[RW-1.0.2059] Medieval Times (v. 1.974.B-19 (Updated-10/22/2018))

Started by Vindar, July 27, 2016, 11:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Noone prevent you to use other mod like
Tribal planet
Faction control
so no other faction then tribal's will appear at your world.

And what is doing a barbarian with a big ass sword when he notice a sniper ?
He hide behind a corner until the stupid sniper come in range to rush him.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: henk on March 08, 2018, 12:28:29 AM
I don't understand, if this mod doesn't remove vanilla stuff, then what prevents raiders from wiping me with sniper rifles?

It's not like medieval weapons/armor are like paper vs steel when it comes to their stats. And there are very high class versions of weapons in this mod, nanite, legendary, and ancient. Plus, if you really want to, you can always change around these values in the xml, it's really not too difficult and I can help you if you want, just ping me in Discord.

henk

NM, I found a solution.

Btw, have anyone encountered this Debug error "Exception drawing Human_Corpse67734: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object":

at FacialStuff.HumanBipedDrawer.DrawHands (UnityEngine.Vector3,bool,bool,FacialStuff.HandsToDraw) <0x00147>
at FacialStuff.CompBodyAnimator.DrawHands (UnityEngine.Vector3,bool,bool) <0x00080>
at FacialStuff.Harmony.HarmonyPatch_PawnRenderer.Prefix (Verse.PawnRenderer,UnityEngine.Vector3,UnityEngine.Quaternion,bool,Verse.Rot4,Verse.Rot4,Verse.RotDrawMode,bool,bool) <0x011fa>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnInternal_Patch1 (object,UnityEngine.Vector3,UnityEngine.Quaternion,bool,Verse.Rot4,Verse.Rot4,Verse.RotDrawMode,bool,bool) <0x001ba>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt_Patch2 (object,UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.RotDrawMode,bool) <0x00c26>
at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt (UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x00061>
at Verse.Corpse.DrawAt (UnityEngine.Vector3,bool) <0x00069>
at Verse.Thing.Draw () <0x00047>
at Verse.ThingWithComps.Draw () <0x00010>
at Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings () <0x003bd>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.DynamicDrawManager:DrawDynamicThings()
Verse.Map:MapUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I am getting this on my new Medieval playthrough, with dead raiders that get to root for a while. Is this something todo with this mod or something else?

henk

Is there any documentation of the mod's items?  It is hard to decide where to use my meager resources when I need to build items to see (some) of their stats.

henk

Is there anyway I can lookup the stats in the mod files myself?   For example, whether the Improved Blacksmith Forge' offer better crafting speed than 'Blacksmith Forge' or just offer access to 2nd tier products?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: henk on March 10, 2018, 06:43:58 AM
Is there anyway I can lookup the stats in the mod files myself?
Of course. Just go to the Defs folder in said mod and start browsing away! It really isn't too complicated once you've spent a few minutes checking stuff out.

Also, I would recommend Notepad++ for editing xml defs, maybe even just browsing them...

Vane

Love this mod! How do you make Warbourne stuff? It's not in any of the Medieval tables, unless I'm doing something wrong?

Also more viking inspired gear would be awesome!

henk

Can anyone explain weapon stats? For example, what is melee bulk? do I really care about weapons mass with carrying capacity of 70? or should I just pick the weapon with highest DPS? Also any rule of thumb regarding damage type?

henk

I don't understand. My assumption is that bulkier weapon will be harder to use (hit less) But an arming sword with higher hit chance bonus, higher DPS and lower mass and lower bulk has lower market value.. so is higher melee bulk is a good thing, just market values are not balanced, or what ?!

Few examples of cutting weapons:

[b]Arming sword, excellent:[/b]

Weapon melee bulk: 50%
Melee damage DPS: 10.12
Melee hit chance: +7.5
Mass 0.85
Market value: 415

[b]Bearded Battle Axe, excellent:[/b]

Weapon melee bulk: 120%
Melee damage DPS: 10.05
Melee hit chance: +5
Mass 2.0
Market value: 530

[b]War Knife, excellent:[/b]

Weapon melee bulk: 100%
Melee damage DPS: 10.31
Mass 1.6
Market value: 560

[b]Medieval Long sword, excellent:[/b]

Weapon melee bulk: 100%
Melee damage DPS: 10.48
Mass 1.25
Market value: 595

[b]Halberd, excellent:[/b]

Melee damage DPS: 10.31
Melee hit chance: +10
Mass 2.0
Market value: 580

[b]Battle Axe, excellent:[/b]

Melee damage DPS: 9.81
Mass 2.0
Market value: 595

Canute

DPS is the calculation of the Damage and speed.
But that is removed with B18.
Mellee bulk
<description>How difficult to wield a weapon is in close combat. Lighter ranged weapons will fire more often in melee.
That is basicly the speed, lower bulk value = faster weapons, higher bulk = slower.
With a faster weapon you can create many small wounds.

henk

Quote from: Canute on March 15, 2018, 02:22:46 PM
DPS is the calculation of the Damage and speed.
But that is removed with B18.[/code]

Then how do I measure the lethality of each weapon?  There is no other variable for damage, per second or otherwise.

Quote from: Canute on March 15, 2018, 02:22:46 PM
Mellee bulk
<description>How difficult to wield a weapon is in close combat. Lighter ranged weapons will fire more often in melee.
That is basicly the speed, lower bulk value = faster weapons, higher bulk = slower.
With a faster weapon you can create many small wounds.

That what I assumed above, which means that 'Arming sword' is better than 'Bearded Battle Axe' in every way, but that is not reflect in its market value :/   

henk

One of the most frustrating thing in late game is the luck of 'Electric crematorium'. While ostensibly 'corpse bonefires' serve the same function, their con is that they are not persistent and thus you keep finding yourself re-building and re-adding bills after each little skirmish.

At least with better workmangment you can created a forbidden dummy bonefires, to be used to esily copy/paste my bills to new bonefires. Still its annoying.

chewedpencil

so does anyone else get a sound bug when you use the Fragment of Mjolnir? Like something is being hit 1000 times a second and it doesn't go away?

Edit: Huh, it seems to do this with any legendary weapon. i will see if it does it all the time or only when it 1 hits something
Edit2: so i looked in the debug log and it was that simple sidearms was trying to do something. i uninstalled it and now i dont 1 hit megasloths and thrumbos

Wheatley

Could anyone tell me how to fiddle around with the caravan stats? As much as I love this mod, 3/4 caravans seem to be from a medieval merchant. I can't remember the last time I saw a pirate or exotic trader.