[MOD] (Alpha 7) Synthmeat

Started by Psyckosama, March 04, 2014, 05:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DracoGriffin

Who says colonists can't enjoy meaty tofu?
Current Mods (A-Z):
AnimuHair, EdBInterface, Extended Stoneworking, FastFloors, Immersive Pack, kilroy Turret Pack, Modular Tables, MoreHair, MoreHydroponics, PowerSwitch, RecipeNurse, skullywag Pack, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Synthmeat, T-Mod Pack

Psyckosama

Quote from: SacoMato on October 13, 2014, 08:52:32 PM
Quote from: errorship on October 02, 2014, 11:49:22 PM
Hey, thanks for making this mod. I was having issues with getting my Cook to actually make Synthmeat though. I figured by looking at the code that you need at least a Research of 5 and was wondering if you could update the in-game text to let us know that research is needed as well.

Thanks. Been a harsh last couple weeks. Need to do some massive updates on all my mods in the next few days. This is one of them.

You can change the work type at ...\Synthmeat\Defs\WorkGiverDefs\Workgivers_Synthmeat.xml

Line 7
change <workType>Cooking</workType> to <workType>Research</workType>

Hancake

I don't know if I'm just being an idiot but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to download this. It says 'see attachment' but I can't find an attachment anywhere?

harpo99999

Quote from: Hancake on October 26, 2014, 01:36:00 PM
I don't know if I'm just being an idiot but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to download this. It says 'see attachment' but I can't find an attachment anywhere?
at the bottom of the first (or original) post (when logged in to the forum) is the attachments for a picture (jpg) and the mod in a zip

Pear

Encountered a few issues with how synthmeat is handled. Firstly, it's considered a vegetable, not a meat, so you're wasting vegetables by producing less of the same resource. It's even worse with the second issue of making synthmeat out of synthmeat, as it's considered a vegetable, and a valid crafting component of the whole process, and is, by default, enabled.

MisterLock

Quote from: Pear on October 26, 2014, 04:18:18 PM
Encountered a few issues with how synthmeat is handled. Firstly, it's considered a vegetable, not a meat, so you're wasting vegetables by producing less of the same resource. It's even worse with the second issue of making synthmeat out of synthmeat, as it's considered a vegetable, and a valid crafting component of the whole process, and is, by default, enabled.

That's a easy manual fix.Go back 1 page in this thread and search for the exact line that needs to be edited...I don't remember it off the top of my head since I download the mod as my first mod for alpha 7 and have edited then.Didn't edit it since So i'm rusty...Hope this helped
To each his own.

harpo99999

Quote from: harpo99999 on October 04, 2014, 08:22:35 AM
I also had this issue, BUT, I edited the 'ResourceSynthmeat.xml' and changed the 45th lin to read
      <li>MeatRaw</li>
and now synthmeat is stored in the meat area and not the vegitarian area, and making this change does not seem to require a change of game, so could work in existing  games

Minus

Quote from: MisterLock on October 26, 2014, 04:22:34 PM
That's a easy manual fix.Go back 1 page in this thread and search for the exact line that needs to be edited...I don't remember it off the top of my head since I download the mod as my first mod for alpha 7 and have edited then.Didn't edit it since So i'm rusty...Hope this helped
It shouldn't have to be a manual fix though. The old version of this mod needs to be removed from this page so that people don't keep downloading it.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

Turtle Medic

Updated this to Alpha 8, uses the medicine skill though, only because it's hard to level, unless you beat your prisoners.
Just a heads up, you need at least 5 medicine skill to make Sythmeat.

Edit: Fixed work priority starvation problem

[attachment deleted due to age]

Ruin

Nice job.  I really missed this mod in A8.  Although, I have to admit, the hides from hunting are awfully useful now.

elStrages

This is pritty cool, quorn in rimworld lol
Quote from: Turtle Medic on December 20, 2014, 07:39:11 PM
Updated this to Alpha 8, uses the medicine skill though, only because it's hard to level, unless you beat your prisoners.
You should update the main post to say alpha 8 so people know

harpo99999

Quote from: elStrages on December 21, 2014, 02:56:56 AM
BUT turtlemedic is NOT the original poster of the thread , so he CAN NOT ALTER THE OP

elStrages

Quote from: harpo99999 on December 21, 2014, 06:38:18 AM
Quote from: elStrages on December 21, 2014, 02:56:56 AM
BUT turtlemedic is NOT the original poster of the thread , so he CAN NOT ALTER THE OP
seen, I'm not sure the caps were necessary though

Psyckosama

Had a hell of a last couple months and I'm sick, but I'm back. I'm going to be working on my mods again. At least the ones that don't need DLLs. The DLL mods depend on if Haplo will forgive me for falling off the map.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Psyckosama on February 26, 2015, 07:27:15 PM
Had a hell of a last couple months and I'm sick, but I'm back. I'm going to be working on my mods again. At least the ones that don't need DLLs. The DLL mods depend on if Haplo will forgive me for falling off the map.

I read that as "Had some synthmeat last month and got sick." Was slightly disappointed after rereading.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here