[A17b] A bug when tame, train and recruit in the corner building.

Started by khun_poo, September 02, 2017, 06:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khun_poo

The bug is occur when you try to taming animal, training animal or recruit prisoner on the corner edge of the building or any workbench. I'll try to explain in detail...

Animal process of Taming  and Training
1. Walk and talk to animal --> 2. Walk and talk to animal again --> 3. Feed animal --> 4. Feed animal again

The bug will occur at step 4 if the colonist tamer/trainer and animal happen to be on the corner of the building. The food use to taming/training will be loss and the taming/training will be end without result (nether fail nor success). It is also count as process finish so you can't repeat the whole process again until the next day too.

The standing spot of step 4 for the bug to occur is look like this.

For Prisoner recruit process is just walk and build rappel with them 6 times. The bug is the same, on the 6th attempt, if the warden and prisoner is happen to be on the corner of the building. The process will end without result just like the taming/training above.

Not sure if someone already report this yet, I'm not familiar with this forum search method.

Thank you for reading
btw ... sorry for so many edit. I'm bad in English

Calahan

Thank you for the bug report. This sounds very similar to an old (fixed) bug from the earlier alpha's, which I will cross-link for the devs in case it's relevant: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19721.0

skullywag

This is probably related to the exploit about interacting with things though corners, that was fixed but this may have been a knock on effect, Ison/Tynan will know for sure.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

ison