[1.3] Crash Landing (v14.01) (04-08-2021)

Started by Katavrik, January 04, 2015, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katavrik

Quote from: NihilRex on April 28, 2015, 01:15:04 PM
Quote from: Katavrik on April 28, 2015, 03:54:24 AM
Version 3.00 released:
- Updated to Alpha 10.
- Reworked radiation damage. It become a staged injury.
- Still not compatible with EdB Prepare Carefully :(. There is a special link, to a compatible version, but only for easy mode.

On linux, I get graphics issues and the crash notification textboxes have weird names.

Video linked.

https://youtu.be/Gbdxek_uvNc

Sorry, but the video does not show gameplay. It freezes soon after the start.
I can hear sounds and see video from personal camera in the top right corner, but no gameplay video.

Katavrik

Quote from: f0xh0und696 on April 28, 2015, 08:04:49 PM
is this compatibe with superior cafting, if not is there a way to make it so, it would make for a perfect match with this mod.
PLZ
It should be compatible. Except for artillery shell, because it appears in both mods. But, as i can see, Superior Crafting does not change this item. So you can load Crash Landing after the Superior Crafting and it should work.

darkrage000

NihilRex

Quote from: Katavrik on April 28, 2015, 10:07:24 PM
Version 3.00 released:
- Updated to Alpha 10.
- Still not compatible with EdB Prepare Carefully :(. There is a special link, to a compatible version, but only for easy mode.

On linux, I get graphics issues and the crash notification textboxes have weird names.

Video linked.

I can hear sounds and see video from personal camera in the top right corner, but no gameplay video.

Yep, sorry.  What I get for trusting the encoder to work after only viewing the first 30 seconds or so.

Basically, most of the crashlanding parts are boxes with a red X, and the dropdown message boxes are something like "EventName_SmallShipPartCrashing."  Not a huge issue, but might be symptomatic of something else.

Katavrik

Quote from: NihilRex on April 29, 2015, 08:33:35 PM
Version 3.00 released:
- Updated to Alpha 10.

Video linked.

Yep, sorry.  What I get for trusting the encoder to work after only viewing the first 30 seconds or so.

Basically, most of the crashlanding parts are boxes with a red X, and the dropdown message boxes are something like "EventName_SmallShipPartCrashing."  Not a huge issue, but might be symptomatic of something else.
Can you remember crashlanding parts that are not boxes with red X. If they are: Ship Engine, Ship Reactor, Nutrient dispenser - parts with vanila graphics, that means the problem in mod textures.

Homozygote

Is there a way to disable the radiation damage? Currently, without some 'forbidden' zoning mechanic or another solution, it's impossible to prevent colonists from wandering through the radiation zone of a reactor. I constantly have to deal with colonists with minor to severe radiation damage because they're too stupid to stay away. This is a little silly IMO.

NihilRex

Quote from: Katavrik on April 29, 2015, 09:53:07 PM
Quote from: NihilRex on April 29, 2015, 08:33:35 PM
Version 3.00 released:
- Updated to Alpha 10.

Video linked.

Can you remember crashlanding parts that are not boxes with red X. If they are: Ship Engine, Ship Reactor, Nutrient dispenser - parts with vanila graphics, that means the problem in mod textures.

The only part without a box that I am sure of was the structural member, but the seconday ones it sent out that sometimes become members were Xd out as well.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Canute on April 30, 2015, 07:30:41 AM
I don't got any problems with the grafic, all looks fine.
But shouldn't crash serveral different parts ?
Previousy version i got a reactor, i didn't got any reactor just an engine and many cargo ones.

And the rain start to come to early too i think, but on the desert map i don't got so much trouble with fire then on a forest one.

i tested this mod temporarily using the one that is compatible with prepare carefully and using prepare carefully and everything works fine no graphic errors, however there are several dropping instances, one for the ship with the colonists then two others, one im not entirely sure what it dropped, the other was a whack of steel ore.

