[B18][Mod Updater] ModSync Ninja

Started by historic_os, July 16, 2017, 06:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightinggale

I think I got what went wrong. When clicking either of those two mods, it will take you to a post. Not the thread itself, but a specific post. Both happens to be on page 10 and the first post on page 10 is made by.... well take a guess  ;)
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Kiame

Sorry for not responding sooner. Been head down in my other mods...

To get the image preview will require an update within the game using the ModSync mod enabled.

In RW go to Mods and select the mod to update. On the right side there's a new button "Update on ModSync.ninja". Select that. In the new window you can leave everything as is and just enter the Security Key. Press the Confirm button at the bottom to finish.
This will not increment the version number thus no one will see it as a mod update.
Give the website about 5 minutes to update.

As for the problem with mismatched author we'll need to take a look at what's going on there.

dburgdorf

Quote from: Nightinggale on December 17, 2017, 10:26:31 PMI think I got what went wrong. When clicking either of those two mods, it will take you to a post. Not the thread itself, but a specific post. Both happens to be on page 10 and the first post on page 10 is made by.... well take a guess  ;)

That would explain it.  All of my mods link to posts within that thread, as the first post in the thread is just my "index" post. But it just happens that the first post on each of the other relevant pages was by me.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

kaptain_kavern

FYI: The link from the site to "Steam workshop item" is broken.

historic_os

Hey! sorry for the late response, been away.
@dburgdorf Sorry! thats not a bug, but a human error by me

Yes, the system does take the author with the verification message.
however, before this new update, we didn't store the author at all. so i needed to backfill authors for existing mods
since the verification couldn't be used for that(some may have removed it) i took the first author for that and missed the fact two of your mods gets another author.

This has nothing to do with the actual mod registration process and should never happen to new mods!
i'll have these mods reassigned to you in a minute.

@kaptain_kavern
What do you mean by that? you don't have a link at all or have a link that points to invalid page?
what mods are you checking, mods that have not ran the client update don't have steam metadata sent to the server.

Fluffy (l2032)

Two points;

Open source, please! :D I'd like to be able to contribute, but I don't have the schedule to actually be a 'core' contributor. You can make secrets environment variables on whatever machine runs the server, so you don't have to log them to a public repository.

Is the 'modder account' on the site linked up to anything yet? I've made an account but nothing appears to have happened, and I still have to add mods one-by-one?

frenchiveruti

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on December 18, 2017, 05:58:18 AM
Two points;

Open source, please! :D I'd like to be able to contribute, but I don't have the schedule to actually be a 'core' contributor. You can make secrets environment variables on whatever machine runs the server, so you don't have to log them to a public repository.

Is the 'modder account' on the site linked up to anything yet? I've made an account but nothing appears to have happened, and I still have to add mods one-by-one?
About the modder account, if I'm correct, once you are a "verified" modder, all the other mods can be uploaded in tandem wit the same secure key.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: historic_os on December 18, 2017, 04:20:48 AM
@kaptain_kavern
What do you mean by that? you don't have a link at all or have a link that points to invalid page?
what mods are you checking, mods that have not ran the client update don't have steam metadata sent to the server.

I mean from this page

Clicking on "Visit Steamworkshop" links to a broken URL

historic_os

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on December 18, 2017, 10:30:02 AM
Clicking on "Visit Steamworkshop" links to a broken URL
woops, good catch. the link in the main page is just a static link. ill update it

as for the trusted modder change, the list of changes to trusted modders from the change log:
Trusted authors:
- No longer require to verify any new mods they are adding
- Has a "master" mod key they can use instead of a mod secret for any mod they own
- Can modify mod data such as name and link (and are not restricted to a forum link)
- Can replace mod secret if needed
- Can remove mods by themselves in case of an error

Nightinggale

Quote from: Nightinggale on December 17, 2017, 03:25:03 PMCan I add the entire changelog? I mean upload 1.0, 1.1 etc. Will it mess up anything now that the newest is 1.6 and it should stay as 1.6?
I don't think I got an answer to this question and I would really like to know the answer.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

historic_os

sorry missed that one, nope you can for the first version just put the old logs you cant create an older version

Canute

Ok, a question/suggestion.
When you notice a mod got an update, you did download,delete and copied it over.
But didn't Rimworld need a restart to reload the new defs ?
Then a restart button would be nice.

SpaceDorf

yeap. rimworld needs to restart whenever defs are changed.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Nightinggale

Quote from: Canute on December 19, 2017, 02:53:27 AMThen a restart button would be nice.
I agree with that statement. It would be useful to have a button to restart the game. Vanilla has this:
// Verse.ModsConfig
public static void RestartFromChangedMods()
{
Find.WindowStack.Add(new Dialog_MessageBox("ModsChanged".Translate(), null, delegate
{
GenCommandLine.Restart();
}, null, null, null, false));
}

The easiest solution is to make a button, which calls RestartFromChangedMods. Alternatively copy paste the code and make the confirmation window say something more suitable, like not mentioning a detection of changed mods. It would be useful for both manual mod updating and mod development. In fact such a button could be very useful when using ModCheck patch profiling.

frenchiveruti

Quote from: Nightinggale on December 19, 2017, 12:34:37 PM
Quote from: Canute on December 19, 2017, 02:53:27 AMThen a restart button would be nice.
I agree with that statement. It would be useful to have a button to restart the game. Vanilla has this:
// Verse.ModsConfig
public static void RestartFromChangedMods()
{
Find.WindowStack.Add(new Dialog_MessageBox("ModsChanged".Translate(), null, delegate
{
GenCommandLine.Restart();
}, null, null, null, false));
}

The easiest solution is to make a button, which calls RestartFromChangedMods. Alternatively copy paste the code and make the confirmation window say something more suitable, like not mentioning a detection of changed mods. It would be useful for both manual mod updating and mod development. In fact such a button could be very useful when using ModCheck patch profiling.

That would be so useful per se. Sometimes I needed to just restart the game and it would be so nice to have it as a button.