Access to earlier versions?

Started by Nibiru1221, July 13, 2014, 11:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nibiru1221

I didn't know how to do a search for this so if this was already answered then I apologize for the repeat post.

I bought the game as of Alpha 5 but not real fond of the mortar sieges and don't want to have to play on the super easy mode just to keep away from them ultimately wiping me out, so I'm curious if I can download the earlier versions of the game somewhere? Hoping to play with a good amount of challenge but without the mortars.

Thanks.

BetaSpectre

Earlier versions IMO were tougher.

Ask around for help in getting defenses or go into options and activate developer mode to make yourself tough enough for fun.

Also you could download some mods for balancing fixes.

One hot fix is to disable tough events like the psychic drone.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Nibiru1221

I wasn't aware of developer mode.. will look for it... I do have the turrets pack mod and assuming I get with my research earlier enough then I can have some really good defenses by the time things get hairy, but once I get several fires going in my base and my colonists are either hungry or sleep deprived then trying to balance how to keep them alive while still getting attacked gets nearly impossible since they lose their marbles so easy.

Though, I'm sure the game would be a bit drab if there wasn't any challenge or some type of fear that motivates the player to slowly work up defenses but the normal game even the easy modes still ultimately lead up to constant massive attacks and for me means the game will still end due to my lack of proper planning.

I've only had the game for about 10 days and in that time the longest I've lived was about a year and even on the "Chill Callie Classic", it still lead up to near constant big attacks like either mortars raiders or centipedes with inferno cannons that totally destroyed my base. Someone needs to make a fire extinguisher mod!

If the earlier versions before mortars (and centipedes) were harder then I don't want them. Would be cool if we had some type of advanced options menu where we could enable/disable what types of events the play through would have. Then various types of players would have more options on how the game would enfold.