[MOD] (Alpha 9) More Deco/ WaterBoarding - build on mud

Started by skullywag, September 16, 2014, 06:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Lolwut. You ran the standalone thermite bomb mod against an existing world and it made all overhead mountains what? Thin roofs? Was this on load or after setting one off? I dont see how this could happen...got a save i can try the same steps against.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Kubouch

All right, made a proper bug report for you:

Steps to reproduce:

• Start a new colony (either existing or newly created world) with no mods activated.
  • Designate an area to mine under a mountain and wait until you reach "overhead mountain".
  • Save, close (Main menu or OS, no difference).
  • Activate Thermite bomb mod. Load the previous colony.
  • Behold! All overhead mountain roofs disappeared.

In place of overhead mountain there is nothing - no roof of any sort at all. Thin roofs remained as they were before. No bomb detonation needed, I haven't even researched it. No errors/warnings/messages in the ingame log.

Screenshots:

Vanilla digging:

After the mod loaded. The light area on the left used to be Overhead mountain. The dark area remaining is Thin roof.

Here is the save. It's saved right after vanilla digging. And output_log.txt just for sure.

Cheers,
Kubouch

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

skullywag

Wow um ok. Leave it with me must be something to do with the roofgrid resetting.

skullywag

Ah found it! a leftover roofdef from before I had the bomb, check if you have a roofdef folder if you do remove it. Ill redo the upload as well.

Uploaded thermitebomb mod fixed and github repo updated aswell.

Kubouch

Quote from: skullywag on November 10, 2014, 04:38:48 PM
Ah found it! a leftover roofdef from before I had the bomb, check if you have a roofdef folder if you do remove it. Ill redo the upload as well.

Uploaded thermitebomb mod fixed and github repo updated aswell.

Now it seems to work. I have my overhead mountains again. Thanks!

insanevizir

Vas

Can you make a large thermite bomb?  So it doesn't get tedious clearing a large amount of mountain.  :P
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

skullywag

Im gonna wait for a8 before doing anymore to this, but sure ill add mulriple versions but they will cost more.

Vas

Don't forget if you make larger ones, make the graphic larger, and if a super large one, make it take 3x3 space :P  It would be nice to have one that would clear an area exactly the size of a beacon.  Oh and for the super large one, use 1 - 3 uranium in the recipe to make it a nuke!  Destroy all plants and walls it comes into contact with!  With an even larger wave of radiation sickness.  :P
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

skullywag

What would people think about me merging the roof bomb with my moreblastingcharges mod, making them do damage to roofs? good idea? bad idea?

Igabod

Quote from: skullywag on November 21, 2014, 07:56:12 PM
What would people think about me merging the roof bomb with my moreblastingcharges mod, making them do damage to roofs? good idea? bad idea?

I never use the roof bomb. I usually build full towns and only dig into the mountains once in a blue moon, but even then I put most of my stuff outside except the rooms and kitchen.

I just played a game and used the grass growing feature for the first time. I gotta say I underestimated the usefulness of growing grass. It is the perfect method to clear any and all trees permanently from an area without having to pave over it. Just create the grow zone and hide it and it looks awesome. I can't believe I never used that before.

skullywag

Yeah its possibly may fave little mod. It just makes outside spaces look a little more cared for.

Vas

I'm not really against it being made into the explosives pack I spent forever looking for.  :P  However, the nuke in it isn't big enough of an explosion.  I haven't tried it either.  Not all of the bombs should clear the roof though.

skullywag

Ill keep it seperate then. Ill add tiers and different sizes.

skullywag

Updated to A8, removed roof bomb its separate now and ill upload it soon, removed berry growing, felt it was too cheaty. Enjoy!