Disabling the mood debuff from butchering humans

Started by RetPaladinlol, August 08, 2016, 11:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RetPaladinlol

Hi guys, I'm trying set the mood debuff from butchering people from -6 to 0. I went into the Thoughts_Memories xml and set all the corresponding <basemoodeffect> to 0. When I play a game however it still gives me the -6 mood debuff. Is there another file that I should be modifying or something else?

Blato

The thing I did on one colony was make a custom scenario with all the presets as the base, 3 survivors crash landed start. And simply added a 100% chance that characters will get a "Cannibal" and "Psychopath" trait on generation.

RetPaladinlol

Quote from: Blato on August 09, 2016, 01:30:45 AM
The thing I did on one colony was make a custom scenario with all the presets as the base, 3 survivors crash landed start. And simply added a 100% chance that characters will get a "Cannibal" and "Psychopath" trait on generation.

I thought about that too but as you recruit additional colonists they won't have the cannibal and psychopath traits right?

Blato

Quote from: RetPaladinlol on August 09, 2016, 03:50:16 AM
I thought about that too but as you recruit additional colonists they won't have the cannibal and psychopath traits right?
When you set the option, it gives you a choice of Colonist, NPC, or all characters IIRC. All characters would give that trait to later additions as well

cultist

Did you check if the debuff is actually applied to the mood bar? The text might be hanging around while the actual effect is gone.

RetPaladinlol

Quote from: cultist on August 09, 2016, 09:16:29 AM
Did you check if the debuff is actually applied to the mood bar? The text might be hanging around while the actual effect is gone.

I figured it out. One of my mods called "More Traits" also had a Thoughts_Memories.xml and that must have overwritten the one in the "Core" folder. So I just made changes in the More Traits mod and it works now.