[A17] Enhanced Development - Poll About Steam A18

Started by Jaxxa, April 16, 2016, 02:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Steam Workshop Mods have a separate entries for each Alpha Release or a single entry that gets updated?

After the Official Release update the existing Entry of mods to the new release
47 (59.5%)
Create a new Mod Entry for each Alpha
32 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

pauloman

Hi, does anybody else has this visual problem with the ED-Shields?
I downloaded through Steamworkshop.

Ps.: love your mods!

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

jayerbayer

Hey im getting an issue with your subspace transponders mod
I'm getting a red line error:

"Tried to get a resource "CallShip" from a different thread. All resources must be loaded in the main thread."

Any idea how to fix that? is it mod load order? Also I used it and it called a pirate merchant. I bought a prisoner which it never gave to me, but loaded his picture at the top. It also gave a red line error.

thanks in advance

jayerbayer

Want to update and say i figured it out. the subspace mod was conflicting with another mod that increases trade ship rates. I just moved the mod order around.

thanks for the great mods

SpaceDorf

First Time answer here and all I have to say is Jaxxa,  I love you man,
I love the hell out of your mods since they first came out.

Most of all I respect and love the extra mile you go for raisinpickers like me and have every extra feature as a extra mod.

After so much praise you may sense the but coming :)
I am also lazy and would it be possible for you to offer a combined download ?
*pretty please with lots of cream and cherry on top*
**puppyeyes**
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

toric

not to pester, just waiting here for 24h plants to update. pretty mutch the only mod im still waiting on.

Inflixi

Quote from: Jaxxa on July 20, 2016, 11:42:41 PM
Quote from: hoochy on July 20, 2016, 10:36:50 PM
Hey Jaxxa, I see you limited sub space transponder to only one at a time. Is it possible to allow that to be changed in the XML file? With the much longer time they take to charge and call I feel like limiting them to only one at a time is a bit unbalanced.

Since they take twice as long to charge as they do to call and the limit of one at a time is only the calling, you should be able to have three transponders, 2 charging and one calling at any one time. How much stuff do you need to be selling? Does this not appear to be enough? There is a limit in the game of the Max number of trade ships that can be around at any one time so I want to keep below that number.

Quote from: CrazyCoco on July 20, 2016, 10:42:35 PM
I'm unsure if it's just the setup of my defenses (http://puu.sh/q8RI1/a4ce5507e8.jpg), but it seems like all raiders don't even try to shoot at the embrasures. They just bumrush them and start meleeing them. Is this intentional?

That is not intended and looks like a bug that I will investigate. Although I dont know that there is much I can do as that is more about how the AI is dealing with it and I dont want to be making any large AI changes.

Jaxxa,

There was a post I found while reading through the Combat Realism thread and found someone on page 93,Krutchen , it seems that if raiders can't path all the way to anyone due to doors/walls/embrasures, they resort to explosive/melee attacks against walls/doors. He made a fix but his GitHub isn't around anymore,  based on the time-stamps of the posts he figured it out over the course of a day, no indication of how much of that was actually trying to figure out the problem.

I don't know how to link you directly to his post, but it's about halfway down the page here https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9759.1380

additionally I've noticed the same behavior in my colony, which is coincidentally what led me on this... so far 3 hour adventure for a fix for it.  I've messaged Krutchen asking him for how he fixed the issue but he hasn't been active on this site for almost a month and I don't know if he will respond.

Topper

any chance of bringing back the boomrat cannon?

Freeadama89

Quote from: toric on July 23, 2016, 07:30:06 PM
not to pester, just waiting here for 24h plants to update. pretty mutch the only mod im still waiting on.

Same. My colony has gotten to a point where I don't have enough room to add more farms so I need to double my production just to keep my animals and people fed.

Dekent59

Chiming in for 24 hours, having a quarter of the map dedicated to farming is getting old hehe

Jaxxa

Updating ED-MoreVanillaTurrets and Plant24H

Freeadama89

Quote from: Jaxxa on July 24, 2016, 04:17:21 PM

Just saw it show up on the workshop. Thank you!

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Jaxxa on July 24, 2016, 04:17:21 PM
w00t! Plant24h at least.

