Shoe suggestion

Started by Bioshokar, April 27, 2016, 02:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bioshokar

Me and mate were talking about how bases can get so big that walking from 1 side to another can be time consuming for your colonists if their rooms are on the other side of the base from their workstation/joy/eating spots, in saying that their is concrete that helps and the longer days help to. You could also (unlike me who doesn't plan well and goes with the flow) lay your base out properly planning for such instances but honestly who knows if you might long enough to see your plans come to fruition, everything can go wrong in Rimworld :)

ANYWAY, we had the idea of shoes like joggers/sneakers which would give a slightish increase to move speed nothing big just something to help you out. Then we continued to come up with more, Such as slippers/uggboots for warmth and maybe comfort, Sandals to make you slightly cooler in hotter climates, Wellingtons/rubber boots to negate alittle of the slow down from mud/shallow water, Finally combat boots which provide a much higher defense/armor rating for feet and maybe legs.

Those were the main ones we came up with on the fly maybe some sort of fashion shoes like high heels or something in impact social idk So yeah thats my suggestion bit long winded. Sorry if its already been suggested i looked up briefly but no one seems to have gone in to detail what they want other then shoes.

Id be happy if this was even made just a mod :) as a person who likes clothing my people in the finest human leathers id love to see this happen

panofduluth

I think there is definitely a need for transportation of some sort weather it be shoes or carts to mounting animals. turtle ride anyone XD

shoes would be neat though. i think it could fit in how you say. have shoes for different occasions  and such

BetaSpectre

Shoes exist in the Apperelo mod, and do give buffs.

+1 anyway.

Not sure but I think Tynan is off enjoying his new found wealth and might not be updating the game much for a while xD!
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Shinzy

Quote from: BetaSpectre on April 27, 2016, 04:15:02 AM
Shoes exist in the Apperelo mod, and do give buffs.

+1 anyway.

Not sure but I think Tynan is off enjoying his new found wealth and might not be updating the game much for a while xD!

Not yet in a13 version they don't!
But I do love the idea of shoes (and gloves and other accessories)

BetaSpectre

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

StorymasterQ

I want a ribbon that guards against all negative status effects!
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Shinzy

Quote from: StorymasterQ on April 27, 2016, 04:42:32 AM
I want a ribbon that guards against all negative status effects!
*Except some boss inflicted one

Mufflamingo

Is this rimworld or final fantasy? Im confused. XD
Bleeeee. . . . .

StorymasterQ

Rimworld is both about the finality and the fantasy of existence on a world on the rim.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Zombra

Seems like shoes are a big deal in survival type stories.  Adding this as another garment type would be a welcome addition.

b0rsuk

Quote from: Bioshokar on April 27, 2016, 02:02:12 AM
Me and mate were talking about how bases can get so big that walking from 1 side to another can be time consuming for your colonists if their rooms are on the other side of the base from their workstation/joy/eating spots,
Sounds like bad base design!

And it's already possible to make colonists go faster - give them bionic legs.

I could support shoe slot because it has potential for new features. Snow shoes would speed up walking on snow. Spiked shoes increase melee damage (kick). Comfy shoes provide a comfort boost. Combat shoes for most protection. Clean shoes spread less dirt.

Bioshokar

Quote from: b0rsuk on April 28, 2016, 07:28:56 PM
Quote from: Bioshokar on April 27, 2016, 02:02:12 AM
Me and mate were talking about how bases can get so big that walking from 1 side to another can be time consuming for your colonists if their rooms are on the other side of the base from their workstation/joy/eating spots,
Sounds like bad base design!

And it's already possible to make colonists go faster - give them bionic legs.

I could support shoe slot because it has potential for new features. Snow shoes would speed up walking on snow. Spiked shoes increase melee damage (kick). Comfy shoes provide a comfort boost. Combat shoes for most protection. Clean shoes spread less dirt.

Yeah my bases are normally designed poorly i haven't played a huge amount of the game and never seem to survive long so i just build what i need when i need it not really planning for the future.
I've never gotten to the point to have enough silver that i can buy bionic legs for people so i didn't know they did that my bad.

Snow shoes sound great and clean shoes hate how my people constantly track dirt everywhere.

hector212121

How about boots, that negate 50% of speed penalties from terrain(read:snow and mud) but give a -.05, and sneakers, that give +.1 speed but only negate, like, 10%?

Goldenpotatoes

I never really thought about shoes until seeing this thread. Everyone is literally walking around barefoot 24/7. No wonder they track in all that dirt!

Oh god, imagine the ice-sheet colonies where temperatures easily drop to -100..