[1.2] Apparello v2.2.2 Dawn of newer deluxier edition [02/03/2021]

Started by Shinzy, July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Quote from: Deimos Rast on September 03, 2016, 04:25:54 AM
so the next version will require ccl? welp, it is what it is. :-X
Ooo you say that like ccl's a bad thing :p
While I normally prefer to be entirely self reliant with my mod
This one allows so much convenient things for me to do that bug me immensely and couldn't really do anything about before

*pat* This a good thing Demmy, cheer up

Deimos Rast

I like CCL, I use CCL, I support CCl. But what I'm against is a fully 100% just parts pack adding in a dependency that only a tiny fraction of its content ever makes use of. However, come update time, the mod is held hostage by that dependency. If it were your own custom plugin that you could just pop off and recompile whenever, well so much the better, but this is CCL, and as we're seeing now, it's a different beast.
I know it might not sound like it, but I really do think the world of the CCL people, and I meant the opening line. I just have a chip on my shoulder (spanning multiple games) about plugins. They enable you to do a lot of really cool things, but...well, I said my piece.
Do what you will, but know the first thing I'll probably do with Apparello 3.0 is strip it of dependencies.  ;D
Cheers.
p.s. I can't for the life of me figure out how you did the custom categories. I copied everything line for line and I just get errors. Is there more to it than just the Cats! file?
#StopPluginAbuse

Shinzy

Quote from: Deimos Rast on September 04, 2016, 01:42:41 PM
-Snip snap-

Well since you put it that way :p
I should probably wait using CCL until the game has been officially released and the content updates won't be monthly
I'm sure few quality of life improvements can wait ;D

anyway! I'm still polishing up other bits and aspects of the mod that I've found out needing some more love based on feedback and my own very short playthrough with it

Oh and could you please pm me about the category thing and show the errors and stuff, so I can better tell what you missed

Deimos Rast

wait, you're not going to go tell me to pound salt and you actually read what I wrote? That...doesn't usually happen. I'll admit I'm a bit of a mad dog barking in the wind and you're free to do what you want, but I spend a lot of time picking over old mods, so it's a trend I see time and again.
Yeah, I'll PM you the errors when I'm at the right computer in a few.
Cheers.
#StopPluginAbuse

Matusiak

Shinzy

Quote from: Matusiak on September 07, 2016, 05:13:13 AM
Please Shinzy give us your clothes  ;) ;)

Noooo pleeease they're the only ones I have and I'm still wearing them

I am polishing this thing for proper a15 version but I have so many irons in the fire that ugh

This version does work on a15 though, it might give a complaint about being wrong version but beyond that, there's not much that changed in the code between 14 to 15

Trigon

Well that's good news. I'll have to test it out then.

Thundercraft

I do like adding more variety to apparel just for the sake of adding variety. But... is there a list somewhere of the apparel with augmentation? I'd appreciate it if I could see a list of which items give a stat boost and what gets boosted.

Shinzy

Quote from: Thundercraft on December 01, 2016, 02:22:32 AM
I do like adding more variety to apparel just for the sake of adding variety. But... is there a list somewhere of the apparel with augmentation? I'd appreciate it if I could see a list of which items give a stat boost and what gets boosted.

it's so much woooork Thundercraaaft!
But seriously it's been on my to do list forever. Sadly modding hasn't been the top priority on that liiiiist, but I'm tryna do such a list for when I hafta update the thing for a16 (cause I'll likely have to go through all the stats one by one anyhow by then)

For clothing mod with way more clarity I can recommend FashionRimsta!
or or then you'll have to memorize everything in elephantine memory for now like I've done! :-[

joaonunes

Quote from: Shinzy on December 01, 2016, 06:07:22 PM
*snip*

For clothing mod with way more clarity I can recommend FashionRimsta!
or or then you'll have to memorize everything in elephantine memory for now like I've done! :-[

I love your mod, but FashionRimsta actually looks cool, more variety is always nice, kinda bored of watching half my colonists with the same or very similar jackets :P
Most items are kinda logical in what type of buff they give, it's the "generic" ones that can cause some confusion, but should be fairly easy to understand what they do.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Thundercraft

Q1: Why don't you link the Steam version in your OP? That would make it much easier to find...

Q2: Is there a difference between the version in the Mediafire download in your OP and the Steam version?

I'm asking Q2 because Mediafire says the file was uploaded on "2016-07-20" and Steam says it was updated "Sep 11". Also, the Steam description mentions this:
QuoteChangelog 24th July
- Renamed OSHA standards research to 'Safety standards'
- Added new player faction (Community) for use in scenario editor
- Medic's bandana doesn't inherit the ugly cloth colour when crafted anymore

In contrast, the OP for this thread only says this:
Quote from: Shinzy on July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AMChangelog
Apparello v2.0.6
------------------
Changes - Tribal outfits can be crafted with it's own research and the tribal scenario starts with said tech
??? I'm confused.

Shinzy

ohhh dang! that was such a minor update I must've forgotten about it
Apparello A15
That's the steam version one, I'll add it to the op aswell

Good job spotting that Thund :p

Thundercraft

Quote from: Shinzy on December 01, 2016, 06:07:22 PM
Quote from: Thundercraft on December 01, 2016, 02:22:32 AM
...is there a list somewhere of the apparel with augmentation?

it's so much woooork Thundercraaaft!
But seriously it's been on my to do list forever.

As someone who did compile a list, I can attest that you are correct: It's so much woooork! ;D
I lost count of the hours (days?) I spent on this... but at least it's done.

I started by examining the mod files and compiling a sort of database with Notepad. Then I typed it all up in a neat spreadsheet. Next, I asked someone to create a page on the wiki for Apparello. And then (after finally finding an email addy the wiki would accept) I edited it. Check it out:
http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Apparello_(mod)

I used this tab2wiki online tool to convert my spreadsheet data into a MediaWiki table. Though, I had to tweak it with formatting techniques to make it look ideal.

Mainly, I wanted to do it this way so I could create a huge table with sortable columns. You can click on each column's header to sort the entire table by whatever category you like. Want to sort Apparello's clothes by TribalTrader or OutlanderTrader tags, to see which items should be available from certain traders? You can do that! Want to sort the table by the "Rachel Set" category to see which items belong to the group that buffs shooting? You can do that, too!

Attached below are my text and spreadsheet files:

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Shinzy

HeroinĂ³mano34

to much things for one single table.

why not add craft for all things?.

actually i use 6 tables ) for tailoring works