[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

rsprated0202

Hey there, just here to say how wonderful your mods is. Great work!!  :D

During the time I was playing, I was using the John Wick hair style and trying to fit in the role during my play-through. I come up with a few scrappy ideas in my mind and wanted to share but dunno if it is possible to code it out or even reasonable.

1. John Wick's Arsenal (Weapons that John Wick uses and a few furniture like the chest that he buried under his basement.)
2. The Continental Faction. (Which allows you to hire assassins and killers as a reinforcement or maybe recruit one of them)
3. Calling help form the Continental Faction e.g. Medical help, Corpse cleaner, Weapon trader. Instead of using silver, maybe gold? (Or maybe add a new currency like 10K silver for 1 Gold Coin which might be a new resource or item.)
4. A scenario of being one of Continental Faction with rules that pawns can't harm each other in the home zone. Ultimately building a Continental Hotel where assassins and killers around the Rim may rest in.(Hospitality mod might be needed, you may earn gold or gold coins if guests uses your services e.g. recreation, medic care, training facilities, food. While guests will be consider guilt or enemies if they started a fight or killing someone within your home zone.)
5. Faction Leader Assassination missions or maybe just a specific pawn assassination missions. (Your colonist may leave the map once the target is dead, instead of eliminating the whole camp.)

Sorry for the bad English, since it wasn't my first language. Please ignore me if the ideas above doesn't fit your style. :-X But still I really love your mods and looking forward for more updates. :D

Madman666

All the ideas you gave are potentially possible, c# is a very flexible programming language. But CP doesn't have the coder to do it for him free of charge and comissions aren't exactly cheap. So for now we ll have to do with his glorious art. Later we might be able to use Mission Framework, made by Telefonmast to make simple missions, if CP doesn't mind the dependency that is.

Chicken Plucker

CQC Training with MSF soldiers

Hello all pardon the silence and lack of updates. Past few days have been rough for me mentally, I miss college. The break from routine, waking up in the morning, parade, PT, being told when to eat and shower and getting beasted. I miss it all, because now I'm back to just doing what I want and being unable to control myself being all lazy and crap. I'd say it's been more draining for me being idle than having physical things to do.

I got another deferral from the British Army, they haven't read my doctor's letter properly and they say see ya later, you can't join cause of my skin condition that's not even active. I set up an appointment with a doctor but since its X-Mas it hasn't been sorted out and they want me to come set up another appointment at January to get this all over with.

With all this I've taken a break with modding, its been slow progress. Jecrell responded to me with my commission requests, he's pretty much just told me not to bother him till holidays are over. Ouch, but I understand.

I will reply to some posts.

Quote from: rsprated0202 on December 24, 2018, 07:08:04 AM
Hey there, just here to say how wonderful your mods is. Great work!!  :D

During the time I was playing, I was using the John Wick hair style and trying to fit in the role during my play-through. I come up with a few scrappy ideas in my mind and wanted to share but dunno if it is possible to code it out or even reasonable.

1. John Wick's Arsenal (Weapons that John Wick uses and a few furniture like the chest that he buried under his basement.)
2. The Continental Faction. (Which allows you to hire assassins and killers as a reinforcement or maybe recruit one of them)
3. Calling help form the Continental Faction e.g. Medical help, Corpse cleaner, Weapon trader. Instead of using silver, maybe gold? (Or maybe add a new currency like 10K silver for 1 Gold Coin which might be a new resource or item.)
4. A scenario of being one of Continental Faction with rules that pawns can't harm each other in the home zone. Ultimately building a Continental Hotel where assassins and killers around the Rim may rest in.(Hospitality mod might be needed, you may earn gold or gold coins if guests uses your services e.g. recreation, medic care, training facilities, food. While guests will be consider guilt or enemies if they started a fight or killing someone within your home zone.)
5. Faction Leader Assassination missions or maybe just a specific pawn assassination missions. (Your colonist may leave the map once the target is dead, instead of eliminating the whole camp.)

