[A17/B18] Orbital Hubs United - Dropships 1.2 (14.02.2018)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, April 23, 2017, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt.Ohu

Updated the mod. Pawn wandering should no longer happen. Once the ship is loaded, the pawns I assigned were free to haul and do other stuff.

sidfu

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on April 28, 2017, 06:16:53 PM
Updated the mod. Pawn wandering should no longer happen. Once the ship is loaded, the pawns I assigned were free to haul and do other stuff.

where the update thou. the git link u provde is still from 5 days ago and git shows no c hanges

Edixo

Hey man, absolutely love this mod, immense gratitude from me.

One small request; please make landings accurate. This kind of shit triggers my autism.

Also, just to add:

Bug - Pawns don't add the final fuel load. Set it to 250, they stop loading at 180 or so.

Small annoyance - When launching from the world map after visiting a base, the screen defaults back to your colony view.

Also, I have wanderings after landings. Don't know if that'll be addressed in the new version.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Nothing says "Home Security" like 50 turrets

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: sidfu on April 28, 2017, 06:49:28 PM
Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on April 28, 2017, 06:16:53 PM

where the update thou. the git link u provde is still from 5 days ago and git shows no c hanges

You're right, I forgot to update the link. My bad.

Quote from: Edixo on April 28, 2017, 09:51:42 PM
Hey man, absolutely love this mod, immense gratitude from me.

One small request; please make landings accurate. This kind of shit triggers my autism.

Also, just to add:

Bug - Pawns don't add the final fuel load. Set it to 250, they stop loading at 180 or so.

Small annoyance - When launching from the world map after visiting a base, the screen defaults back to your colony view.

Also, I have wanderings after landings. Don't know if that'll be addressed in the new version.

The refueling thing is strange since I haven't touched anything there, it's the vanilla system. It seems to occur mainly if you go above a set fuel level of 200.

I've now set the world tab to remain on after launching a ship.

As mentioned earlier, I'll try and find a solution for accurate ship landing.

Edixo

Cpt.Ohu

Would you look at that...

Works for single ships. Fleets still land around the specified point.

Edixo

I am still getting wanderings after landings with the new version...

LustrousWolf

It crashes my game when ever I raid a non vanilla faction, the one I tested was the Orion Installation from Glittertech. It will crash if I start the raid with the ship or even if I raid by foot. I can still Visit and trade with the ship with non vanilla factions i just cant raid them, at all :(

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: Edixo on April 29, 2017, 12:30:01 PM

And on the loading Pawns? If it works there,  I can just do the same thing for paw a that are exiting.

Quote from: LustrousWolf on April 29, 2017, 04:07:28 PM
It crashes my game when ever I raid a non vanilla faction, the one I tested was the Orion Installation from Glittertech. It will crash if I start the raid with the ship or even if I raid by foot. I can still Visit and trade with the ship with non vanilla factions i just cant raid them, at all :(

That sounds like a problem with the mapgenerator, which I didn't touch. Send me a log by pm.

KWPAllDay

Quote from: Canute on April 28, 2017, 01:25:30 AM
Quote from: KWPAllDay on April 27, 2017, 04:51:18 PM
I tried putting MAI robots in the ship and they are counted as cargo. When I try to take them out they disappear. Lol.

Misc robots or MAI's ?

MAI's allways should be pawns and never cargo, they are just a different race.

Misc. robots, the bot's itself you shouldn't be able to add to them or a caravan. Only the minified base are able to get transported. Ofcouse you should call the robot back before or it don't find a place to recharge anymore and will explode at the end, and destroyed robot means the base get destroyed too.
No the actual MAI's, sorry. I downloaded V1.05 and they are counted as passengers now, but the infinite wandering bug is still happening.

Edixo

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on April 29, 2017, 06:22:55 PM
Quote from: Edixo on April 29, 2017, 12:30:01 PM

And on the loading Pawns? If it works there,  I can just do the same thing for paw a that are exiting.
They only load the ship when I also assign someone as passenger. And same problem after.

ChaosChronicler

Hey Cpt. quick question, how do you figure out how many cells a ship should take up? Asking cause I'd like to design one for this if you don't mind. Something like the Valkyrie from the 40k mod but not since well copyright and what not.

StarBlazer

Super cool looking mod. Can't wait to try it out!

Edixo

My apologies. Changed the load order and started a new save, and now everything works perfectly.

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: ChaosChronicler on April 30, 2017, 06:27:07 PM
Hey Cpt. quick question, how do you figure out how many cells a ship should take up? Asking cause I'd like to design one for this if you don't mind. Something like the Valkyrie from the 40k mod but not since well copyright and what not.

Well, take a look at the textures for spaceship parts and look at the respective draw size and actual object size in the defs.

The ships I designed are 2 cells high with varying length, which is quite  easy to put together. Basically the core body of the ship is what I define as size in the Def, the rest (wings, turbines etc)  is drawsize.  You can make them more narrow (1 cell) for something like one-person military airplanes, just keep in mind that one cell should come to a 64x64 px square  in the texture to keep the quality.

Quote from: Edixo on May 01, 2017, 04:35:43 AM
My apologies. Changed the load order and started a new save, and now everything works perfectly.

Good to hear! So no more wandering pawns as well?