[1.2] Apparello v2.2.2 Dawn of newer deluxier edition [02/03/2021]

Started by Shinzy, July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Quote from: Ouan on October 15, 2014, 12:47:06 PM
*cut the text out!*

I'll have the hex-cell's able to be harvested from the power armors again for the next update (I had so little time playing with the mod when I was updating it so there's some silly bits =P I've noticed how painfully rare they are on my own playthrough) But I really like the schematics being rare
It felt all the more exciting when I got my first schematic! ;D

But I'll definately make the hex-cells craftable again (and stackable!)
the devilstrand gear seems to be really high defence as is in the game
so I think I'll keep the schematic armor more of a luck based 'collectibles' (Maybe! I do like to change my mind every so often!)

And I did disable a lot of crafting stuffs so things so you're not being silly and overlooking anything! =P
it was just more convenient for me to update this that way, sorry! ;D

I've been trying to get my bearings with how this alpha works by playing it so I could balance my mod bit better
So I'm real glad you took the time to write all that text! That said - Yooouuu totally have the chance to request any kind of specific hat for the next update for that
(Hats are really fast and easy to make ;P)

MisterLock

Quote from: Shinzy on October 15, 2014, 01:52:00 PM
Quote from: Ouan on October 15, 2014, 12:47:06 PM
*cut the text out!*

I'll have the hex-cell's able to be harvested from the power armors again for the next update (I had so little time playing with the mod when I was updating it so there's some silly bits =P I've noticed how painfully rare they are on my own playthrough) But I really like the schematics being rare
It felt all the more exciting when I got my first schematic! ;D

But I'll definately make the hex-cells craftable again (and stackable!)
the devilstrand gear seems to be really high defence as is in the game
so I think I'll keep the schematic armor more of a luck based 'collectibles' (Maybe! I do like to change my mind every so often!)

And I did disable a lot of crafting stuffs so things so you're not being silly and overlooking anything! =P
it was just more convenient for me to update this that way, sorry! ;D

I've been trying to get my bearings with how this alpha works by playing it so I could balance my mod bit better
So I'm real glad you took the time to write all that text! That said - Yooouuu totally have the chance to request any kind of specific hat for the next update for that
(Hats are really fast and easy to make ;P)

Any ETA on the new update?
Can I make a few requests for hats since you talked about how easy they are to make?Maybe add a Baseball Cap hat you know?It could have a bonus to improved hit chance...really minor though.
A security guard hat could also be good...I guess if it isn't a security guard just a police cap could be good(that would require some sort of police uniform,but not all that necessary)
Do you know about the spanish conquistador's?Having some sort of medieval outfits would be awesome,Including the Metal hat worn by the conquistador's and even a Knight helmet(Knight armour could serve as a primitive version of the power armour)
Also any plans on giving the vanilla textile bench the ability to make dusters and jacket's?Also any to bring back the washing machine and this time actually give it a GUI selection color?It gets really bland just having all your guy's in either Light Blue(Synthread),Dark blue(Hiperwave) and Red(Devilstrand)
To each his own.

Shinzy

Quote from: MisterLock on October 15, 2014, 03:50:36 PM
*Surgical cleaver strike to cut the text*

I'm adding quite a few more materials to mend the color situation
(black, gray, orange, green, pinkish, purple, light red, yellow and dark yellow)

All of those hats you mentioned will be there eventually =P Conquistador helm is something I've been wanting to do for a while now actually!
any ETA I can give is probably next week =P That's when I've got lot of free time
I do have most of the graphic parts done for the next update, so in theory I *could* plop out an update right tomorrow but.. I just got my grasp on Legend of Grimrock II ;D

aaand I have tons of sideprojects cause I keep getting ideas left and right, hehe
so sometime next week is the safe one to promise an update
And the washing machine is dead to me!

Killaim

well a hat with a stuffed boomrat on it seems obvious to me

gives the colonist a chance to explode on death.

who wouldent want such a hat.