Sorry for the bad English, since it wasn't my first language. Please ignore me if the ideas above doesn't fit your style. :-X But still I really love your mods and looking forward for more updates. :D

It's a nice thought alright and sounds fun actually. Though Rimmu-Nation Weapons does have his weapons! The combat master glock, then there's the KSG and even the semi auto AR-15. Just not accurately what the film has or looks like obviously, and the missing H&K pistol from the first film.

C# heavily reliant, as it is now pawns that do spawn for even what I intend to be special forces come out too thin looking or too fat, sometimes with 0 shooting skill and the worst backstories or traits. It's all frustrating. I'd imagine the continental would also have only 1 base, being the continental, and sadly their pawns with no body armors and just fancy suits will probably get wiped out by one pirate with a power armor or a monkey with a machine gun, because we can't make the assassins good at shooting without bothering Jecrell or someone else with C# help. If I was gonna poke someone with only a limited amount of requests, I'd probably prioritise helicopters and tanks in order to cover a broader amount of mods.

I like the thought you have, I always appreciate suggestions since parts of it can still be taken, so thank you!

Quote from: Madman666 on December 24, 2018, 12:42:13 PM
All the ideas you gave are potentially possible, c# is a very flexible programming language. But CP doesn't have the coder to do it for him free of charge and comissions aren't exactly cheap. So for now we ll have to do with his glorious art. Later we might be able to use Mission Framework, made by Telefonmast to make simple missions, if CP doesn't mind the dependency that is.

I've seen it! I do mind dependencies since I try to keep it simple without needing like 3 mods to rely on, but maybe there could be an extension mod or something that has the dependancies. For now my priority is some animations and my main mods updated

This week's goal

- Add all rifles and melee to rimmu-nation
- Metal Gear Solid short film (longest trailer so far I am making)
- John Wick trailer for rimmu-nation

I don't see it being accomplished this week, along with balancing motivation to run miles but we will see won't we?

Nomsayinbrah

Hey,

I just stumbled across your mods, and I just read your above post. I'm sorry to hear it man, hope everything will work out for you!
I just wanted to say that your mods look amazing, and are full on my type - military and all.

Keep up the good work! Hopefully you'll still be able to enjoy the holidays with what's going on and all...

Thank you for your work!

Chicken Plucker

Latest updates are available in the download links at the first post:

All AR style weapons finally bloody added. Just gotta finish Bullpups and the other rifles, the woody ones and then melee. Then the animations but let's pretend I don't need to make those

Updated:
Rimmu-Nation Weapons
Rimmu-Nation Clothing
Red Horse Furniture

- Maxi-Cola tweaks, nerfed it's sell price due to being exploitable by 100 per unit.
- Go-Juice related bugs fixed for Nuka-Cola
- Rimmu-Nation Weapons has all AR style weapons including Colt Canada rifles added
- "Military Supplies" changed to "Military Supplier" for less grammar issues. Clothing that was overpriced also now costs normal price, i.e. the Hunter Reactive.

Rimmu-Nation Weapons has been released on Steam now in it's current state, I guaranteed it to be out before the end of the year finished or not so here it is in it's almost-finishy form. If you wish to see all previews here it is:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1608498683

Please note not all weapons are actually shown in preview, some added and un-added ones aren't listed yet.

Just a note, I may have found a possible workaround to make weapons craftable without having to force them to need benches for the faction mods. A little thing with recipedefs. If I have bloody time which I never seem to have due to me being an expert time waster, I may sort this out and make more popular weapons accessible and craftable for players.

Quote from: Nomsayinbrah on December 29, 2018, 01:36:14 PM
Hey,

I just stumbled across your mods, and I just read your above post. I'm sorry to hear it man, hope everything will work out for you!
I just wanted to say that your mods look amazing, and are full on my type - military and all.

Keep up the good work! Hopefully you'll still be able to enjoy the holidays with what's going on and all...

