[Help Request] Metal Gear Solid mod: C# needed for non lethal weapons.

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 11:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicken Plucker

Hello, I have plans making a Diamond Dogs and XOF faction, though I wanna do the mod justice and make sure the Diamond Dogs get a non lethal unit, just like in the game "Metal Gear Solid V" where they have an elite unit solely for non lethal missions.

Please let me know if you could help, thanks so mucho

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: DiamondBorne on March 17, 2018, 12:57:59 PM
Obligatory "!"  :o

What was that noise? Whose footprints are these? Psycho mantis?

Hey I have a question for you, as an MGS fan, would you care at all if non lethal weapons weren't involved?

I don't wanna give up on making a mod because of this one missing feature, and I wanted to know if you personally wouldn't care if it wasn't included

DiamondBorne

You're that ninja...

What I have to say is, I care somewhat. While non-lethal options a definitive mechanic of Metal Gear series that sets it apart of all stealth-based game (well atleast since 2 that's it) My personal standard however, is low when it comes to modding. Not only it's free, modding is all about passion and I think it's rude to pressure modder to do this or that. And there're some gamers that just want to see or hear cheeky references from the game they loves even they don't get to experience the whole thing. But if you're the perfectionist type then you could make it an optional pack later because if you don't count the unarmed sleeper chokehold, there're only like 3 or 4 guns in the entire series. (Suppressed Beretta M9, S&W MK22, that WW2 single-shot pistol thing and a tranquilizer Mosin Nagant)

And remember. In Rimworld, Vegans becomes cannibals.  ;)

Cook The NightHunter

For the punishment of escaping my colony.
I hereby declare putting you in a abandon cave full of
rotting corpse and bugs without food or clothes until the upcoming spring.

Jaxxa

Nice Idea, What non lethal weapons do you see needing?

One issue with non lethal weapons is that because of the differences in the game mechanics between the games a 100% effective non lethal take down in Rimworld would be really valuable due to how the Storyteller balances the number of colonists that you have by deciding it Raiders die or just get knocked out.

What about the Fulton? Can we send people flying into the Sky? That could be cool.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: DiamondBorne on March 18, 2018, 02:32:13 PM
And remember. In Rimworld, Vegans becomes cannibals.  ;)

I'll have you know that its possible to avoid quitting veganism with soil mods that lets me eat nothing but rice

Also thank you for your feedback!

Quote from: Jaxxa on March 21, 2018, 10:00:56 PM
What about the Fulton? Can we send people flying into the Sky? That could be cool.

Just the pistol that fires tranquilizers and the beanbag shotgun, the "Not enough NLWs" mod sorts out the deaths I believe, I hope what Mehni fixed up, using the source, works

For fulton?! I will have to sacrifice my wallet to Jecrell, the coding overlord president general chief and commander prime minister queen for that kind of feature

Also I this just in, Mehni has helped me with coding for this, I will see to it that Diamond Doggos gets made!

Canute

QuoteAlso I this just in, Mehni has helped me with coding for this, I will see to it that Diamond Doggos gets made!
Let me guess.
He will create the ultimate Nonlethal capture sniper rifle.
He shout out special tranquilizer dart's with Geo-tracker (i don't say GPS because that planet don't got a satelite network for GPS).
Together with Transporter/Teleporter device the incap. target get beamed right into the prison barracks, get striped and dressed into prisoner outfit/straightjacket/slavenecklace.
But the big drawback is the hugh range cooldown of 5 hours. 1 fast shoot then the pawn need to use the buildin crank to recharge the device. :-)