Minus

Also any plans on giving the vanilla textile bench the ability to make dusters and jacket's?
I was about to get this mod assuming it did that. That's all I really want, a tailor's bench that's not only useful for hats. I'll wait for an update and hope you add that in. Though it sounds like you've got quite a lot of the old mod to add in already... Would a seperate mod that only added in Dusters and jackets still be compatible with this? If so, I'll just make the mod myself.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

Shinzy

Quote from: Minus on October 16, 2014, 02:16:05 AM
Also any plans on giving the vanilla textile bench the ability to make dusters and jacket's?
Would a seperate mod that only added in Dusters and jackets still be compatible with this? If so, I'll just make the mod myself.
That wouldn't be too hard to make happen at all, and it wouldn't clash with this either! :D

Only reason I didn't put any recipes in the vanilla tailor bench is cause I wanted to avoid touching the vanilla stuff to avoid possible future compatibility issues with other mods that might use the table for their stuff

Ofcourse now there's the Jellies Recipe Nurse tool, which would allow me to inject the recipes in it without overwriting the vanilla table!
But I still haven't managed to check out how it actually works ;D

I will hold you to making it yourself if I don't! so watch it!

skullywag

Think adding recipes to core tables is all good for A8. Tynans added some way of doing this. So if you go with nurse tool now you'll be redoing it again for A8, not too much work but worth thinking on.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Shinzy

Quote from: skullywag on October 16, 2014, 08:37:15 AM
Think adding recipes to core tables is all good for A8. Tynans added some way of doing this. So if you go with nurse tool now you'll be redoing it again for A8, not too much work but worth thinking on.
The way I've seen the alphas go
I'll likely have to rework everything anyway so might just aswell, right? =P
but I'll think about this all when I've done everything else I wanan do

skullywag

Once I've updated mine consider me a dumping ground for tedious xml updates. I imagine you'll have a few lol. Id be happy to help.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Minus

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

Shinzy

Quote from: Minus on October 17, 2014, 06:39:08 AM
Quote from: Shinzy on October 16, 2014, 03:59:04 AM
I will hold you to making it yourself if I don't! so watch it!
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6929.0
Did it! The vanilla tailor's bench is now twice as useful!
Wuhu! imma not bother adding dusters and other stuff on the vanilla bench in Apparello until alpha 8 then!

Damien Hart

Considering this just adds new stuff, it (and your hair mod, for that matter) should be save compatible, right?

I was gonna wait, but the longer my latest colony lasts, the more I want to keep playing it.  ::)

Shinzy

Quote from: Damien Hart on October 18, 2014, 04:29:50 AM
Considering this just adds new stuff, it (and your hair mod, for that matter) should be save compatible, right?

I was gonna wait, but the longer my latest colony lasts, the more I want to keep paying it.  ::)

Shouldn't break anything if you add this midgame!
just remember to set your apparel/items stockpiles to accept the new items
(new stuff will be defaulted to denied whenever new mod is enabled)

Damien Hart

Quote from: Shinzy on October 18, 2014, 05:51:36 AM
Quote from: Damien Hart on October 18, 2014, 04:29:50 AM

I was gonna wait, but the longer my latest colony lasts, the more I want to keep paying it.  ::)

Shouldn't break anything if you add this midgame!
just remember to set your apparel/items stockpiles to accept the new items
(new stuff will be defaulted to denied whenever new mod is enabled)

Awesome, cheers.

Btw, I'd love to see some ancient greek and/or roman themed clothing and armour at some point.  ;D

Igabod

I see a need for miner themed headgear. The hardhat just doesn't quite do it. A miners headlamp that increases mining speed would be nice. It doesn't even have to actually light the room up since that's not possible without a .dll file. Mainly I just want to be able to tell my miner apart from my construction worker at a glance.

Also, a farmers hat would be a nice addition.

And a chef hat would top it all off for me.