Faction Pictures

Started by Elixiar, May 10, 2016, 08:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elixiar

So the streams of allies and enemies are endless.
It would be cool if we could see a picture (Like a screenshot from gameplay but with roofs showing) of each colony type in each biome.

Theu don't have to be unique, just set images, if the tribals come from the desert, theres a desert town screenshot, from the forest, fires in the woods etc etc.

These could be well realised with outlander towns having fairly modern looking towns (Each has to high of course, spanning off the screen to show scale) and pirates could be shown with multiple starships to show that they have orbital drop capability.

I always personally like to image where they come from, and if there was something to look at on the faction window it would be really cool, even if its the same each time.
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

Shinzy

Where would you see these images during the game?

cultist

I agree the game could use a bit of graphics in certain places to compliment the flavor text.

b0rsuk

Quote from: Shinzy on May 10, 2016, 08:27:57 AM
Where would you see these images during the game?

Why, the Faction tab. And the Comms Console.

It's a good idea, and would help flesh out factions and give them flavor.

GarettZriwin

And messages, you know...

You are zerg rushed by Tribals, they are ling rushing immediately!

tribalsinstantattack.jpg on top/bottom.

Zombra

Neat idea, would spice things up a little.

cultist

I was kind of hoping it would be a bad MS paint doodle but the concept looks good.

Zombra

Season art style to taste, that was just the first image that came up in a search for "jungle pirates"  :)

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Zombra on May 10, 2016, 05:56:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/OQaqMIZ.jpg
With that image, I'd expect the dialog choices to include "NOT OK! VERY, NOT, OK!"
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here