So, What did you do in Rimworld today?

Started by Darkfire23, April 07, 2016, 03:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernbhoy

mixed day for me, i have a colony of men atm (not through trying) and the only gay guy in it is having a bad time.

First he's shunned by the others, then a bear kills his beloved cat. He went mental, leaping at the bear with his knife.... After 4 hours the epic stuggle ended, though he was victorious, he'd lost his nose, he went to bed thinking what else could go wrong

6 hours later, his room was infested with insects :D

RemingtonRyder

Tried to reproduce a 'bug' reported over on reddit. Not a bug. Reported back to reddit that it's not a bug.

Ink.

I made a colony, myself, my ex, and my best friend. I then recruited someone who would become another friend.

My best friend ended up marrying my ex, died the next day in a shootout with mechanoids. Few days later, she gets engaged to the other friend. Few days later, killed in a raid. My char gets rejected on romance advancements the entire time up until he's killed. My ex runs the base alone. She's got a beautiful trait, my character had a chemical interest trait and was drunk constantly.

Thanks for keeping it close to home Tynan.

PotatoeTater

Quote from: Ink. on April 08, 2016, 12:14:00 PM
I made a colony, myself, my ex, and my best friend. I then recruited someone who would become another friend.

My best friend ended up marrying my ex, died the next day in a shootout with mechanoids. Few days later, she gets engaged to the other friend. Few days later, killed in a raid. My char gets rejected on romance advancements the entire time up until he's killed. My ex runs the base alone. She's got a beautiful trait, my character had a chemical interest trait and was drunk constantly.

Thanks for keeping it close to home Tynan.

This is honestly why I love seeing stories about play-throughs, reading this made my day. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.
Life is Strange

BlackSmokeDMax

Today in RimWorld;

I setup my computers so that both my work and home desktops have synced folders for RimWorld, with a system to keep old builds installed and running. (Currently just a modded A12d and A13)

Finally gave A13 a whirl after above mentioned config-ing! Very nice so far! Only thing I had to look up was fueling the stove in my first attempt.

Shad

Started new game with random characters. Less than5 min in: message about someone getting killed. Oh, it's the yorkshire terrier pet getting eaten by a cobra. Pet owner gets into mental breakdown walks in a daze out of the base and gets eater by a cougar.

Another colonist goes into mental breakdown over the death, and he gets into a daze, manhunter event spawns and get killed by a manhunter monkey.

The final colonist has no combat skill, no cooking skill, so he is doomed to starve. All in the first 3 days.

PotatoeTater

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on April 08, 2016, 01:11:23 PM
Today in RimWorld;

I setup my computers so that both my work and home desktops have synced folders for RimWorld, with a system to keep old builds installed and running. (Currently just a modded A12d and A13)

Finally gave A13 a whirl after above mentioned config-ing! Very nice so far! Only thing I had to look up was fueling the stove in my first attempt.

I have never thought about doing that, but I don't think my boss would approve of Rimworld over my actual job lol.
Life is Strange

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: PotatoeTater on April 08, 2016, 01:34:46 PM
Today in RimWorld;

I have never thought about doing that, but I don't think my boss would approve of Rimworld over my actual job lol.

There are certainly days where it is good to be the boss, lol. Other days, not so much!

PotatoeTater

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on April 08, 2016, 01:59:35 PM
Today in RimWorld;

There are certainly days where it is good to be the boss, lol. Other days, not so much!

Are you hiring lol, sounds like you would be someone fun to work for
Life is Strange

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: PotatoeTater on April 08, 2016, 04:21:59 PM
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on April 08, 2016, 01:59:35 PM
Today in RimWorld;

Are you hiring lol, sounds like you would be someone fun to work for

Well, remember, I said it was good to be the boss, not the employee! They don't have it quite so nice! Although still not bad.

Shurp

I tried something new today.  I ran out of food in my extreme desert (forgot that potatoes don't grow so fast in gravel, and not much out there to hunt) so I butchered and ate the raider who tried to attack us with a knife.  -16 mood penalty for eating cooked people.  Ouch.  I don't think my colony is going to last long now.

[edit] Or maybe they're going to make it.  I can confirm that lovers will get it on in a double bed with a nice mood bonus.  No, there's no exciting graphics, just z's replaced by hearts.  So Rimworld remains the family-friendly game where you can kill your enemies, butcher them, eat them, and wear their skin as a hat.  But no sex to scare little Johnny!
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Justas love

Today i almost threw my pc out the window.
My 9 colonists got killed by a single triplelauncher shot.

facc00

I went into dev mod put the biggest immediate attack on my base and proceeded to strike the enemy with lightning.

makapse

i decided to show the insects why its a bad decision to come to me by reducing the temp of the heaters in the room they showed up from 21 to -129C when the outside temp was -120C .Froze them all to death in 20hrs while i locked the door for my colonists. Froze those bugs to death when i only had a shotgun and the starting guns as modern weapons. Also helped to kill the 3 spiders when they were 60% frozen by shotguns. Just had to turn my dining room into an emergency sleeping spot barrack.

Shurp

Quote from: Justas love on April 10, 2016, 11:15:52 AM
Today i almost threw my pc out the window.
My 9 colonists got killed by a single triplelauncher shot.

This is why savescumming exists.

Also mod editing.  I removed triplelaunchers from my a12; I'll probably do the same to a13 if I get that far.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.