Guard Patrols

Started by Elixiar, November 20, 2016, 06:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elixiar

Yeah, technically they are sort of pointless since we have global vision but hear me out.

Assign a colonist to 'guard'. It is super low priority after research.
Having colonists on patrol provides +3/ +5/ +10 to mood boost for having other colonists feel safer.
A mental outbreak is automatically rushed to by colonists on guard, and they can also arrest easier.

It's just something to do for that rich useless guy who only shoots things really. Instead of him waste resources doing absolutely nothing.
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

keylocke

+1 on this.

i think guards should also attack nearby predators lurking near the home area.

schizmo

I especially like this idea for large colonies where it takes a long time to get from one side of the map to the other, having guards posted near the edge of the colony would help prevent the raider wave from overwhelming the defenses before colonists arrive to help defend. Colonists on guard duty could also function as look-outs, giving the colony advanced warning of an incoming raid before the raiders appear on the map, something similar to the warning you get when a wanderer calls out over the radio that they're being chased

A Friend

Have guards accompany people outside home zones.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Mikhail Reign

I figured pawns on guard duty would get a slow burn improvement to their shooting &/or melee stats to represent training.

MarcTheMerc

I just want this so badly.
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

jmababa

Quote from: A Friend on November 22, 2016, 07:29:54 AM

I think you can do that in A16 since I think you can send caravans

schizmo

Quote from: jmababa on November 23, 2016, 02:08:02 AM
Quote from: A Friend on November 22, 2016, 07:29:54 AM

I think you can do that in A16 since I think you can send caravans

I believe he means the designated "home zone" on a map near buildings and structures claimed by the player

Elixiar

Quote from: keylocke on November 21, 2016, 11:21:22 AM
+1 on this.

i think guards should also attack nearby predators lurking near the home area.

Hey that's a really good idea. Hadn't thought of that!
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist