[A17/B18] Orbital Hubs United - Dropships 1.2 (14.02.2018)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, April 23, 2017, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt.Ohu

The pawn wandering is a known issue stemming from the way I applied the droppod-system on ship loading. I'm now rewriting the code to fix this. I got to the point where Pawns are again able to think for themselves, but the reason for this bug eludes me.

Fuel consumption and travel speed will be put in the XML with proper explanation. Currently the ship burns 1 fuel per tick, and both landing/launching already take 200 ticks each.

Edixo

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on May 04, 2017, 01:43:35 AM
Fuel consumption and travel speed will be put in the XML with proper explanation. Currently the ship burns 1 fuel per tick, and both landing/launching already take 200 ticks each.
So the amount of fuel expended won't be changed?
Nothing says "Home Security" like 50 turrets

Cpt.Ohu

It will be set to a lower rate. But still high enough to account for its usefullness. You'll have to burn a lot of chemfuel to maintain such a simple ship. Maybe there are advanced ships which take other fuel types and consume way less down the line.

Edixo

Well, alright. Guess I finally have something to use all those chemfuel deposits for.

ziame

It's amazing! Three things to consider:

1) I think I found a bug: when you launch and land on the same world tile, turrets don't move
2) I think I found a bug: when you launch and visit a base, then attack it  (not attack right away) the ship disappears
3) Would you mind guiding us through turret offset? There are 3 values and it would be nice to know how they work

Keep on rocking!

Edixo

Okay, I've found a way to make the ship work about 90% 100% of the time.

- For the love of God, don't save while loading the ship and then reload. Breaks everything.
- Don't install the turret. Breaks everything. Had my UI disappear because I installed one.
- Assign haulers to load the ship. Don't load pawns through the load menu, only use right click and Enter Ship.
- Make sure the cargo hold of your ship is empty before loading it.
- Keep the ship fully loaded on chemfuel all the time, otherwise you run out of fuel after the first launch.

Doing this I can reuse it.

I also highly recommend saving before each launch but not after loading colonists inside, just in case.

Edit: Have done 3 trade runs and 2 outpost assaults with the same ship now following these procedures with no bugs at all.

Cpt.Ohu

Thank you for sticking with the mod and that explanation.

Of course this can't be the long-term solution and I'm working on replacing at least the loading system (50% done).

Ship turrets not working is new, care to send me the log when the UI disappears by pm?

Edixo

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on May 05, 2017, 01:45:36 AM
Ship turrets not working is new, care to send me the log when the UI disappears by pm?
I'd love to, but there was no log appearing. It didn't register as a bug, it just happened.

Every time, though, the ship was empty, fully loaded with fuel, and had been used for one previous trade run.

Edixo

Hey Captain, someone made a Firefly-class skin for the dropship! It's in the thread about it.

Cpt.Ohu

Seen it. I'll try and put something together.

Other than that:I managed to fix the errors on repeated loading Pawn wandering doesn't occur, the Pawns behave normally after leaving the ship, even after entering by the loading dialog.

Ship turrets work for me, I wasn't able to recreate the UI error or the not-moving error.

I think I can release an update this week.

Edixo

Mitz

small issue, after trading with a settlement with a dropship (which i use visit ___ instead of drop in at edge/in center) it pops up a few errors and then flys off. when i tell the ship to trade it trades, but after i accept the trade it kinda softlocks. i can still zoom into my colony, view my colony, but i can't pause and unpause the time, the gui is COMPLETELY gone, and i can only alt-f4 to exit the game...
halp
It's sad autism's an insult, then i must be an insult.
and my cat also must be an insult, as well as every other cat in the universe.
space cats.

Cpt.Ohu

Please send me the error log by PM, otherwise I don't know where things might have gone wrong.

Cpt.Ohu

Update

Updated to 1.2

• Fixed loading-dialog for multiple loadings
  • Fixed pawn-wandering
  • When a single ship is selected, you get to define the exact position; supported by a drawing-ghost
  • Fuel consumption rate of the dropship adjusted to 10/s
  • Worldmap travel speed adjusted to 0.5 tiles/s

• Opened the shipyard for additional ship types

ChaosChronicler

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on May 10, 2017, 04:27:35 PM
Update

Updated to 1.2

• Fixed loading-dialog for multiple loadings
  • Fixed pawn-wandering
  • When a single ship is selected, you get to define the exact position; supported by a drawing-ghost
  • Fuel consumption rate of the dropship adjusted to 10/s
  • Worldmap travel speed adjusted to 0.5 tiles/s

• Opened the shipyard for additional ship types
Shipyard?