[Mod request] Brain Transplant

Started by Redclaw, October 16, 2014, 10:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redclaw

Just a idea, A mod to let you remove the brain of a dying/Recently dead colonist (Can't have Destroyed brain) and put it in a Robot, Like in Warhammer 40,000.

No clue if it's possible but would be fun to send a Giant Robot Colonist against those pesky Mechenoids.
The best Bait for visitors is a place to eat.

Endoric

Or to take the brain out of your favorite character and put it in a good body.  I hate when my fav colonist gets mutilated but has a good brain and now walks slow, limps, is missing an eye and has bad lungs.

Oh if only i could take modding 101 classes.

neronix17

I was just thinking about doing something similar, well really it's the opposite of what you are suggesting, but kind of fits. I was seeing how the corpses of fallen enemies and colonists have all the damage still recorded, like missing limbs/etc. So what I thought was having a new workstation that allows you to 'repair' fresh bodies, removing the brain and replacing it with a synthetic robot brain, essentially resurrecting the character with basic abilities.

Either that or just making it so you have to replace vital organs with robotic counterparts that run on energy instead of food (removing the need for food) and exactly how fresh the body is can decide whether it needs the brain replaced (or if they are like a recent unfortunate raider I killed and had their brain stem destroyed). Basically it's resurrection for people who died within an hour, re-purposing if they've been dead longer.

I've already started this mod, only just started an hour or so ago when I thought to check if it had already been done. If this works out well then I'll consider expanding to include the ability to transplant brains into mechanical bodies too, wouldn't want to overpower it though so at most they have more health and the option to be 'upgraded' with say better eyesight, faster movement, etc. Really you'd be best just getting the more bionic parts mod here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6699.0

Minus

Probably not what you want, but there's a brain surgery mod here.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance