[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logical

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 29, 2016, 02:36:21 PM
Quote from: Logical on April 29, 2016, 02:35:43 PM
Hey i can only get this mod working on its own (With CCL) whenever i add a single other mod i launch in the game and the ammos packs etc are there but thats about it no reload buttons and nothing is changed other than ammo pack being there anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks in advance
-Brandon

Restart your game after opening the mod menu

Holy sh** you genius!!!! Thanks alot man!

Cuddles

I don't seem to have to ability to make turrets. I don't have the defense pack. Why can't I make improv turrets though?

carpediembr

Quote from: AllenWL on April 29, 2016, 10:07:27 AM

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on April 29, 2016, 09:55:55 AM
Did you, uh, check the balance for inferno cannons?

A centipede with a poor quality inferno cannon vaporized 5 marble walls and a colonist in a single shot. Like, full on went from existing to the immediate area of the blast being just dirt.

The trees survived, though. Only the trees. Which have less health than marble walls (420 vs 300).

I don't know how to feel about this.
I posted the values a bit back.
The inferno cannon ammo(which is what dictates damage) deals 200 damage on hit, then has a explosion that deals 100 damage.
The walls got obliterated because they are buildings, and buildings take extra damage from explosives.
Inferno cannons can destroy PLASTEEL walls in a single hit, and kills centipedes in one or two hits.

Yes, they are OP and unbalanced as hell. Also super heavy and bulky, but it only takes like, 3 hits to wipe out your defenses, so...

It would be nice if they would drop the cannon on death, and we could craft an ultimate turret with it.

carpediembr

I'm getting an error that doesnt allow me to trade with either ships or caravans.

Can anyone help me out?

this is the log: i.imgur.com/w3lST8d.jpg

dareddevil7

Grogfeld

Hi. Is Doomsday Rocket Launcher broken?  i get this errors after my pawn finish to aim at target:

Exception ticking Steven: System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at Combat_Realism.Verb_LaunchProjectileCR.TryCastShot () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This is from Output_log (also attached ) it also pops up with triple rocket launcher. Are vanilla rocket launchers broken?

Aside from that, Centipedes with minigun and tons of ammo are tons of fun. Really feels like a bulky tank.

One of my pawns with shield just hunkered down behind a tree, later there was no tree well trees around him, and a wall, and basically everything few cells behind him :P but with 120 HP shield he could survive till poor centipede run out of bullets, then one guy with grenades just finish the job. I know that with more than just one centipede (thank God that there was no Inferno Cannon one) and 4 scythes I wouldn't write this but it was just in beginning and it was my first poison ship on this map. Still without grenades it would be end because of its armor. Scythes are also interesting semi-hard enemies. Few minutes before storyteller send a squad of 3 to my base, and I just begun working on guns, so there was only 2 Lee-Enfield and few pistols and... bows :D. Good that my sniper with 20 shooting skill was dazed only for half of the battle :P You think it's just Randy Random but I will say that there is a pattern in his madness - To wreck havoc when you think you're safe and prepared for everything ;) "We plan, Randy Random laughs"

I must admit that this mod is the best modifications to a game I've ever seen. I really appreciate your hard work.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Goldenpotatoes

You might want to look back into how armor protects on mechanoids:

http://i.imgur.com/tvvGIbb.png
(linked due to size)

There's a total of 7 people currently on that single scyther. Another scyther on the side is hopelessly trying to shoot them off but the personal shields are preventing any real progress.

They've literally broken off every single part of the mechanoid that isn't armored.

I almost feel bad. Almost.

anonymous456

Quote from: Cuddles on April 29, 2016, 03:32:19 PM
I don't seem to have to ability to make turrets. I don't have the defense pack. Why can't I make improv turrets though?

A quote from the first post of this thread:

"Important note: As many people have been asking about this, improvised turrets have been changed. Instead of being built they are made at the machining table and placed as minified furniture."

But if you can't make them at the machining table, then it is concerning.

dareddevil7

Quote from: IgorKeefe on April 29, 2016, 05:03:44 PM
Quote from: Cuddles on April 29, 2016, 03:32:19 PM

A quote from the first post of this thread:

"Important note: As many people have been asking about this, improvised turrets have been changed. Instead of being built they are made at the machining table and placed as minified furniture."

But if you can't make them at the machining table, then it is concerning.
He said he's disabling turrets until he can get ammo to work with them

crusader2010

I've got a quick question:

Is there a way to split item stacks(mainly of ammo) into smaller quantities (for example arrows... they weigh too much to carry stacks of 100 or more, so how can I split it into chunks of 50 arrows, or any value I choose?)

My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

dareddevil7

Quote from: crusader2010 on April 29, 2016, 05:19:38 PM

Is there a way to split item stacks(mainly of ammo) into smaller quantities (for example arrows... they weigh too much to carry stacks of 100 or more, so how can I split it into chunks of 50 arrows, or any value I choose?)

Loadouts

Grogfeld

Quote from: crusader2010 on April 29, 2016, 05:19:38 PM

Use loadout tab to determine how much ammo pawn should take with him and he will auto-refill it. But you're right there could be some sort of slider or x10 option on picking up stuff.

dareddevil7

harpyeagle

For some reason as of 1.6.3 I cant manually order colonists to pick up ammunition. Attempting to right-click on ammo items does not show the right-click menu.

Also is there something you need to do to get a colonist to auto-refill their loadout? I try to set it but they never do anything. It hasn't been a problem until now since I only have 5 colonists and manually equipping them hasn't been too much trouble, but now I can't do that anymore...

dareddevil7

Quote from: harpyeagle on April 29, 2016, 06:19:12 PM
For some reason as of 1.6.3 I cant manually order colonists to pick up ammunition. Attempting to right-click on ammo items does not show the right-click menu.

Also is there something you need to do to get a colonist to auto-refill their loadout? I try to set it but they never do anything. It hasn't been a problem until now since I only have 5 colonists and manually equipping them hasn't been too much trouble, but now I can't do that anymore...
Did you restart after opening the mod menu?