The dumbest thing you ever did in RimWorld.

Started by Dr. Z, June 10, 2015, 06:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Euzio

Quite a few moments. Though all were mostly when I first started playing this game and did not know some of the mechanics involved.

The first was when I thought that friendly fire did not exactly exist and I could position my colonists in front of turrets to take on raiders. Ended up being a massacre of both sides with the turrets winning (Rise of the Machines...)

The second was when I thought that sandbags would provide cover from explosions so I lined my colonists behind my turrets to take on a group of raiders who were dive bombing my turrets. Chain explosion from the destroyed turrets ended up incapacitating or killing most of my colonists....

In both instances, I reloaded the save :P

Lady Wolf

Quote from: Euzio on June 12, 2015, 04:22:16 AM
In both instances, I reloaded the save :P

That is one (of the many) things I do love about this game, being able to save/load anytime/where is a real boon, especially when first learning how to play.

Granted playing it "as is" and never reloading after a screw up seem to be the intended way to play, (and is usually more fun that way I've found,) but it's nice not to have it forced upon you like some other games do.  ;D