Thank you a thousand times

Jaxxa

My current plan for the Transponders is to allow you to switch it between Calling Ships / Caravans. Caravans will take half as long to call as ships, and you will be able to have 1 Transmitting for each type. That should give you 3x the number of traders that you could  get before this new update. Hopefully that will be enough.

Quote from: pauloman on July 22, 2016, 11:12:01 AM
Hi, does anybody else has this visual problem with the ED-Shields?
I downloaded through Steamworkshop.

Ps.: love your mods!

Thanks. Are you getting any Errors in the log? That is the first time i have seen that.

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 23, 2016, 01:49:35 PM
First Time answer here and all I have to say is Jaxxa,  I love you man,
I love the hell out of your mods since they first came out.

Most of all I respect and love the extra mile you go for raisinpickers like me and have every extra feature as a extra mod.

After so much praise you may sense the but coming :)
I am also lazy and would it be possible for you to offer a combined download ?
*pretty please with lots of cream and cherry on top*
**puppyeyes**

I Like the Username :)
Will see what I can do.

Quote from: Inflixi on July 23, 2016, 07:47:02 PM
Quote from: Jaxxa on July 20, 2016, 11:42:41 PM
Quote from: hoochy on July 20, 2016, 10:36:50 PM
Hey Jaxxa, I see you limited sub space transponder to only one at a time. Is it possible to allow that to be changed in the XML file? With the much longer time they take to charge and call I feel like limiting them to only one at a time is a bit unbalanced.

Since they take twice as long to charge as they do to call and the limit of one at a time is only the calling, you should be able to have three transponders, 2 charging and one calling at any one time. How much stuff do you need to be selling? Does this not appear to be enough? There is a limit in the game of the Max number of trade ships that can be around at any one time so I want to keep below that number.

Quote from: CrazyCoco on July 20, 2016, 10:42:35 PM
I'm unsure if it's just the setup of my defenses (http://puu.sh/q8RI1/a4ce5507e8.jpg), but it seems like all raiders don't even try to shoot at the embrasures. They just bumrush them and start meleeing them. Is this intentional?

That is not intended and looks like a bug that I will investigate. Although I dont know that there is much I can do as that is more about how the AI is dealing with it and I dont want to be making any large AI changes.

Jaxxa,

There was a post I found while reading through the Combat Realism thread and found someone on page 93,Krutchen , it seems that if raiders can't path all the way to anyone due to doors/walls/embrasures, they resort to explosive/melee attacks against walls/doors. He made a fix but his GitHub isn't around anymore,  based on the time-stamps of the posts he figured it out over the course of a day, no indication of how much of that was actually trying to figure out the problem.

I don't know how to link you directly to his post, but it's about halfway down the page here https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9759.1380

additionally I've noticed the same behavior in my colony, which is coincidentally what led me on this... so far 3 hour adventure for a fix for it.  I've messaged Krutchen asking him for how he fixed the issue but he hasn't been active on this site for almost a month and I don't know if he will respond.

Thanks I will look into that, but probably not a priority.

Quote from: Topper on July 24, 2016, 12:07:46 AM
any chance of bringing back the boomrat cannon?

Possibly, Probably not for a while. I have an idea for a Railgun Cannon I want to try first, and a main thing is getting the art for them.

stigma

I was keen on the idea of embrasures. More alternatives to just sandbags, great!

That said - when I loaded up a test game to get a feel for how they worked, and they seem almost broken-overpowered.

A sandbag can give 65% cover (if the shooter is at least 3 tiles away)
An embrasure gives 99% (!!) cover at the same distance. That's basically invulnerability.

I don't think I could justify using this... it just seems very unbalanced, and I'm afraid it will only serve to trivialize the combat.

I can see it justified that they are a little stronger than sandbags given the cost (although wood somewhat trivializes this and will work for quite a while). but I'm thinking that something like 75% (versus sandbags 65%) would be more reasonable? ... 75% cover is still incredibly powerful.

Either that, or maybe embrasured should give some debuff to the shooter on the other side (narrow slits for shooting make for good defence, but setting up a good shot is more restrictive too)

To be fair I haven't yet played a campaign with these enabled. I have only done testing beforehand in debugmode. Am I just missing something ? .. I guess I can just change the value on my own if need be but...

-Stigma

Jaxxa

Yeah, Right now they are over powered. I will be nerfing them in the near future, probably to the same protection as sandbags.