[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

MightyGooga

Hello again, fellow Rimwolrdians.

Came back to the mod after ammo requirements were implemented. Can I ask you guys a couple of questions about it? Hopefully someone might point me in the right direction.

1 - How do you get your guys to keep carrying ammo? I got some arrows on my stockpile but people wont get them for somereason. The same thing happens with rifles, as soon as they are out of ammo, they dont go to the stockpile to get more.

2 - How do you know each ammo to produce for each weapon? Is there a list somewhere to facilitate that understanding?

Thanks for the help.

sidfu

Quote from: gustavoghe on December 24, 2016, 02:59:05 PM

Came back to the mod after ammo requirements were implemented. Can I ask you guys a couple of questions about it? Hopefully someone might point me in the right direction.

1 - How do you get your guys to keep carrying ammo? I got some arrows on my stockpile but people wont get them for somereason. The same thing happens with rifles, as soon as they are out of ammo, they dont go to the stockpile to get more.

2 - How do you know each ammo to produce for each weapon? Is there a list somewhere to facilitate that understanding?

Thanks for the help.

there is a menu for it u can assign everything form armor to specific weapons including ammo.

what each weapon takes should be in its info

MightyGooga

Quote from: sidfu on December 24, 2016, 03:53:05 PM

Thanks for the help.

there is a menu for it u can assign everything form armor to specific weapons including ammo.

Thanks for that.

But the thing is, why wont they reload themselves or keep a small amount of the ammo their weapon requires? Whe you use assign tab, you cant for instance quick change the weapon they are carrying to a melee weapon. There is no equip any button, so whenever i need them to go melee i have to create a specific loadout.

I though there must be a way to facilitate the already complicated equipment aspect of the game. So this is what Im asking. Is there any tool that Im missing so i dont have to create a specific loadout for every single weapon in the game?

Thanks

sidfu

Quote from: gustavoghe on December 25, 2016, 03:56:34 PM
Quote from: sidfu on December 24, 2016, 03:53:05 PM

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for that.

But the thing is, why wont they reload themselves or keep a small amount of the ammo their weapon requires? Whe you use assign tab, you cant for instance quick change the weapon they are carrying to a melee weapon. There is no equip any button, so whenever i need them to go melee i have to create a specific loadout.

I though there must be a way to facilitate the already complicated equipment aspect of the game. So this is what Im asking. Is there any tool that Im missing so i dont have to create a specific loadout for every single weapon in the game?

Thanks

u can set it up around weapon types but that is to much work and limiting.
u have 2 choices u either manually keep track or u set up a assign for each individual person. i do  per individual person.

1. go into assign now click on the edit and create new load out(weapons) and name it for the person to use the weapon loadout
2. set them a melee and a ranged if u plan for them to do both.
3. when u set a ranged weapon on the load out click the little ammo button next to the ranged weapon it give u a list of all ammo types that weapon can use(even ones u don't have so make sure u have ammo of that type) enter the amount and they will always maintain that amount of ammo.
4. the weight and bulk it shows doesn't take backpacks or cloths adding so u have to compare too the person u making the load out for.
5. remember u can put away weapons so u don't have to carry it all time. put away just puts it in back pack but still carries it.
6. tools can also be set. if u say have a builder who mines when nothing to build if u set both tools in the load out they will auto switch between the tools for the job.( remember it wont auto switch to normal gun just for tools for jobs)
7. biggest thing remember clothes and weapons are 2 different assignments so u have 1 load out for clothes and 1 for weapons.

it may seem like a chore to make each persons weapon load out individually but it takes around 15sec to make so don't take long and its good so that u can have the right tools on people.
remember melee weapons go into  3 damage catgores.
1. high damage low pentration(slashing type weapons aka swords and axes)
2. medium damge high pentration(spear and thrust type weapons)
3. low damage blunt damge that ignores armor.

Griffith

Hey Skyark, been a huge fan on this modpack for definitely over a year now. Probably close to two, when can we expect the next major update? (A15 or A16?). I know it takes a considerable amount of time to do. Thanks man!

zipqun

Quote from: Griffith on December 25, 2016, 11:25:41 PM
Hey Skyark, been a huge fan on this modpack for definitely over a year now. Probably close to two, when can we expect the next major update? (A15 or A16?). I know it takes a considerable amount of time to do. Thanks man!

+1, when ? : c  i everyday checking the forum and have hope its that day that they will update from A14 to A16 :C

sidfu

it will take a while as he needs another mod to update and also he has alot of work so dont expect it soon.

skyarkhangel

Hello i'am still working, need about  ~1-2 weeks more. Already runs on a16.

MightyGooga

@Sidfu

Dude, you totally made my day! Thanks a lot for detailing how to work the assing button. I figured out that I could have a melee and ranged weapon on the same loadout, but all the other tips are awsome. Cant wait to get back from work to play this.

One thing only, you know how you get all sorts of diferent weapons from raids? When you have 20 colonists its kind of hard to be "assigning" them to the weapons and ammo you have available. Nevertheless, you got me beleiving this is a nice to have mechanic. Im sure it will improve. My suggestion would be to clusterize ammo types, and balance the micromangement a little bit.

@Sky

Take your time, this is a masterpice modpack, cant play the game without it, so please just have fun while doing it, so you can keep on doing it, so we can keep on playing it :)

Once again thanks for the great job.

ps: Yes, its xmas and I felt like thanking a lot.

sidfu

Quote from: gustavoghe on December 26, 2016, 09:57:06 AM
@Sidfu

Dude, you totally made my day! Thanks a lot for detailing how to work the assing button. I figured out that I could have a melee and ranged weapon on the same loadout, but all the other tips are awsome. Cant wait to get back from work to play this.

One thing only, you know how you get all sorts of diferent weapons from raids? When you have 20 colonists its kind of hard to be "assigning" them to the weapons and ammo you have available. Nevertheless, you got me beleiving this is a nice to have mechanic. Im sure it will improve. My suggestion would be to clusterize ammo types, and balance the micromangement a little bit.

@Sky

Take your time, this is a masterpice modpack, cant play the game without it, so please just have fun while doing it, so you can keep on doing it, so we can keep on playing it :)

Once again thanks for the great job.

ps: Yes, its xmas and I felt like thanking a lot.

what u do is the peo0ple that use tools give them specific profiles the ones that dont use tools u make a generic profile.

what u do for the ammo is figure out which type of ammo u use the most say fmj or such and have it be the common ammo for that weapon.

most ammo has 2+ types just like real life ammo. whats gonna happen is till u ccan make your own guns and ammo u have to take what u get.

a good thing to do is the ones u need a specific assignment for tool use have them be the ones to use specal ammo and all others be single type

Griffith

Quote from: skyarkhangel on December 26, 2016, 05:36:36 AM

Oh, you're amazing. Is that the github version or?
Keep up the amazing work man

sidfu

Quote from: Griffith on December 26, 2016, 11:28:04 AM
Quote from: skyarkhangel on December 26, 2016, 05:36:36 AM

Oh, you're amazing. Is that the github version or?
Keep up the amazing work man
git is always the most updated and he hasnt put it up yet.

@sky if u need others to help u find errors u can post a build and ill help u test.

Xeldrakka

Whoever appeals the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themselves without the law is both. For a wounded man should say unto his assailant "If I live, I will kill you, but if I die you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

skyarkhangel

We have own blackjack and hookers! xD
https://pp.vk.me/c637319/v637319847/22cd7/QYFrOKRmezU.jpg
I would'nt release this as a separate mod, for some reason.