Thank you for your work!

Thank you muh friend its always nice to hear encouragement, take care. I'll go rest and make sure 2019 is phresh and all things are made new.

I want nothing but the same for everyone here, so I hope whatever else anyone regrets doing in bloody 2018 is left behind here after today and we move on to some greater, tacticooler things. Cheers all! Clucking out.

nylem

Thanks for everything CP. Have a great new year and all the best.

Madman666

Happy New Years, CP! I hope you ll have much fun in coming year!

First, thank you for the update! I've been waiting to try this mod out since B18, but B18 didn't work for me at all somehow...

Second, are your weapons 'stuffed' in any way, i.e. can your weapons be built from different materials, or are their recipes fixed (so no PSG-1 made out of uranium, or something, only steel (?)). Because if they are, I might just have to skip this mod (at least for my current playthrough). I have a bunch of mods that add new materials, and I think my PC would kill itself it I tried to add another mod that adds something it would have to generate an unholy amount of new references for...

dninemfive

No, CP's weapons are not stuffed. I don't think any gun mods are atm.

Chicken Plucker

FN FNC label changed to "FN FNC" since it said "FN FAL"

Updated mods:
- Militaires Sans Frontieres
- Rimmu-Nation Weapons

Sorry guys minor hiccup, the FN FNC has been named "FN FAL" in the label and two mods were affected, this has been fixed today. First updates of 2019?! Happy New Year again, rop.

Quote from: nylem on December 31, 2018, 07:18:19 AM
Thanks for everything CP. Have a great new year and all the best.

Quote from: Madman666 on December 31, 2018, 08:01:52 AM
Happy New Years, CP! I hope you ll have much fun in coming year!

Happy new year guys, thank you. I wish you all the best too and Madman, I don't wish for fun, instead I wish for some victory and I hope for all of you too!

Quote from: 2.71828 on December 31, 2018, 11:41:47 AM
First, thank you for the update! I've been waiting to try this mod out since B18, but B18 didn't work for me at all somehow...

Second, are your weapons 'stuffed' in any way, i.e. can your weapons be built from different materials, or are their recipes fixed (so no PSG-1 made out of uranium, or something, only steel (?)). Because if they are, I might just have to skip this mod (at least for my current playthrough). I have a bunch of mods that add new materials, and I think my PC would kill itself it I tried to add another mod that adds something it would have to generate an unholy amount of new references for...

Any weapon mod that has firearms do not use stuffed system since it gets all glitchy I believe, the melee weapons do however.

I haven't added melee weapons for Rimmu-Nation Weapons yet, but I can't imagine that causing problems for your loading time since the game pretty much just generates color and stats for the melee weapons or whatever the heck is stuffed. I got this from having a TON of new resources that affects my stuffed clothing for Rimmu-Nation clothing, it can't be that bad.

Quote from: dninemfive on December 31, 2018, 02:40:03 PM

That's el correcto.

Still working on the MSF trailer, it was gonna be like a 10 minute short film but I'm cutting out so much to get it done! It's better to have it not-as-expected and fully finished than the thing not to come out at all so I am winging it. To any Metal Gear fans it follows the opening of Peace Walker, and I'm hoping to end it with the way Peace Walker ends all in parody fashion.

See you all tommorrow (today, haven't slept yet, as always.)

Quote from: dninemfive on December 31, 2018, 02:40:03 PM

Thanks for the info!

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on December 31, 2018, 11:52:14 PM
[...]
Quote from: 2.71828 on December 31, 2018, 11:41:47 AM

Any weapon mod that has firearms do not use stuffed system since it gets all glitchy I believe, the melee weapons do however.

I haven't added melee weapons for Rimmu-Nation Weapons yet, but I can't imagine that causing problems for your loading time since the game pretty much just generates color and stats for the melee weapons or whatever the heck is stuffed. I got this from having a TON of new resources that affects my stuffed clothing for Rimmu-Nation clothing, it can't be that bad.

