Game crashes

Started by Angiel, August 26, 2015, 05:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angiel

Hi,
The alpha 12 keeps crashing on me :(. i have these crashes folders and i don't know how to send them. do i post them here? i upload them on some website and post the link here? or by email?

Thanks in advance for the help.
edit:
i have attached the newest crash report with the newest alpha 12c, cuz i guess here is as good as any place to post them
i have deleted the files in the config folder like i saw tynan told in that black screen post, and when i started the game it was fine, the second time i started the game it crashed.
Can you please help me :)?

[attachment deleted due to age]

Coenmcj

G'day!

By the looks of things you're getting a few Def-linked translation errors. I think the Romanian Translation might not be complete, Could you try running in another Familiar language and see if it works then?
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Angiel

yeah i saw that romanian translation is not complete, it is a third in romanian a third in german and a third in english lol. i changed it back to english cuz my brain will melt trying to read 3 languages at the same time. It is an improvement as in it doesn't crash as soon as i load the colony like it did before, but i still got a crash and it happened while i alt-tab trying to answer a skype call.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Coenmcj

Oh jeez, that must of been a bit confusing with 3 different languages.

the <RI.Hid> (iirc) line is something to do with RawInput, so it might be whatever you're using as a controller (XB360 or PS4 controller, etc.) is causing this.
Try unplugging any extra controllers you've got in, and hopefully that should fix it. :)

Edit ; Quick google search, Apparently it's a Unity thing.
It mentions that the <RawInput.HumanInterfaceDevice>  errors might be caused by any HID compliant device, for example... Your mouse and/or keyboard, plus any USB connections.
Only thing I could really suggest here is disconnecting any extra stuff and hoping for the best, hopefully someone has a better solution, sorry. :/

Angiel

Thank you so much for your help in the first place.
I am running on a laptop so the only usb devices i have is my mouse and my cooler stand. which both are pretty much important to play games on my laptop :D. so i guess i will just try to manage it like this. i haven't had crashes since the one i posted last. but i also didn't do much of multitasking while in the game :D. it might be also from windows 10 since it's new and all. cuz i was not having any crashes problems in win 8.1.

Coenmcj

Well best of luck! Sorry I couldn't help out here. :)