[A12d] Tools for haul. Animal will help us! V1.5d 22-10-2015

Started by BBream, April 17, 2015, 06:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turtle Dude

Quote from: BBream on April 25, 2015, 02:49:06 AM
I'm so sorry. I have just found and fixed critical bug. This bug remove item from listerHaulable. For fixing it, you should follow this.
1) install this mod V1.1
2) All item make forbidden
3) All item make unforbidden

Then, item added list of haulable. I'm sorry for your inconvenience.

Thanks great thanks I'll try it in a bit I still need to get things done myself I'll be sure to add it in once I can here hoping everything works perfectly after this, and also thanks.

Turtle Dude

Sorry for the post after another, but It seems the issue still persists with the Cargo, I have 2 currently one empty and one has as chunk of rock in it, if any one of them is toggle non-forbidden hauling will make colonists go idle again.

The fix did work for a little, but when she tried to dismount at a stockpile it starts a massive lag spike, and then after that it stopped working. Hopefully with this information it might help somewhat.

BBream

Quote from: Turtle Dude on April 25, 2015, 07:23:15 AM
Sorry for the post after another, but It seems the issue still persists with the Cargo, I have 2 currently one empty and one has as chunk of rock in it, if any one of them is toggle non-forbidden hauling will make colonists go idle again.

The fix did work for a little, but when she tried to dismount at a stockpile it starts a massive lag spike, and then after that it stopped working. Hopefully with this information it might help somewhat.

I mean items need to toggle is the haulables(food, weapon, resource...) not cargo.
Can you send output.txt file? It can be caused by Holder error checking. I cannot replay it in my computer.

Turtle Dude

QuoteHolder of ChunkSlate763977 is not a usable type; it is a ToolsForHaul.Vehicle_Cargo: Verse.ThingContainer

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

This is what you wanted? The chunk type didn't seem to matter much it was saying it for every different kind, and had wide variations in the 6 digit number at the end.

Full File:

[attachment deleted due to age]

BBream

Quote from: Turtle Dude on April 25, 2015, 04:06:45 PM
QuoteHolder of ChunkSlate763977 is not a usable type; it is a ToolsForHaul.Vehicle_Cargo: Verse.ThingContainer

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

This is what you wanted? The chunk type didn't seem to matter much it was saying it for every different kind, and had wide variations in the 6 digit number at the end.

Full File:

Although it interrupt current job, it is no critical effect for gameplay. it is known issue I cannot fix.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12449.msg125377#msg125377

So you can ignore it if it don't always make colonist idle. I have no solution for this problem.

Thanks for your report.

Adamiks

My game crashes when two people wanna put that same item into backpack. Also when i load the game i must reequid backpack if i wanna use it.

Turtle Dude

Sadly for me this bug is causing interruption to my colonists forcing them into a idle state if any one of them wants to haul mass amounts of items, any other job they will gather normally such as building materials or dead bodies. So for the time being I'll have to make my cargo Forbidden so that they will not all go into a idle state

I do hope you can update the mod sooner or later that these issues aren't there so I can use the Cargos again they really do same tremendous amount of time.

BBream

Quote from: Adamiks on April 25, 2015, 04:37:09 PM
My game crashes when two people wanna put that same item into backpack. Also when i load the game i must reequid backpack if i wanna use it.

Ok, I'll fix it in next version.
First, I didn't check whether it is reserved.
Second, I didn't save maxitem value.
Thanks for reporting.

Turtle Dude

I have an idea, but I don't know if you have thought of this tried and failed due to the game not being able to due it, but if it can maybe push this type of mod to another level I'll still say it.

Here it's, could you possible either create Cargos be like mobile stockpiles (6 spaces only like before) this could possible fix any issue with idling colonists, and also allow permission for what the Cargo can be used for as in only dead can be hauled in them, or maybe only wood/food.

BBream

Quote from: Turtle Dude on April 26, 2015, 02:11:20 AM
I have an idea, but I don't know if you have thought of this tried and failed due to the game not being able to due it, but if it can maybe push this type of mod to another level I'll still say it.

