Grave visitations

Started by TheNewNo2, September 06, 2015, 09:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNewNo2

I noticed in Alpha 12 that colonists will sometimes visit graves. That seems reasonable enough, except they're visiting the graves I dug to stick my enemies in, and I can't think of a good reason why a colonist would visit the grave of someone who tried to kill them.

Perhaps colonists should only visit colonist graves.

GamerGuy

There laughing at how weak and easy they were...

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

I would think that if a prisoner was turned into a colonist they might visit the graves if dead faction members from the same raid party but then I had someone didn't even see them visit them
In the end, we all make the same leather hats.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: Stone_enderman on September 06, 2015, 11:06:17 AM
I would think that if a prisoner was turned into a colonist they might visit the graves if dead faction members from the same raid party but then I had someone didn't even see them visit them

This can be more annoying when said graves are completely on the other side of the map and a raid happens while they're chilling out at the graveyard and nearly get killed trying to come back home.

As I see it from the story stand point the colonists visit the graves as a reminder of "that raid in which the colony nearly died and we were forced to take lives to protect our own." The kind of thing they do to remind themselves why spending so much silver and resources on all those gun turrets, body armor, and charge rifles is really necessary.

b0rsuk

This is most likely an oversight, judging by what Tynan says in the Alpha12 release video.
Also, colonist visit even the graves that were there before they joined. You know, graves of people they had no chance to meet.

StorymasterQ

Surely, it's because the colonists don't have toilets.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

harkov

This is the reason I started digging up enemy graves once I build a crematorium. It makes no sense unless they dance on the grave ;-)

FMJ Penguin

Quote from: StorymasterQ on September 06, 2015, 09:41:28 PM

Man....., that one really hit the funny bone there. Cheeks hurt a bit even.  ;D

Thinkin the grave visitation may be a little more interesting if and when we get some thought logs for colonists. Assuming that would be part of relations system if it ever does happen. Then you could see just how twisted they REALLY are. Donno if I wanna know honestly haha.
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

Bob_Namg

Quote from: FMJ Penguin on September 07, 2015, 05:49:42 AM
Quote from: StorymasterQ on September 06, 2015, 09:41:28 PM

Man....., that one really hit the funny bone there. Cheeks hurt a bit even.  ;D

Thinkin the grave visitation may be a little more interesting if and when we get some thought logs for colonists. Assuming that would be part of relations system if it ever does happen. Then you could see just how twisted they REALLY are. Donno if I wanna know honestly haha.
Why wouldn't there be a relations system?
"Hon hon hon"
-Anonymous, France