[A15] CK - Animal & Plant Pack v1.3.1 (11/04/16)

Started by Coercion, September 19, 2016, 07:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydromancerx

kcirdor

I love this mod.  You have to focus on foraging and hunting in the beginning because it takes so long to clear.  I failed miserably on my first permadeath attempt just because I wasn't prepared for the sheer difficulty of clearing the land.  I think the Alpha Beaver event may be a good thing on this map. I got them and said I'll let them be for a few days.   I thought they weren't eating the trees, but it could just be because it takes so long for the trees to come down.  I'll keep an eye on them on my next attempt at this mod just to make sure those guys are helping knock down a few trees.

SpaceDorf

I found a Typo in the Main Post :

4. Wood is abundant, but trees take time a long time to chop down. Prioritize time and resources and focus on smaller trees and plants when clearing large areas.

One Time is still a long time :)
4. Wood is abundant, but trees take a long time to chop down. Prioritize time and resources and focus on smaller trees and plants when clearing large areas.

-> Solution : Start with a talented grower, slam down growing zones and you'll have tons of wood in no time.

3. Clear out plants for pathing. The dense jungle will considerably slow down pawns.
-> this means : built floors .. that green shit grows faster than Groot.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Coercion

Quote from: Hydromancerx on September 23, 2016, 04:22:10 PM
Please make a Junglefowl out of the base game chicken art.

I have been considering jungle fowl for a few days now. So, why not. I will add it to the future animal list and see what I can do :)

Coercion

Quote from: kcirdor on September 23, 2016, 05:09:57 PM
I love this mod.  You have to focus on foraging and hunting in the beginning because it takes so long to clear.  I failed miserably on my first permadeath attempt just because I wasn't prepared for the sheer difficulty of clearing the land.  I think the Alpha Beaver event may be a good thing on this map. I got them and said I'll let them be for a few days.   I thought they weren't eating the trees, but it could just be because it takes so long for the trees to come down.  I'll keep an eye on them on my next attempt at this mod just to make sure those guys are helping knock down a few trees.

I am glad that you are enjoying it :)

We have been considering removing the alpha beaver incident, because alpha beavers do not fit in the biome. Let me know if you think that the alpha beaver incident adds something to your playthrough though, so we can take that into consideration.

Coercion

@SpaceDorf

thanks for the typo correction, fixed. Good solutions by the way :) Just put down concrete everywhere :P

res34

Have you considered making two separate elephant species, as in having asian elephants for the jungles, and, in the distant future, african elephants for the arid grasslands? Also, have you considered incorporating okapi at all?

kcirdor

Quote from: Coercion on September 23, 2016, 08:02:03 PM

I am glad that you are enjoying it :)

We have been considering removing the alpha beaver incident, because alpha beavers do not fit in the biome. Let me know if you think that the alpha beaver incident adds something to your playthrough though, so we can take that into consideration.

I don't think they belong. If they are taking down the trees, than to me they are going against what this mod is trying to accomplish.  Maybe replace them with a smaller iguana incident. 

I am playing on a coastal mountain map. It took a while to find a tropical coastal mountain with the random generator. I accidentally loaded the medieval mod too.  It was late and I was going mod happy. I haven't used that one yet, so I don't know what to expect or know how these mods will work together.  I was planning on using it on an Ice map, but I'll give it a go and see how it shakes out.  I did Classic last time, this time Chilax so I can get established a little.

Too-DAMN-Much

yay, extra wildcats, it'd be nice if you guys could consider adding cheetahs too also.

Coercion

thanks for all the feedback and suggestions :)

@ res34

I can consider adding another texture for the rainforest elephant after we have more content in the mod. I have considered Okapi before, but rimworld animals dont have legs. Do you want to see Okapi in the mod?

@too-damn-much

cheetahs will be added to the arid shrubland biome

res34

Honestly, I just really - REALLY - like diversity. The more animals, plants, and pawns, the better, especially if they're unique to different environments. I just suggested Okapi because of their fairly distinct appearance, though you're right about the lack of legs, which would make it difficult to convey that.

By the way, would you mind if we posted some animal designs of our own, in case you want to use them in your mod?

Coercion

Quote from: res34 on September 24, 2016, 10:24:42 AM
Honestly, I just really - REALLY - like diversity. The more animals, plants, and pawns, the better, especially if they're unique to different environments. I just suggested Okapi because of their fairly distinct appearance, though you're right about the lack of legs, which would make it difficult to convey that.

By the way, would you mind if we posted some animal designs of our own, in case you want to use them in your mod?

Well, I will add Okapi to the animal list and see what I can do :)

Currently, I have a specific vision for this mod, so I will not be using any outside art. However, any other mod that adds plants or animals from their specific def (i.e. not the biomedefs) will work with this mod. So, feel free to mix and match whatever animals or plants you may have :)

kcirdor

The wild life is dangerous. Most of the visiting factions lose one or two of their members on the way to your base. If you can please turn up the spawn rate of prey. Early you can hunt, but once the big cats take over the wild people visitors die cause there are cats everywhere. Those cats are hungry.  I've got it down to send out my pawns at night in order to collect things on the map because other wise you will likely get attacked.  So far more than half of my pawns have lost limbs.  We are the one armed bandits.

kaptain_kavern

Thanks for feedbacks. I too noticed a lack of prey for the kitties ;-)   It will soon be solved, in fact not all planned animals are already in, textures take times to draw. I have a test version with dummy graphics with the full set of animals and things are better. By pure coincidence it's mostly prey that are lacking (3 kinds of monkey, Tapir, etc)

The fact that Tropical Rain forest should be dangerous is something wanted/planned though but kitties will have more things to ate soon.

Speaking of animals... With Coercion we are wondering if some animals (mostly elephants as I can't find other suited candidates) should been able to eat trees. What y'all thinking about that please?

Too-DAMN-Much

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on September 24, 2016, 08:58:48 PM
Thanks for feedbacks. I too noticed a lack of prey for the kitties ;-)   It will soon be solved, in fact not all planned animals are already in, textures take times to draw. I have a test version with dummy graphics with the full set of animals and things are better. By pure coincidence it's mostly prey that are lacking (3 kinds of monkey, Tapir, etc)

The fact that Tropical Rain forest should be dangerous is something wanted/planned though but kitties will have more things to ate soon.

Speaking of animals... With Coercion we are wondering if some animals (mostly elephants as I can't find other suited candidates) should been able to eat trees. What y'all thinking about that please?

i'd think bears should be able to tear up tree trunks damaging the lumber by scratching on them too.

also, i hope people don't have too much trouble with the cheetahs, they have potential to wind up being a severe nuisance with their exceptional speed and fuzzy tackles.