Infinite crafting resource use

Started by gmastern, February 16, 2015, 11:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmastern

Not sure is this is already a thread, but I thought I'd post it anyway. Whenever I try to get my colonists to craft an item out of anything except wood, steel, or stone the colonist proceeds to use all of said resource. Ex. I make a bill that states that a colonist should make a gold sculpture. Instead of hauling the normal amount a sculpture would need, the colonist brings every single piece of gold in my stockpiles to the sculpting table and uses every piece at once to make a sculpture. Before I realized what was happening, my colonist created a sculpture out of about 1400+ pieces of gold.  :P Again, I'm sorry if this is already a thread. (No mods, btw)
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind... unless Tynan adds in prosthetics."
-Ghandi

Apophis

You should read the description that is next to the bill. Gold/silver/uranium needs more resources to make a statue/weapon.

gmastern

Lol ok thanks, I just found that out today from watching Tynan's video on the Ludeon Blog. Thanks for your help, though!
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind... unless Tynan adds in prosthetics."
-Ghandi