Here it's, could you possible either create Cargos be like mobile stockpiles (6 spaces only like before) this could possible fix any issue with idling colonists, and also allow permission for what the Cargo can be used for as in only dead can be hauled in them, or maybe only wood/food.

Thanks for giving idea. But I found way to avoid error message. I have changed code and The error will not occur anymore.
This idea...you mean cargo has allowence for hauling like storage setting, don't you? I'm not sure this function is useful. If you still have problem in V1.1a, I'll add this function in cargo.

Turtle Dude

I haven't had much of an issue just on and off the cargo's break making my colonists go idle (I just allowed them to use them a little bit ago and they worked again), but i keep having an issue of them placing something into the cargo and dropping them off at completely wrong stockpiles, causing other or even themselves to run all the way back to to drop them in another wrong stock pile.

So adding a function to say this cargo can only hold these items, and not these may get rid of that issue and others. But still it isn't crucial so if you don't think it would be useful, or needed then that is up to you.

Also backpacks might have a memory leaking issue, I keep getting a out of ram error, I only started to use backpacks, and only then did these crashes start happening stating it tries to get more ram, and not enough ram is there to allocateso it end up stopping.

BBream

Quote from: Turtle Dude on April 26, 2015, 04:14:44 AM
-snip

Frankly speeking, I really want to make other contents. But I will be sad if anyone that use this mod is suffered by bug. Debuging make me exhausted. :'(  Sorry but I'll not add this function.

I'll check what problem is. Thanks for instant reporting.

Turtle Dude

I know what you mean about debugging, but I have to say it's better to get most of these bug fixed fast because it makes it were you wont have to come back later to fix them when you are/can work on something else. I actually wonder what will be your next mod if you make another one because so far this one works great and with you being active on it it shouldn't be much longer till almost all problems are gone.

BBream

Quote from: Turtle Dude on April 26, 2015, 05:18:53 AM
I know what you mean about debugging, but I have to say it's better to get most of these bug fixed fast because it makes it were you wont have to come back later to fix them when you are/can work on something else. I actually wonder what will be your next mod if you make another one because so far this one works great and with you being active on it it shouldn't be much longer till almost all problems are gone.
Good, good. Flawless jewel! I'll Slash all of bug!

Quote from: Turtle Dude on April 26, 2015, 04:14:44 AM
I haven't had much of an issue just on and off the cargo's break making my colonists go idle (I just allowed them to use them a little bit ago and they worked again), but i keep having an issue of them placing something into the cargo and dropping them off at completely wrong stockpiles, causing other or even themselves to run all the way back to to drop them in another wrong stock pile.

So adding a function to say this cargo can only hold these items, and not these may get rid of that issue and others. But still it isn't crucial so if you don't think it would be useful, or needed then that is up to you.

Also backpacks might have a memory leaking issue, I keep getting a out of ram error, I only started to use backpacks, and only then did these crashes start happening stating it tries to get more ram, and not enough ram is there to allocateso it end up stopping.

Ok, I fix memory lick problem. Memory allocation will be not rapidly increased.

But I cannot find that items droped wrong stockpile. It sometimes move inefficiently because of fitting storage setting. Later, It would be placed correct place. Optimization is a little difficult problem.

Adamiks

My game still crashes when someone have backpack.

End of error report:

"(0x10107649) (mono): (filename not available): mono_unity_liveness_calculation_end + 0x43e
(0x101075EA) (mono): (filename not available): mono_unity_liveness_calculation_end + 0x3df
(0x1010762A) (mono): (filename not available): mono_unity_liveness_calculation_end + 0x41f
(0x10107649) (mono): (filename not available): mono_unity_liveness_calculation_end + 0x43e
(0x101075EA) (mono): (filename not available): mono_unity_liveness_calculation_end + 0x3df
(0x1010762A) (mono): (filename not available): mono_unity_liveness_calculation_end + 0x41f
(0x10107649) (mono): (filename not available): mono_unity_liveness_calculation_end + 0x43e
(0x10107649) (mono): (filename not available): mono_unity_liveness_calculation_end + 0x43e"