeMods>
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>HugsLib</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Core</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_MAI</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Robots</li>
    <li>Robots_PlusPlus_Misc_Robots_Xtension</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_TrainingFacility</li>
    <li>JecsTools-1.0.4.13</li>
    <li>Rimworld_ModSyncNinja</li>
    <li>Mod List Backup</li>
    <li>Allow Tool</li>
    <li>FuckFriendlyFire</li>
    <li>RF - Basic Bridges</li>
    <li>RF - Concrete</li>
    <li>RF - Fertile Fields</li>
    <li>Advanced Power Generation</li>
    <li>sd_goodnight</li>
    <li>sd_roundtable</li>
    <li>T-MoreFloors</li>
    <li>More Joy</li>
    <li>Allow Dead Man's Apparel</li>
    <li>Animal Husbandry Raids A17</li>
    <li>Blueprints</li>
    <li>Bulk Medicine</li>
    <li>Camera+</li>
    <li>Ceiling and Floor Lights</li>
    <li>Colonist Bar + PSI</li>
    <li>Colony Leadership</li>
    <li>DeathRattle</li>
    <li>DisableVanillaMusic</li>
    <li>Extended Human Body Simulation v1.0.0</li>
    <li>Diseases overhauled v1.1.0</li>
    <li>Crafted Mutants v1.0.0</li>
    <li>DESurgeries</li>
    <li>Dubs Hygiene and Central Heating</li>
    <li>EconomicStability</li>
    <li>EcoSmart</li>
    <li>EdBPrepareCarefully</li>
    <li>Efficient Light</li>
    <li>Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.0</li>
    <li>EPOERebalanced-1.2</li>
    <li>ExpandedRoofing-master</li>
    <li>Fences &amp; Floors</li>
    <li>TechAdvancing</li>
    <li>Glittertech</li>
    <li>Greyer Morals</li>
    <li>Hand Me That Brick</li>
    <li>Harrowed Light</li>
    <li>Harveest Everything</li>
    <li>Help Tab</li>
    <li>Hospitality</li>
    <li>Inspiration</li>
    <li>LockableDoors</li>
    <li>Doormat</li>
    <li>Mechanoid Ship Extension</li>
    <li>Mass Cooking</li>
    <li>Mastubation</li>
    <li>Mechanoid Tech</li>
    <li>MechanoidsExtraordinaire</li>
    <li>Medical Tab</li>
    <li>megafauna</li>
    <li>Mines-17-8-13</li>
    <li>Miniaturisation</li>
    <li>More Furniture</li>
    <li>More Trade Ships</li>
    <li>More Vanilla Turrets</li>
    <li>MT - Everyone Hauls</li>
    <li>MT - Starting Tech</li>
    <li>Notifications</li>
    <li>Numbers</li>
    <li>patch_goodnight +more furniture</li>
    <li>PathAvoid</li>
    <li>PPT-17.00</li>
    <li>PriorityTreatment A17</li>
    <li>Prisoner Harvesting</li>
    <li>Psychology</li>
    <li>QOLTweaksPack-1.0.2</li>
    <li>Quality Builder</li>
    <li>Quality Surgeon</li>
    <li>Realistic Darkness (Lighter)</li>
    <li>Realistic Rooms</li>
    <li>Reasonable Moods &amp; Needs</li>
    <li>RedistHeat_v47a</li>
    <li>Refugee Stats</li>
    <li>Research Pal</li>
    <li>Rimsenal</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_Security</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_Hair</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_Feral</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_Federation</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_Vanilla</li>
    <li>RT_Fuse-A17-1.0.7</li>
    <li>RT_SolarFlareShield-A17-1.2.1</li>
    <li>RuntimeGC</li>
    <li>SaveStorageSettings</li>
    <li>SimpleSidearms-1.1.1</li>
    <li>[SS]BiggerBatteries A17</li>
    <li>[SS]BiggerFuses A17</li>
    <li>DamageIndicators-master</li>
    <li>StackMerger</li>
    <li>Stack XXL</li>
    <li>BirdsAndBees</li>
    <li>Vanilla-Friendly-Weapon-Expansion-2.2.1</li>
    <li>WaterPower [Basic Bridges Compatible]</li>
    <li>Wild West Guns</li>
    <li>More Steel 150x Slag</li>
    <li>Wildlife Tab</li>
    <li>Vegetable Garden 5.4</li>
    <li>VergeOfGalaxy16.0</li>
    <li>TrapsPlus</li>
    <li>CombatExtended</li>
    <li>Marine Corps Kit</li>
    <li>WW1 WeaponsPack v0.8</li>
    <li>ChildrenAndPregnancy-master</li>
    <li>Canivale</li>
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

