Where is my Alpha 14 download Link :-(

Started by Paranoijaa, July 15, 2016, 01:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paranoijaa

authorized

milon

@Paranoijaa
On Steam.

SendOwl still hasn't updated, but I don't think Tynan has any control over that.  (I'm actively trying to avoid Steam, so I feel your pain.)

@authorized
See my signature.  You get a code to put in Steam to link RimWorld to your account.

Paranoijaa

@milon

I´m not even sure that i get a key so i dont care about Steam :-) I´m pretty disappointed that i can´t play it. Tha could be done way earlier then the damn Steam stuff. :-(

Listen1

Use the old download link for the sendowl. It will still work and you will receive the A14

Vascar

The problem is we are still getting the A13 file when we use it.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Vascar on July 15, 2016, 01:47:26 PM
The problem is we are still getting the A13 file when we use it.

I was too at first. But even though my # downloads never changed and still haven't received the email from sendowl, I did just download A14 from the link.

Paranoijaa

So, i opend the link in Milon´s Post and got to a new side, even with Steam registration. I wasn´t supposed to get a steam key but got one. Thx!

authorized

Quote from: milon on July 15, 2016, 01:36:05 PM

@authorized
See my signature.  You get a code to put in Steam to link RimWorld to your account.

How is your signature not a sticky some where or at least more noticeable provided by Ludeon is beyond me.

milon

Everyone who legitimately bought RimWorld is eligible to get a Steam key too.

@authorized
It's actually on the main page and there's a couple links that point to it.  But a lot of people miss those, so I put it in my sig too.  And that reminds me - I was going to make a sticky about it.  Thanks!

richardmazz

So just to make sure... if we get the Steam Key will we still be able to get updates from SendOwl?

milon

Yes.  As of today, I have downloaded A14 from SendOwl and registered with Steam.  I can get future updates from both SendOwl and Steam.

Ouan

I know it has been pointed out already, but there is a slight issue with the linking to Steam. I do mean slight. I signed into steam, through the http://rimworldgame.com/getmygame link and requested my key, which sent me an e-mail. This e-mail did not have a key within it, rather just a link to my SendOwl file page. I duly downloaded my non-Steam key and manually linked it to Steam, but then I noticed that this did not actually link accounts, merely allowed me to play Rimworld through Steam as a non-Steam game. Thinking that something was wrong I went through several scenarios before I realized that there was a simpler error, most likely on my part. I went through the getmygame page again and made sure I was properly logged onto the Steampage and then entered my e-mail address again. I then received the same e-mail again, this time it had my key, which I then added to my Steam page. Voila! The lesson I offer is that if the first time you attempt to get your Steam key it fails, make sure that it shows you as properly logged on before you request the Steam-key.

Damn Pirates!

milon

Quote from: Ouan on July 15, 2016, 02:54:10 PM
I know it has been pointed out already, but there is a slight issue with the linking to Steam. I do mean slight. I signed into steam, through the http://rimworldgame.com/getmygame link and requested my key, which sent me an e-mail. This e-mail did not have a key within it, rather just a link to my SendOwl file page. I duly downloaded my non-Steam key and manually linked it to Steam, but then I noticed that this did not actually link accounts, merely allowed me to play Rimworld through Steam as a non-Steam game. Thinking that something was wrong I went through several scenarios before I realized that there was a simpler error, most likely on my part. I went through the getmygame page again and made sure I was properly logged onto the Steampage and then entered my e-mail address again. I then received the same e-mail again, this time it had my key, which I then added to my Steam page. Voila! The lesson I offer is that if the first time you attempt to get your Steam key it fails, make sure that it shows you as properly logged on before you request the Steam-key.

Thanks for the tip!  Adding that to my mini-guide now.