Started by vagineer1, June 03, 2015, 10:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vagineer1

You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

akiceabear

I wish Obsidian was involved, at least with the story/quests/writing.

vagineer1

Quote from: akiceabear on June 03, 2015, 11:02:38 AM

We can only wait and see. Regardless, I am going to be preordering it.
You see this tank?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: akiceabear on June 03, 2015, 11:02:38 AM

Same for me. Fallout 3 had some interesting isolated setpieces here and there but Obsidian really did an amazing job with the world building in New Vegas.

Is there any info on what game engine it'll be? Did they finally make a new one or is it still Gamebryo?
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Coenmcj

War may never change, but this Fallout may be the best yet! :D
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

vagineer1

Quote from: Coenmcj on June 04, 2015, 12:47:09 AM

When I heard that famous quote I started to cry. I've watched Clannad, played the Walking Dead game by Telltale and none of them hold a candle to War... War never changes.
You see this tank?

Blizz

Woha; there has only been a trailer! :p

akiceabear

Quote from: Blizz on June 04, 2015, 04:49:30 PM

I'll reserve my judgment until I play it. I enjoyed Fallout 3 enough, but Fallout New Vegas was far better. Many may not realize the two were from different studios, and 4 will be the same team as 3, not NV.

Coenmcj

Quote from: Blizz on June 04, 2015, 04:49:30 PM

Aye, that it has, but when you've explored every little nook and cranny of the past 4 games, you just really want to get into another one, you know?

Plus I'm kinda excited to see the eastern side of America instead of the west, I'm curious to see how that progressed during the apocalypse.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Blizz

Quote from: akiceabear on June 04, 2015, 09:12:09 PM
I'll reserve my judgment until I play it. I enjoyed Fallout 3 enough, but Fallout New Vegas was far better. Many may not realize the two were from different studios, and 4 will be the same team as 3, not NV.

Definitely. Obsidian I don't think will want to work on another Bethesda IP to work on because they got shafted by not receiving royalties as they got a 84 score on metacritic when Bethesda said they'd receive them if they got 85. Really pathetic really.

But the games aren't for me; the hype machine is what killed both 3 and NV for myself.

MarcTheMerc

I enjoyed FONV but Fallout 3 will always hold a place in my heart :)
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Blizz on June 04, 2015, 11:00:12 PM
Obsidian I don't think will want to work on another Bethesda IP to work on because they got shafted by not receiving royalties as they got a 84 score on metacritic when Bethesda said they'd receive them if they got 85. Really pathetic really.

From what I heard it actually went further and Obsidian actually handed the game to Bethesda for QA, who then didn't actually do anything. As a result, the game was released completely broken which in turn was the reason for all the "great game but really buggy" reviews the game got.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Of course, for those with lots of disk space to burn, RFCW was an awesome NV mod, especially if you have ALL the DLCs.  I especially liked that you could use most of the FO3 mods with it too (although it was better to use the NV versions of the same mods if available).

From what I hear (rumour mill, no official sources, I may have even dreamed it), Fallout 4 may use the ESO engine.  A new more powerful engine would be nice.  But then, they (Bethesda) also said Skyrim was a completely new engine and it was really the same crappy engine they've been shoring up since Morrowind and used in Oblivion, Fallout 3 as well as Fallout: NV.  The only thing they actually did was changed the script engine from the single thread frame-based VM to a threaded object-based VM.

They'll release it for consoles first though.  Feck that!  Consoles are for kiddies, GIVE ME A PC RELEASE!
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.