[B18] Plucker's MODLIST - APC and Tank deaths now spawn units (19/06/18)

Started by Chicken Plucker, November 20, 2017, 04:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which faction in the modlist is your favourite?

Umbra Company!
17 (13.4%)
War Mongrels!
22 (17.3%)
Elite Crew!
7 (5.5%)
Task Force: 141!
9 (7.1%)
Task Force: STALKER!
16 (12.6%)
I know its not in the options, but kittens and puppies.
45 (35.4%)
British Armed Forces!
11 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 127

Harry_Dicks

Chicken Plucker

Hello, good news, mod is almost finished. There were some compatibility issues with Rimmu-Nation, also I had to sort out balancing with the airstrikes but it's all done now.

Here are some pictures on the upcoming unit types you will deal with if you use the mod:

CQB
Mainly the ones you will run into, spawn with a variety of shotguns and SMGs

Assault
The more ranged assault class, SCARs and ACRs are their weapons.

Heavy
They use LMGs, Grenade Launchers and Rocket Launchers, these are a problem if ignored because they can do more damage to a group thanks to the explosives.

Snipers
The only uniform I kept from the A17 Umbra Company, the Spectre sniper units spawn with 4 types or sniper rifles. They get hard to spot despite the glowing red names, especially during all the commotion if you're fighting tanks and the other unit types.

Spec Ops
They come during the higher raid tickets, spawning with both assault rifles and sniper rifles

Airstrike call-in
The most dangerous unit, without a doubt, you have little time to spot the red laser designator, you have 6 seconds when you start hearing the beep, if your colonists are close together or you are not well protected, expect heavy losses.

Very difficult to eliminate during high raid tickets due to being surrounded by other unit types, your best bet is to run until the bombardment is used, it's very difficult to avoid an airstrike being launched after many tests.

More importantly, if you're sitting there comfortably thinking you're safe having multiple resurrector mech serums due to mods that allow you to have high amounts, think again. The bombardments are able to completely destroy a body, not allowing you to revive a colonist once they have been blown to smithereens.

UGV Tanks
The unmanned ground vehicles, they take a lot of damage, stats for the APCs are copied from the centipede, the Main Battle Tanks have more resistance against explosions, especially the more modern MBTs I will add for other factions later.

The best way to fight these are similar to methods used fighting centipedes, out-range them and keep moving. Otherwise, you will be overwhelmed. Try to pick off infantry first, if you engage infantry being backed up by these vehicles, expect at least someone getting downed or killed if you take too long to take them out.

EDIT:
Oh and I forgot to include, Umbra Company does not flee fights, you have to kill all of them during raids, or befriend them before it gets to the point of them sending tanks with higher raid tickets.

Sad News:

War Doggos have been cut
There's an error I can't figure out that pops up during raids with the attack dogs, I had to disable them. Sadly you will not see these pups in the final mod unless someone comes to help me make it happen.

The doggos show up for raids, everything else works fine but this odd error that pops up. I don't understand what happens but upon cutting out the doggo pawntype it was fixed.

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 08, 2018, 02:32:18 AM
Wow .. just wow.

I saw the new sprites on my mobile first, where they allready looked amazing, but now on a real screen the look even more so.

And again I wish I could create half as beautiful textures as you.
Thanks again for the little guy.

Now I wonder if those Tanks are compatible with Giddy-up!  ::)

Hey Dorf, I'm happy you are happy, I got motivated just from reading that! The tanks might not be.

Maybe Giddy-up sorted out mechanoids, but I doubt it does. Also thank you, I am being overhyped with the praises, but there is plenty to criticize with my textures bwahaha

I know for sure these enemies are more deadly with run-and-gun mod.

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 08, 2018, 02:37:31 PM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 08, 2018, 02:32:18 AM
Wow .. just wow.

I saw the new sprites on my mobile first, where they allready looked amazing, but now on a real screen the look even more so.

And again I wish I could create half as beautiful textures as you.
Thanks again for the little guy.

Now I wonder if those Tanks are compatible with Giddy-up!  ::)

Oh, my, GOD. I'm thinking about swapping in certain kitty-kat named tank sprites, Hugo Boss manufactured attire outfits, and making all enemy factions have Polish flags. I can finally become a suave looking tanky-boi and crush Slavic hopes and dreams.

Something like this (cut)

If you want to make your own mod I can get you the tank textures, though for uniform as much as I wanna help, my hands are already tied so someone else has to do uniform textures for your faction. That's all if you wanna make it though, polski polski

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 08, 2018, 04:45:59 PM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 08, 2018, 04:13:40 PM
That looks like a dick-pick

That would give morning wood a whole new meaning.

Maybe Dorf just meant a picture of you, Harry_Dicks

RyanRim

Thats a very nice job, I really love the looks. However Im kinda sad that you keep finding errors (or just excuses  ::)) about the animals you want to bring in. Of course the doggos arent such a big loss, when we got tanks.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

RyanRim

I'm already imaging a new start dialogue
"Herr Rozwadowski, we found wood"

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

SpaceDorf

Quote from: RyanRim on January 09, 2018, 09:21:02 AM

I'm already imaging a new start dialogue
"Herr Rozwadowski, we found wood"

Give it to me Baby, ahah ahah ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

RyanRim

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

asquirrel

Very cool!  Hey CP, would you be able to make a flamethrower turret mod and a regular flamethrower for us?   I want a flame turret so I can go all Command and Conquer on bugs when they show up or people foolish enough to kick my bases front door down.  :)

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: asquirrel on January 09, 2018, 12:17:07 PM
Very cool!  Hey CP, would you be able to make a flamethrower turret mod and a regular flamethrower for us?   I want a flame turret so I can go all Command and Conquer on bugs when they show up or people foolish enough to kick my bases front door down.  :)

Don't forget about Tiberium Rim!

asquirrel

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 09, 2018, 01:17:04 PM

I want flame turrets but I don't want the tiberium poisoning.  I haven't really read abou that mod in detail.  Does it have flame turrets and can I disable the tiberium?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: asquirrel on January 09, 2018, 03:49:27 PM
Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 09, 2018, 01:17:04 PM

I want flame turrets but I don't want the tiberium poisoning.  I haven't really read abou that mod in detail.  Does it have flame turrets and can I disable the tiberium?

Honestly I feel the same way. I kinda wanted everything but the actual tiberium and poisoning, hah!

SpaceDorf

I think you can

You could also look into RimAtomics which has Tesla Coils, Obelisk's and ICBM's

Also Plucker, Congrats for being mentioned on Tynans Blog. I must have missed that over the holidays.

Chicken Plucker

Special thanks to Albion for making the Portal Turret addition possible, he helped me walk through the C# for hours! what a legend

Lots of changes for all outfit mods, all Rimmu-Nation mods have been updated. New weapons, new turrets, Steam Workshop has labelled previews for all items in Rimmu-Nation weapons now.

Hey, I'll have to think about this for some other time, because either I'm gonna need C# for continuous fire, or I just make the fire projectile faster than the minigun, causing the weapon to be ridiculously overpowered, then again, what do I know about balance amirite?? ehehehe

Sorry for the long silence, been busy updating, still working on Umbra Company, requiring C# work for Tanks in it

Albion

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on January 12, 2018, 12:42:46 PM
Special thanks to Albion for making the Portal Turret addition possible, he helped me walk through the C# for hours! what a legend
Glad I was able to help you.
You helped me with some textures so I'm pleased to be able to return the favor.

SpaceDorf

Harry_Dicks

Will Security Tools be its own mod? Maybe release it as a sub mod? =]