Can you Get Older versions of rimworld?

Started by ronstergreen, January 09, 2015, 07:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronstergreen

I already bought the game and i was wondering if i could download older versions of the game to play some older mods that work with only alpha 7 or something. Thanks!

-Ronstergreen

harpo99999

the only possible legal way would be to email tynan at his gmail address and ask him for the old version you want, but I do not know if he HAS older versions available

Scotty

You get prototypes along with the most uptodate.
Im not sure on tynans stance on people shareing them.
If i could i have the prototype alpha then 2 3 4 5 and 8

i'd like to get my hands on 6 7 to complete the collection :P

Goo Poni

Officially, there is no way to get older rimworld versions. Tynan and, in turn, the mods also seem disapproving of forumgoers sharing old versions and extremely disapproving of suggesting methods such as piracy to get said older versions, handing out temp bans and post censors for people attempting such, though I wouldn't consider it piracy if I already have the latest paid version sitting there on my pc and can easily provide receipt of purchase. But that's just semantics and split hairs.

Answer, currently, is no. You'll need a time machine or will have to hope for the mods you're wanting will update to A8.

Kartel7

dburgdorf

Hmm.  A brand new account resurrects a two and a half year-old thread in order to post a link to a .zip file that supposedly contains an ancient alpha of RimWorld.

Yeah.  That doesn't seem suspicious at all....  :P
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Bozobub

Also, point of fact, you can go several versions back (although NOT to the beginning, not even close =( )  using Steam, as well.
Thanks, belgord!

ReZpawner

If I can get Tynan's permission, I do have the installs for Rimworld Alpha 7C. Shouldn't be a massive problem sending them, as they are below 50MB. Also have A4f and A5. (as well as the pre-alpha 0.250)

Kartel7

Really, I myself wanted to find the old version of the game. I do not seem to need to increase my level. I just write what I want to say.

Kartel7

Quote from: dburgdorf on October 19, 2017, 04:26:06 PM
Hmm.  A brand new account resurrects a two and a half year-old thread in order to post a link to a .zip file that supposedly contains an ancient alpha of RimWorld.

Yeah.  That doesn't seem suspicious at all....  :P

You do not think about it, but I'm in your friends in Steam. So, you can trust me

BetaSpectre

It's cool to think about the past, but now a days I can't play without some features like caravans xD
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO