Couple questions I can't find answers to...

Started by Robb, May 02, 2017, 07:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robb

When a person develops immunity to a disease like the plague or malaria, does that mean they are immune to just that instance or is it a life long immunity?

I'm trying to figure out if there is a pattern or priority to what raiders attack first. Seems kind of random to me so far. What I wanted to do is place some gold horseshoe pins out in front of my turrets. Hoping the bait would draw them to it while I spray them with bullets. Would rather not waste the materials if I'm wrong, so wondering if anyone has tried something similar.

I also have an ancient danger nearby, partly buried into a mountain. If I claim the section I can see, will raiders attack it? I would rather they soften up whatever is inside before I take it on.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Edixo

Quote from: Robb on May 02, 2017, 07:12:18 PM
When a person develops immunity to a disease like the plague or malaria, does that mean they are immune to just that instance or is it a life long immunity?

I'm trying to figure out if there is a pattern or priority to what raiders attack first. Seems kind of random to me so far. What I wanted to do is place some gold horseshoe pins out in front of my turrets. Hoping the bait would draw them to it while I spray them with bullets. Would rather not waste the materials if I'm wrong, so wondering if anyone has tried something similar.

I also have an ancient danger nearby, partly buried into a mountain. If I claim the section I can see, will raiders attack it? I would rather they soften up whatever is inside before I take it on.

Thanks in advance for any replies
- I've only had colonists get sick with the same illness twice, but I believe it's just that one instance
- Raiders attack security such as turrets or sandbags, and doors between them and the rest of the base, first
- Sadly I think that's impossible, but would be very cool it possible.
Nothing says "Home Security" like 50 turrets

Toast

Quote from: Robb on May 02, 2017, 07:12:18 PM

It's possible. A sapper may attack the wall in an attempt to reach your base even if you have not claimed the walls for yourself. This happened in my current game and the raid was rewarded with a facefull of hot centipede inferno.  ;D  But I don't think there's really anything you can do to encourage this unless every other possible path into your base is covered in turrets (sappers path away from them). And if you have that many turrets, you can kill whatever's inside yourself. So... you kind of just have to get lucky.

Be aware also that stray bullets fired between raiders and mechs may pop open any cryptocaskets inside, potentially exposing any living inhabitants to dismemberment or death, a bummer if you hoped to recruit them.