[A17] Enhanced Development - Poll About Steam A18

Started by Jaxxa, April 16, 2016, 02:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Steam Workshop Mods have a separate entries for each Alpha Release or a single entry that gets updated?

After the Official Release update the existing Entry of mods to the new release
47 (59.5%)
Create a new Mod Entry for each Alpha
32 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

asquirrel

Thanks Jaxxa!  Really looking forward to using your mods on A17.  No pressure.  I'll just keep an eye on this thread and update when you update it.    In the meantime I can keep using A16. :)

canning

Hey, thanks for telling us Jaxxa. 

its no small point to say your mods are a primary factor in me not playing 17 yet, lol love what you have here.

but id rather see that you get your rest and heal up, then update the mods when your really ready!  have a good week and rest well.

Also, when your ready to, as response to your question.. i personaly favor these mods the most.

Most favored going from top down.

ED-Shields
ED-PersonalNanoShields
ED-ReinforcedStuff
ED-Embrasures
ED-SafeTraps
ED-OmniGel

Also, i have not been around for about 4 updates.. is ED-SubspaceTransponder not needed anymore? if i had to choose, it would be in the top three... but i get the impression that sense its not updated past 14 there is a reason for it? or has no one simply asked.

Jaxxa

Quote from: C0pper on May 28, 2017, 11:51:58 AM

No problem, feel free to release it if you want, just giving credit, although OmniGel and Cheat reactor will be in the first group that I update.

Quote from: asquirrel on May 28, 2017, 01:20:33 PM
Thanks Jaxxa!  Really looking forward to using your mods on A17.  No pressure.  I'll just keep an eye on this thread and update when you update it.    In the meantime I can keep using A16. :)

Thanks glad you are liking the mods. I should have some of them done soon.

Quote from: canning on May 28, 2017, 03:21:38 PM
Hey, thanks for telling us Jaxxa. 

its no small point to say your mods are a primary factor in me not playing 17 yet, lol love what you have here.

but id rather see that you get your rest and heal up, then update the mods when your really ready!  have a good week and rest well.

Also, when your ready to, as response to your question.. i personaly favor these mods the most.

Most favored going from top down.

ED-Shields
ED-PersonalNanoShields
ED-ReinforcedStuff
ED-Embrasures
ED-SafeTraps
ED-OmniGel

Also, i have not been around for about 4 updates.. is ED-SubspaceTransponder not needed anymore? if i had to choose, it would be in the top three... but i get the impression that sense its not updated past 14 there is a reason for it? or has no one simply asked.
Glad you like the mods.

As for ED-SubspaceTransponder, mainly no one requested it, although I suppose that someone has now. :)
There is not as much as a need now as there was for it previously. Since A14 we have gotten land traders that we can trade things to as well as the ability to send out own caravans out to trade with other factions. Although none of those are reasons why it couldn't come back. Maybe change it to need you to tribute things for free to them so that they show up.

pktongrimworld

Canute

QuoteAs for ED-SubspaceTransponder, mainly no one requested it, although I suppose that someone has now. :)
There is not as much as a need now as there was for it previously. Since A14 we have gotten land traders that we can trade things to as well as the ability to send out own caravans out to trade with other factions. Although none of those are reasons why it couldn't come back. Maybe change it to need you to tribute things for free to them so that they show up.
1. Orbital trader got a bigger wallet :-)
2. Serveral mods add special orbital traders only (robot trader MISC)
3. Orbital trader don't get attacked when a manhunter pack or raid appear at the same time.

Devilizer

Hope you get well soon :)
For me it's all about the shields and laserdrills :)

MisterVertigo

Quote from: Devilizer on May 29, 2017, 03:55:17 AM
Hope you get well soon :)
For me it's all about the shields and laserdrills :)
A +1 for the LaserDrills here! Take care!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Platonov555

Pleeeeeease hurry, pretty pretty pretty please. :D :D :D I can't play this game without your mods. Sitting here burning to play new Alpha. Your mods add absolutely essential stuff.

Thanks for your work!

Lethe

Sorry to hear you're unwell, hope you're feeling better! No pressure, mate. Take all the time you need. Your health > game.

blackysun

any update? i know ur not feeling well but its now quite a while .. just 3 mods are important (stuff wich should allready in game tbh)

shields, laserdrill and planet24H

these are the best and i realy cannot play without these ...

Jaxxa

Thanks for the well wishes. Feeling better now.

I am done with first with the first group of updates, containing the following mods:

ED-CheatReactor
ED-Embrasures
ED-LaserDrill
ED-Shields
ED-ReverseCycleCooler
ED-OmniGel
ED-ReinforcedStuff

As always if you have any feedback let me know.

Platonov555

yay yay yay, thank you

PS. and yeah, get well and all that (cause we need you to work on mods)  ;D ;D ;D

C0pper

Quote from: Jaxxa on June 04, 2017, 12:49:42 AM
Thanks for the well wishes. Feeling better now.

I am done with first with the first group of updates, containing the following mods:

ED-CheatReactor
ED-Embrasures
ED-LaserDrill
ED-Shields
ED-ReverseCycleCooler
ED-OmniGel
ED-ReinforcedStuff

As always if you have any feedback let me know.
First of: THANKS SO FREAKING MUCH!
And good that you got better!

Now on to my question;
Snooping around in your mods i came across a line of text in the Buildings_Temerature.xml in your reverse cooler mod.

What does " <fillPercent>1</fillPercent> " mean and do?
Seen it a few other times in other such things, did some googling, but found no actual answer...

2nd question: How can i increase the effectiveness of the Reverse cooler?
Would like to make it so there is a Mk2 and Mk3 with respective researches with much much more powerful coolers.
Would also make a Mk4-cheat just to be in the line of some of the mods i already got :P

Devilizer