[1.0](WIP) What The Hack?! - Mechanoid hacking

Started by Roolo, May 31, 2018, 04:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roolo

Quote from: rawrfisher on September 05, 2018, 09:36:23 PM
I gotta pose a dumb question.
How about installing extra guns on mechs lol
I know one weapon I would have a feild day installing since it generates tiny turrets :P

Time to see how fast I can break your mod  8)
turret base's dont register REEEEE
After the release I'll look into weapon replacement.

Showing the turret bases would look really weird, so I've made sure they're hidden on mechs. Or did you mean you got some kind of error or unexpected behaviour?

rawrfisher

Quote from: Roolo on September 06, 2018, 01:10:27 AM
Quote from: rawrfisher on September 05, 2018, 09:36:23 PM
I gotta pose a dumb question.
How about installing extra guns on mechs lol
I know one weapon I would have a feild day installing since it generates tiny turrets :P

Time to see how fast I can break your mod  8)
turret base's dont register REEEEE
After the release I'll look into weapon replacement.

Showing the turret bases would look really weird, so I've made sure they're hidden on mechs. Or did you mean you got some kind of error or unexpected behaviour?
I'm talking about turrets added by one of haplos mods.  They cant be installed on mechs far as I can tell.  Then again even if they could they would be worthless the way haplo has it coded so a patch would be required to make them retain their weapons.

Would allow centipedes to run around spamming tiny little 6hp turrets at nearby enemies tho.  The micro turret launcher is quite a fun gun in its own right but adding them to a centipede would make for some interesting situations lol

Entertainment factor aside:
Would it be possible to have enemy factions have upgraded mechs too?
I dont recall if dissasembling mechs with upgrades would return the items but it would add some value to the other factions getting upgraded mechs.

Sorry I'm just musing a bit right now Almost all the stuff I find is just with basic hacking and only installed a couple turrets so far.  Finally getting a playthrough I can actually explore more into the features but dont be suprised if I find some weirdo conflicts lol  Been adding random mods to my load order recently

I no sooner post that and I get hit with a save breaker -_-  Least its one I know how to fix.

[attachment deleted due to age]
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Roolo

@rawrfisher That indeed sounds entertaining :)

QuoteWould it be possible to have enemy factions have upgraded mechs too?
Certainly, this is one of the things highest in my todo list. I didn't add it yet because I wanted to get at least the most complicated upgrade modules in first. That's done now, so I can start working on it. However, it's quite a big chance, so it'll be something that I'll do post-release.

QuoteI dont recall if dissasembling mechs with upgrades would return the items but it would add some value to the other factions getting upgraded mechs.
Currently you won't get your upgrade modules back after disassembling. I may add this in, but if I do, I'll certainly make the modules more expensive. More likely I'll add operations so you can remove upgrade modules from mechanoids that are still alive. This way you can also steal upgrade modules from enemy mechs (once they have upgrade modules), but only from the ones you didn't kill. Also, this would be a nice addition for players who regret installing an upgrade for some reason.

QuoteFinally getting a playthrough I can actually explore more into the features but dont be suprised if I find some weirdo conflicts lol  Been adding random mods to my load order recently
I won't be surprised :). Actually, the more mod conflicts you detect before release the more pain you'll save me when the mod is released. Some Steam users have the tendency to say: "this shit doesn't work" -> thumbs down -> uninstall. I rather have you reporting it.

Madman666

Yeah, i also have a crapton of new stuff crammed in my modlist, so there s bound to be some shenanigans. Will of course report anything i encounter, once i finally get some time to play :P

rawrfisher

I been trying to legit this playthrough im on but wave after wave of bugs keep slowing me down, the walls of my base always get destroyed on load and console is always clogged with usless garbage (Thanks kiame)

https://git.io/fAEj5  This is my load order currently with all the on load errors lol.  Only one I can see affecting your mod in any way would be that stupid melee verb one which seems to not matter at all

Pic is micro turret in action.  Last pic I posted was the result of an error involving a faction that tried generateing an item stash quest and broke

Professional jerk

Roolo

Last update before release:

- Added sprites for the mechanoid workshop (created by malistacity, thanks a lot for your work!!!). The back view still uses a side-sprite as a temporary placeholder.
- added belt module sprite
- The quality of a controller belt now impacts the control radius + decreased base control radius.
- Hacks of mechs with replaced AI cannot break now.
- Fixed problem with mounted turrets dissapearing when the mech on which is mounted walks at the map bounds
- Fixed problem with mounted turrets dissapearing after leaving an temporary world map site.
- Mounted turrets now won't show in the caravan dialog.
- Fixed portable platforms not recharging mech when the mechs departed using a drop pod. 
- Item sprites should look slightly better now, especially in dialogs.
- Altered many descriptions and labels
- Increased hacking success chance
- Increased time required for building the platforms and benches
- Many other rebalances, including market values, item costs, building costs, fuel capacity.
- Mechanoids are now immediately carried from the hacking table after their initial hack.
- Added learning helper entries with many useful hints for new players.
- Fixed duplicate bill in the bill stack when a mech is brought to a hacking table for the initial hack.

Now first to dinner, and then I'll start releasing the mod :)

Edit: The mechanoid workshop was resized, so you'll have to re-install it if you had one in your game

rawrfisher

That mean steam release?
Btw sorry for not being much help last few days
Professional jerk

Roolo

I've released the mod yesterday, so this thread is no longer relevant. The release thread can be found here:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=44082.0

Quote from: rawrfisher on September 07, 2018, 12:29:07 PM
That mean steam release?
Btw sorry for not being much help last few days
Yeah, you probably found out already but it's the forum release and the steam release.

Madman666

Congrats with big release Roolo! :) Steam will boil with hype.

rawrfisher

Since this threads irrelevant why not make it a showcase of mechs getting beat up?

Professional jerk

Roolo

Quote from: rawrfisher on September 08, 2018, 10:51:06 AM
Since this threads irrelevant why not make it a showcase of mechs getting beat up?

Haha, feel free to ^^

rawrfisher

The results of me being a goof

Professional jerk

rawrfisher

Small bug in this one.

Couldnt attatch in the other post

Professional jerk

Roolo

Haha, a poor raccoon, victim of a bored rawrfisher ^^.

Yeah the skullywag needs some extra compatibility patching. I'm in contact with Orion about that.

rawrfisher

Check The steam thread has a pic of what happens to a human that gets the targeting hacked applied

Also I wanna mention that if you get the federation to work that should by extention get the ferals to work as well

Bordem at its finest

Professional jerk