[Mod request] Bleeding and first aid

Started by Atelerd, December 27, 2016, 08:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atelerd

For now it takes days for pawns to bleed to the death, because healing is very time-consuming process, and it's completely okay to leave your wounded lying in dirt for days, awaiting treatment.
But what if first aid for bleeding stop will be implemented? Starting from primitive or improvised cloth bandages and cables, to more complicated tourniquets and gitterworld nanomachines.
Mechanically, bleeding should be sped up like 3 times, but downed pawn would get a chance to stop bleeding of limb by himself, or another pawn with FA equipment could do it with minimum skill.
For balance purposes, this should not give any quality of healing, and tourniquets should make kind of debuff - if pawn would not get operated in 6-8 hours, then it will get much worse.
Should work especially well with combat realism, where pawns mostly get wounded 1-3 times and mostly to limbs.

AshbornK9

Keep in mind that medicine isn't required for doctoring, and that still gives quality of healing, even if it is lower, so bandages should give at least some.
A canine born from the Ashes of the wasteland.

Click here:

O Negative

If I'm not mistaken, lowering the value of the Humanlike raceDef's <baseHealthScale> would accelerate the bleeding rate. A mod that did so wouldn't be compatible with any other mods that alter the Humanlike raceDef, though... I'm sure there are plenty out there that do so...

I'll test it out real quick just to be sure.

Indeed it worked... And it had some side-effects you could say. The hitpoints of every body part was reduced dramatically, which led to some rather amusing bugs. Anyhow, there may be a way to recalculate the bleed rate via C#, but I can't say I know how. The other route I see would be to edit the <bleedingRateMultiplier>'s in the BodyParts .xml... Can't say I know how compatible that would be with other mods, either, haha.