LiteEmUp

so i'm wondering what's the current progress of the mod?? just checked the github page and its been ~20 days since the mod was last updated lol..

So i just got my first baby now a toddler.. lol i had to create an a zoned area he can wander around so he don't get himself into trouble.. my impressions so far, i don't have a kid so i don't exactly know how babies/toddlers behave :p, toddlers crawling around is ok but them being able to eat by themselves seems unrealistc just like real life and seems immersion breaking lol.. i don't know if its possible to code, so that they can crawl around, but still needs to be fed..

also a suggestion: clothing that is only specific for babies/toddlers/children.. its for temperature comfortability and for immersiveness lol..

also i don't know if its a bug or not:

in that photo:i didn't realized since on prepare carefully i had lord vader a hidden lover.. and didn't realized it has the same name as the newborn baby.. and also the baby girl doesn't have the same last name as father/mother... bug??

another suggestion: ability to name a baby.. i know you can edit the nickname anytime, but i'm not sure if its possible to mod or edit the name???

tyriaelsoban

Baby pours itself a bath and ... well, you cant really see it, despite the general lack of manipulation skills and well the fact that it also cant dispense itself a paste meal, but it can run a bath  ;D
It works and its funny to watch mods interact with eachother.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

LiteEmUp

Quote from: tyriaelsoban on August 18, 2017, 12:11:17 AM
Baby pours itself a bath and ... well, you cant really see it, despite the general lack of manipulation skills and well the fact that it also cant dispense itself a paste meal, but it can run a bath  ;D
It works and its funny to watch mods interact with eachother.
lol i noticed it too... toddlers can't do jobs, yet can flush toilet, wash in basins, or even use the bathtubs.. kinda immersion breaking, but still works lol..

PixelBitZombie

Just imagine them as smart little humans who only care about cleaning.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

tyriaelsoban

Did you reroute the breaks for babies, or is that pending?
I pushed a baby on purpose to see weather it would "tantrum" or not, it started headbutting a grown man again... ::)

Quote from: PixelBitZombie on August 18, 2017, 03:24:50 AM
Just imagine them as smart little humans who only care about cleaning.
its three seasons, he cant even clean :P
Though, ill note that he was able, despite the lack of skills to go to the lab and start research on tiberium power ... i was quite surprised to find a 2 season old baby sitting infront of a tiberium research console.

Thirite

Updated to v0.3i
- Merged pull request from jacobEAdamson
(various small bug fixes and general code improvements)

Sorry for not being as active lately guys. While I haven't responded to all the posts in the thread I have read your reported issues and feedback. Remember to check the issue tracker on github if you're unsure if the current state of the development/plans of the mod.
https://github.com/thirite/ChildrenAndPregnancy/issues

TastyCookies

Quote from: pardeike on August 16, 2017, 06:47:24 PM
Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 16, 2017, 06:26:43 PM
For what it's worth. I had a similar problem once in one of my WIP mods (using an old version of the humanoid alien framework.

