is there ever a rim world sale?

Started by ChuggingClorox, December 10, 2014, 02:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChuggingClorox

hey,
i was just wondering ive had my eye on this game for a while now and i want to buy it as a present for my brothers birthday but i was just wondering if the game ever goes on sale? theres a mad 5$ tax on the game and i really dont want to pay $35 for an alpha build of the game... any help at all would be amazaballs

Tynan

We don't really do sales. I think they distort the market a lot so I've avoided them. It sucks when you buy the game and it goes on sale 2 days later.

As for the tax, that shouldn't be. What country is this?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

superiorx

Quote from: ChuggingClorox on December 10, 2014, 02:58:18 PM
hey,
i was just wondering ive had my eye on this game for a while now and i want to buy it as a present for my brothers birthday but i was just wondering if the game ever goes on sale? theres a mad 5$ tax on the game and i really dont want to pay $35 for an alpha build of the game... any help at all would be amazaballs

I agree; $30 (or $35) for an Alpha build is expensive, it's probably twice as expensive as most of my Steam purchases. In the case of Rimworld however, it's more than worth the asking price. Rimworld has more features and interesting gameplay than many full version games, huge amounts of replay value and regular developer updates.

If I were you, I'd bite the bullet; buy your brother this awesome game for his birthday and then watch him struggle to make it up to you over your next 10 birthdays.