Katavrik

Quote from: Homozygote on April 29, 2015, 10:43:15 PM
Is there a way to disable the radiation damage? Currently, without some 'forbidden' zoning mechanic or another solution, it's impossible to prevent colonists from wandering through the radiation zone of a reactor. I constantly have to deal with colonists with minor to severe radiation damage because they're too stupid to stay away. This is a little silly IMO.
Removing the radiation damage will make reactor not interesting.  In this case reactor part should be removed completly. May be i add an option to disable the most dangerous parts in the future.

Katavrik

Quote from: Canute on April 30, 2015, 07:30:41 AM
I don't got any problems with the grafic, all looks fine.
But shouldn't crash serveral different parts ?
Previousy version i got a reactor, i didn't got any reactor just an engine and many cargo ones.

And the rain start to come to early too i think, but on the desert map i don't got so much trouble with fire then on a forest one.
The reactor is a random part. It can drop in one game and does not drop in another one. There is a restriction for only one reactor per event.
The rain is disabled until the message of last part fallen appear, then it can start at any time. From my expirience, it starts randomly from 2 to 8 hours.

f0xh0und696

ok, thank you for the info.
also one of my fave mods.
thnx ;D

Homozygote

Quote from: Katavrik on April 30, 2015, 11:09:53 AM
Removing the radiation damage will make reactor not interesting.  In this case reactor part should be removed completly. May be i add an option to disable the most dangerous parts in the future.

You're right, I guess it shouldn't be removed. It's a good mechanic anyway, I changed my mind about it. Maybe reducing the radius a bit would make colonists less likely to wander into it? or making it spawn closer to the edge of the map. I don't know, I just didn't like that every now and then one of my colonists would randomly have sever radiation poisoning because they wandered into the danger zone to pick up a slab of limestone.

arigon2001

Overall I really enjoy this mod. With that being said I do have one request / comment. Since I use the careful planning and the compatible version of your mod with it, is it possible to simply allow my colonists to land normally (vanilla style) and then continue other parts of the ship / other potentials to fall as intended in your mod? I say this because I've started 3 different games, of which the 1st one, everyone dies. The 2nd one, I had one survivor but none of my main players, thus it gave me the option to end the game or continue on (which made the game basically over again).
The 3rd time, I had the same thing happen. It's just way to much to start a game like that with next to zero survivors, let alone any of your starting colonists. lol

Just wanted to know if there was any room for side updates / changes to help out a little more. Ultimately, I just deactivated your mod upon landing to force the vanilla style and then reactivated your mod after the landing with the hopes it will still fire off from time to time. Thanks again for a really cool mod and cheers!

Katavrik

Quote from: arigon2001 on May 02, 2015, 01:52:25 AM
Overall I really enjoy this mod. With that being said I do have one request / comment. Since I use the careful planning and the compatible version of your mod with it, is it possible to simply allow my colonists to land normally (vanilla style) and then continue other parts of the ship / other potentials to fall as intended in your mod? I say this because I've started 3 different games, of which the 1st one, everyone dies. The 2nd one, I had one survivor but none of my main players, thus it gave me the option to end the game or continue on (which made the game basically over again).
The 3rd time, I had the same thing happen. It's just way to much to start a game like that with next to zero survivors, let alone any of your starting colonists. lol

Just wanted to know if there was any room for side updates / changes to help out a little more. Ultimately, I just deactivated your mod upon landing to force the vanilla style and then reactivated your mod after the landing with the hopes it will still fire off from time to time. Thanks again for a really cool mod and cheers!
There is optionDef directory in the mod dir. The xml file there contains some mod options. The option <isHard> controls excactly what you want. You need to change it to:
     <isHard>false</isHard>
and launch the game. Your starting colonists will arrive safely, while other will crash land.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Katavrik on May 02, 2015, 06:13:20 AM
Quote from: arigon2001 on May 02, 2015, 01:52:25 AM

There is optionDef directory in the mod dir. The xml file there contains some mod options. The option <isHard> controls excactly what you want. You need to change it to:
     <isHard>false</isHard>
and launch the game. Your starting colonists will arrive safely, while other will crash land.
Would it be possible to put a hard version down because i dont know how to save it once i changed it. I must not have the right tools for that kinda editing
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.