Slave trader?

Started by ttgg, August 24, 2015, 04:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ttgg

I was about to make a post asking where Slave Traders went (haven't played for a few versions), but then I dug into TraderKinds.xml and saw their functionality was replaced by Pirate Merchants.

Thing is, they never offer any slaves? I even tried increasing my desiredPopulationMin and Max in Storytellers.xml, but to no effect. Is there someplace else I can tweak to make slaves show up/make it possible to sell slaves?

christhekiller

Probably... You can always sell your prisoners. But I've rarely gotten pirate ships with slaves to by only like, once a year

b0rsuk

On the other hand, they carry medicine, an occasional weapon, and quite often bionic body parts. Slaves only once in a while. A few days ago I've seen two pirate ships come to me at the same time, and they sold THE SAME colonist. I wonder how that works.

Stonn

Quote from: b0rsuk on August 24, 2015, 07:18:02 AM
On the other hand, they carry medicine, an occasional weapon, and quite often bionic body parts. Slaves only once in a while. A few days ago I've seen two pirate ships come to me at the same time, and they sold THE SAME colonist. I wonder how that works.
Clones.
And now I have that idea, that you could make a laboratory of clones in Rimworld. And when one of your colonists dies, you could awaken the clone after it finished growing in its bio-pod.

Cimanyd

I noticed one or two pirate merchants showed up with no slaves, with few enough colonists that they normally would offer them. Is it possible in A12 animals count toward colonist population for pirate merchants/maximum colonists?
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

FMJ Penguin

Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

wildeaboutoscar

Quote from: Cimanyd on August 24, 2015, 12:24:32 PM
I noticed one or two pirate merchants showed up with no slaves, with few enough colonists that they normally would offer them. Is it possible in A12 animals count toward colonist population for pirate merchants/maximum colonists?

I don't think they count towards total population. I've got tons of pigs right now. Never had that many colonists.

wildeaboutoscar

I like that it's been changed to 'pirate' instead of 'slave.' Sounded a bit bleak.

TLHeart

There is a cap based upon storyteller, of when pirate merchants will only have a very slight chance to have slave to purchase...

Cassandra that cap is around 6 colonists.

Devon_v

It was changed to "pirate" because slaves are no longer a guaranteed item.

In older alphas they always sold slaves, so once you hit population max the storyteller just wouldn't send them anymore, which made selling slaves impossible. Now they can always show up, but if your population is at or above max, they won't sell slaves though they'll still buy.

Last alpha there was a glitch where they actually did the reverse, only selling slaves once you were near max, but it was hot fixed. Maybe it glitched out again?