Flowers that speak

Started by Lightzy, January 07, 2017, 05:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightzy

Well this is a rehash of a genius suggestion by someone and I can't find it so I'll rewrite it as best as I can recall.

There should be flowers that when you go by them they whisper compelling words to the pawns
And the pawns talk with them and return to them every day, and they exchange dna and after a little while you get flower/human hybrids

If anyone can find the original thread for me you'll be making my day

schizmo

This is over the top and weird but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want plant monsters in ancient danger sites/caves. Giant venus fly traps or carniverous plants, deadly sprawling vines, something that grows over time similar to infestation or the sphere of influence around crashed spaceship parts, where you need to take care of it ASAP before it causes too many problems.

IDK about flower human hybrid mind control flowers though, but that's only my opinion.

Lightzy

I really like the idea of creeping and deadly super vines, some bioengineered plantlife gone rogue... stuff like that. Something a bit more alien than agave and raspberries.
It'd be a very interesting thing to handle, especially in a forest biome

JesterHell

I can defiantly see the benefit of having some engineered plants and it is supported by lore with rocket fuel trees being a thing.

Maybe a plant that release some kind of drug in the air around it that improve mood and was engineered for population control or maybe weaponized plants like a super sized venus flytrap.

I'm however opposed of a plant that turn people into plant/human hybrids.

I'd prefer something like the plant from The Ruins

Lightzy

Seriously though.

Flowers that whisper sweet words to the colonists, make them come back every day for a chat, take their DNA and combine to create human flower people.

yeah

Nomsayinbrah

huh???? So do the pawn and the flower have sex and then the hybrid comes as a baby ? or the flower and the pawn both become hybrids?

idk man i find this kind of weird.. but thats just my opinion (i dont want to break off your suggestion sry)

Lightzy

It's not my suggestion. It's by someone whose name I can't remember and I can't find the original post. I just liked it so much I felt like posting it up again. It was a long long time ago :)

He wrote it in a much more weird way than me. Weird guy.
I liked it anyway. It's the first suggestion I read on the board that made me think of how much potential the setting has