"Solved it" by putting the vanilla head texture in the right location in my own mod folder
The headless problem here is a bit different. Has nothing to do with the texture at all. It's a misguided check in this mod that looks for the lifestage index of each pawn. Then if its less than 2 it assumes babies and the head is not rendered somehow. Problem is, mods like Zombieland and such have pawns with only two life stages and the index is 1. That does not automatically mean baby and such the head problem is triggered.

No easy way around this since life stages are actually meant to be only 0, 1 for normal human like pawns and higher stages only make sense for animals that actually change shape with different ages in vanilla.

Would having the mod only check the lifestage index on pawns that only have the human race tag on it fix the issues with other pawns such as zombies and MAIs?

Thanks for the update Thrite, really glad you're working on one of the most sophisticated mods out there. I looked at the issue on github and I was wondering if that also applies to every other non human pawn?

Thirite

I believe it would, yeah. It won't be a difficult fix but currently I'm out of town with only my phone.

Kirid

I'm having compatability issues.
Something between Medieval World, Apparello, and This do not get along.
Any 2 of those mods work together, but having all 3 causes a crash upon world generation.
There could be another mod interfering, but after disabling this, no more crashes.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

LiteEmUp

Quote from: Kirid on August 19, 2017, 04:54:48 AM
Any 2 of those mods work together, but having all 3 causes a crash upon world generation.
There could be another mod interfering, but after disabling this, no more crashes.

i have this and apparello and i got no crashes... likely medieval world or another one.... and i do have medieval times mod, but also not crashing.. i hope this helps you

PM_ME_NAKED_SINGULARITIES

Quote from: Thirite on August 18, 2017, 04:47:53 PM
I believe it would, yeah. It won't be a difficult fix but currently I'm out of town with only my phone.

This is an amazing mod that adds a feature I'd argue is so essential it should be in the base game. I hope you can keep updating this mod in the future. Unfortunately I have found that this mod is very incompatible with mods that add any types of apparel (ex: Medieval times, apparello 2, etc). Its to be expected , since you have listed this mod as unstable.  The error is listed as trying to get a resource from a different thread than the core thread. It appears to be an error when trying to render clothes from mods on the children pawns. Would it be possible to make Children and pregnancy compatible with these mods or will the individual mod authors or a third party need to create patches?

LiteEmUp

so im not sure if this is intended as designed or some unlucky bug??
-- my 2 babies currently would sleep.. and when rest reaches around 15% left, they would wake up and do "baby" stuff like wander areas they are allowed/bathroombreaks/eat food.. i have both babies set to sleep 22 hrs per day and only awake for 2 hrs..

-- this would just repeat, to the point they become either tired or very tired.. didn't came to the point both babies became exhausted.. but it lowered both babies' morales to the point of a mental break... both babies' morales went down coz of relatives dying from an enemy raid...

-- i noticed that both babies' joys are empty coz i removed their access to my living room... so when i allowed them back in, their joy meter got filled.. and both babies finally rested to full and everything went back to normal...

-- so not sure if this was just a minor bug or WAD of game... here is my output log in case: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/ebf5f76a0a371e8560307cf4d1b24f5e#file-output_log-txt

also i've heard alien frameworks is about to get updated in a few days.. so it looks like alot of mods are about to get broken lol..

Kirid

Quote from: LiteEmUp on August 19, 2017, 05:01:36 AM
Quote from: Kirid on August 19, 2017, 04:54:48 AM

i have this and apparello and i got no crashes... likely medieval world or another one.... and i do have medieval times mod, but also not crashing.. i hope this helps you

Missing the point. Like I said, any of the 2 will work fine, but all 3 together causes crash.
I think it has something to do with factions & pawns.
Medieval Times is a totally different mod, so no issues there.
99% of mods can be used together without conflict, so hoping this one can be solved. I don't like having to choose mods over another.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

jpnm92

Psychology mod frontpage says this mod is not compatible with it. Is it really not? I want this mod pretty bad but Psychology mod became a must for me, i can't play without it anymore.