[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirite

Updated to v0.4a
- Updated to work with B18
- Added Sterilize surgery to permanently prevent colonists from reproducing
- New WorkType: Childcare. Currently only encompasses feeding and entertaining babies/toddlers.
- Fixed crash on worldgen from async graphics loading
- Fixed minor issue where children could spawn with weapons too large for them to handle

@GrimTrigger
Now that I'm adding a new work type (childcare), I'm not too sure. Probably will work fine though.

PhantomFav

Feindflug

I love you too, Thrite! ;D
Already testing it. So far no Problems integrating it in my current savegame (so yes it seems to be savegame compatible). Worldgenerations seems fine also (generated new games 3 times without errors).  Thank you so much. Good work!

SpaceDorf

Just in Time the Children on the Rim can celebrate Raider Christmas.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Proxyer

Hello, author.
Update cheers for good work.
I updated the Japanese translation for v0.4a and sent a pull request from GitHub, so please confirm and merge. Thank you.

NagashUD

Thirite

Haha thanks. Hopefully it has less bugs than my usual releases.

@battlemage64
If you modify this file in your local copy: https://github.com/thirite/ChildrenAndPregnancy/blob/master/Patches/Human.xml
You can see the values 0.5 and 3- that's for toddler and child ages. You can set them to whatever you like, and if you add a new operation for li[4] you can change when they grow to a teenager as well.

Tenshi~Akari

Thanks for the hard work in the update!  8)

So, I think my only VERY minor issue so far is that the pawns' positioning when sleeping in beds is kind of screwy... especially the sideways alignment. All pawns were more centered prior to adding the mod.

If I remember correctly I think this happened in A17 as well, but forgot to mention it.

Thirite

Ah, oops. I believe that positioning change is only supposed to happen for the crib- I must have forgot to put a check for that somehow.

Little Hell

Have you thought about adding toys? Teddy bears to train social, building blocks for construction, tiny plasteel soldiers for shooting/melee... that's all I can think of. So babies can "train" themselves a little bit while growing.

Thanks for updating!

Thirite

That's a pretty good idea. I already have textbooks planned for training academic skills, and was considering a teddy bear/doll but merely as a joy object. Toy soldiers strikes me as odd to level melee/shooting, but I think a way to train them is probably necessary as I always found it nearly impossible to make any significant progress training combat skills in vanilla balancing.

bonebaby

Quote from: Thirite on December 14, 2017, 04:04:28 PM
That's a pretty good idea. I already have textbooks planned for training academic skills, and was considering a teddy bear/doll but merely as a joy object. Toy soldiers strikes me as odd to level melee/shooting, but I think a way to train them is probably necessary as I always found it nearly impossible to make any significant progress training combat skills in vanilla balancing.

You could always add an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle... But they'd probably just shoot thier eye out!  In the spirit of the holidays of course :P

-BB

RoverStorm

Firstly, I want to thank you for making this mod.  I tried hard to find a way to do this myself after failing to find such a mod on the steam workshop, but I had no idea where to start.  This mod is in my opinion the thing missing the most from Rimworld.

Second, I think I found another mod incompatability; Glittertech.

Thirdly, me and a few friends were discussing the mod had some ideas.  Specifically we wondered if Glitterworlds would have experimented with high-tech alternatives to abortion, and realized some of the technology is already in the game.  Specifically, things like removing an unborn child early, but unharmed.  Then using a machine to either grow it independently of the mother, or even place it in a sort of cyrostasis (if supporting another person would be too much).  Scientifically we know they have cyrostasis and modern science can incubate animals.  But we're not asking for a machine that lets kids age faster, as that may not actually be scientifically possible, and certainly won't actually TEACH them how to be older.

We had some ideas about how to implement such mechanics, but unless you want them I'll keep them to myself since you probably know better solutions.

Otherwise keep up the good work!  This is perhaps the one mod we consider Rimworld unplayable without!

alexander_q

QuoteI have copies of the a16 version(s) of the mod in my offline archive of rimworld mods, if you like I can upload it here

@harpo99999
I'd really appreciate that.

kaptain_kavern