[...]

See you all tommorrow (today, haven't slept yet, as always.)

Ah, good to know. I wasn't aware of that. I knew about the melee weapons, though.

Yeah, I guess I'll manage. It's just that my loading times are crap (~15–20 mins), and most of the time is spent 'resolving references' (or something), and I always thought that generating 'stuffed stuff' was a part of that. Since I use a lot of different mods that add new materials ('Expanded Woodworking' alone adds >10 different wood types, so most of the stuff that can be made out of wood now has >10 different versions, Rimefeller adds a ton of different plastics, etc.). That's why I thought that this could be the reason for my load times. I could get rid of some mods that add materials, of course, but whenever I add a mod and play with it for a bit, I kind of get attached to them...

Sleep tight.

Chicken Plucker

Pushed the MSF release on steam for 01/01/2019. Sadly didn't finish the animation yet, but at least it's out on a special day. With that, I would like to announce a new mod:

(Download link is in front page)

Youtube Demo

Sounds replaced:
Urgent Letter Good - MGS V codec sound effect
Urgent Letter Bad - MGS alert sound effect
Urgent Letter Bad Big - MGS Ground Zeroes "BWOOM" soundtrack
Death - MGS Continue screen gunshot

Known incompatabilities:
Any other mod that replaces incident sound effects may cause issues with this one

Credits to:
AtomicRavioli - Death sound effect patch coding
b o n e s - Metal Gear Alert, of which this mod was highly inspired by, except this time with some MGS V touches to it. (Wink wink, copyright strike pls b0s)
Hideo Kojima - Metal Gear Solid

Note: No sound effect from Metal Gear Alert was copied into this mod, this mod and Metal Gear Alert can feel distinguishable hence you can switch between the two to fit your preferences.

I am now going to might post the Metal Gear mods in the Finished section, hope you guys enjoy.

Me speak less words, me have bad day ouchie why 2019 feel like 2018 but different

Chicken Plucker

QuoteNew update is live. Apologies to those affected, but I messed up the Mosin Nagant's name in the defname, I've fixed it now but this may result in errors during your next loading, and Mosin Nagants disappearing due to the recent update unless youre a Rimmu-Nation user.

Also! After a request I've made a scenario that allows players to actually be MSF, faction logos and starting pawns being from the faction itself.

Mods updated:
Faction - Militaires Sans Frontieres
Metal Gear Solid - Incident Sounds

Haven't slept, college is back in a few days and I have neglected myself a lot. Hope you're all doing better, apologies for the mess up here, and hope you guys enjoy!

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on January 06, 2019, 08:50:01 AM
[...]

Haven't slept, college is back in a few days and I have neglected myself a lot. Hope you're all doing better, apologies for the mess up here, and hope you guys enjoy!

Thanks for all your work!

You're not alone in that regard, I'm afraid. I also recently skipped sleeping, trying to reset my utterly broken sleeping schedule. It didn't work...

Chicken Plucker

Mod updated:
- Faction: Militaires Sans Frontieres

- Ammended the scenario, it shouldn't have 10 bedrolls
- No more scattered food in stacks of 1 when using prepare carefully
- Less resources are provided to slightly compensate for equipment provided
- Pawns no longer spawn with weapons, instead weapons are set to drop at start

Old

New

Changed MSF logo in the world icons to be higher quality

Quote from: 2.71828 on January 06, 2019, 02:51:43 PM
Quote from: Chicken Plucker on January 06, 2019, 08:50:01 AM
[...]

Thanks for all your work!

You're not alone in that regard, I'm afraid. I also recently skipped sleeping, trying to reset my utterly broken sleeping schedule. It didn't work...

Well, I hope for all of us it only gets better as time goes forward this year. Cheers man.

Back to college this Tuesday, spent more time doing Metal Gear stuff than I had hoped and still no animation for me or for Albion. I have not had a very productive holiday, I'd say.

Oh well, here's to tommorrow. Take care all.